ImageImageImage

Game 14: Kings at Timberwolves, 8 pm

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,772

Re: Game 14: Kings at Timberwolves, 8 pm 

Post#61 » by life_saver » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:52 am

I think we have to be patient with Ant..he will need probably another season (or maybe 2) to improve his passing game and decision making. Agree that rebounding is such a huge issue..Wolves are by far the worst rebounding team in the league
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,299

Post#62 » by winforlose » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:59 am

life_saver wrote:I think we have to be patient with Ant..he will need probably another season (or maybe 2) to improve his passing game and decision making. Agree that rebounding is such a huge issue..Wolves are by far the worst rebounding team in the league

Ant has 3 problems. Before I list them I want to point out that I know he is 20, has had Covid related hurdles in his development, ect…

1. His 3 point shooting is not consistent with his number of attempts or desire to settle for 3 point shots. Tonight he was 1 of 5 before going 3 of 5 with the hot hand. Most games this season he is sub 30% and that is something that needs to change. Can he improve, absolutely. But, until he does improve he needs to shoot less 3s or at least look at them as a last resort rather than a good idea.

2. Ant needs to embrace contact more. I know it probably hurts physically and he is worried about injury, but elite guards don’t shy away from contact. Ant has the size and athleticism to tear up defenders, but he needs to be aggressive and get into defenders bodies a lot more often.

3. Ant needs to move the ball more. When you ball stop you cool down your teammates and when you play hero ball you gamble on your shooting at the moment. Tonight he was hot and it worked. On any given night he might not be hot and he could sink us. The offense has to run through him and Towns, not end with them after 12 seconds plus of dribbling.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,945

Post#63 » by Nick K » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:11 am

Calinks wrote:We would be so much better with another big. They would take a lot of pressure off of Towns, let Towns rebound some more and make it WAY harder to double KAT as he would always be a threat to get an easy bucket under the basket. The fact that we have no size is a killer every night.

No truer words ever said.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#64 » by UnFadeable21 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:15 am

KAT: "How much can we do this in a row and I think now we’re on a two-game streak of playing with this kind of energy. Now we have to make it three, then three to four, four to five. It sounds good to say it up here and everything but it’s up to us to do it."

“it’s about consistency with us. It’s on us to keep doing this.”

Edwards: 26, 5 boards
Towns: 22 (9-12), 6 boards, 4 assists
Beverley: 14 pts, 7a, 6r
Russell: 17, 7a,

We found 4 of the start 5 moving forward. Vando and Jaden will continue to take the 5th spot.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,945

Post#65 » by Nick K » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:33 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:KAT: "How much can we do this in a row and I think now we’re on a two-game streak of playing with this kind of energy. Now we have to make it three, then three to four, four to five. It sounds good to say it up here and everything but it’s up to us to do it."

“it’s about consistency with us. It’s on us to keep doing this.”

Edwards: 26, 5 boards
Towns: 22 (9-12), 6 boards, 4 assists
Beverley: 14 pts, 7a, 6r
Russell: 17, 7a,

We found 4 of the start 5 moving forward. Vando and Jaden will continue to take the 5th spot.

Kat and Ant aren't the problem. Everybody else is and so is my beloved coach....that I have to rip.

Tonight some of the other guys actualy contributed tonight.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Post#66 » by Neeva » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:42 am

Nick K wrote:
Calinks wrote:We would be so much better with another big. They would take a lot of pressure off of Towns, let Towns rebound some more and make it WAY harder to double KAT as he would always be a threat to get an easy bucket under the basket. The fact that we have no size is a killer every night.

Should have tanked for Mobley.
Minnesotadrake
Sophomore
And1: 94

Post#67 » by Minnesotadrake » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:53 am

I was watching the game from the Kings feed and my god their announcers are terrible. I should appreciate Dave and Jim way more than I do....
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#68 » by UnFadeable21 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:57 am

Minnesotadrake wrote:I was watching the game from the Kings feed and my god their announcers are terrible. I should appreciate Dave and Jim way more than I do....

Jim Pete is the best. Benz is horrible
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#69 » by UnFadeable21 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:00 am

Anthony Edwards said Pat Bev told them,

“Whatever you did after the Laker game, don't do that tonight." Get on the video game, call up your teammates, play Call of Duty till you get sleepy, then go to bed.”(Another back-to-back is coming tomorrow)

The young guys went and partied the night after the Lakers win which is why they all sucked the next night vs the Clippers.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#70 » by shangrila » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:36 am

Neeva wrote:
Nick K wrote:

Should have tanked for Mobley.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#71 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:18 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:Anthony Edwards said Pat Bev told them,

“Whatever you did after the Laker game, don't do that tonight." Get on the video game, call up your teammates, play Call of Duty till you get sleepy, then go to bed.”(Another back-to-back is coming tomorrow)

The young guys went and partied the night after the Lakers win which is why they all sucked the next night vs the Clippers.

Source?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#72 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:19 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,427

Post#73 » by shrink » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:34 pm

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

We’ll, we’re TRYING to compete at the Kings level, but I can understand how we fail that eye test sometimes!

Maybe I’ll get more happiness out of less wins if I listen to these interviews. Last win, Anthony Davis said the same thing.
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#74 » by UnFadeable21 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:11 pm

Klomp wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:Anthony Edwards said Pat Bev told them,

Source?

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves