ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA V: Live and Let Die

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Re: Around the NBA V: Live and Let Die 

Post#21 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Nov 9, 2021 4:31 am

Read some note about Kevin Love coming to LA if bought out....ahuh. A guy with mental emotional issues wants to step into that mess just so he can AGAIN become LeBron's whipping boy?
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#22 » by and1GS » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:38 pm

:lol:

I knew he was horrible for us but good god this guy is Pietrus level of IQ. I can't imagine he can keep fooling teams much longer.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
weekend_warrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 349

Post#23 » by weekend_warrior » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:47 am

On another Warriors alumni:

Watched the Jazz for a bit (they were really bad), the new home of Paschall. 3 FGA in 9 minutes, all from 3, all misses. He's at 25.8% 3P% for the season, yet he basically stands in the corners a lot and he takes 66% of his FGA from 3. Just terrible.

On one hand, this is of course the worst way of using the guy. On the other, it might just be that a good team would also be ill-advised to give him the ball and let him go to work in the paint and midrange (with all his other deficiencies).

Anyways, it looks like the Warriors were spot-on with basically salary-dumping him. Of course that was not very surprising to most fans here. He looks like he could be out of the league next year.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,138

Post#24 » by watch1958 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:28 am

After the funky start, the Suns are rolling.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#25 » by tarantism » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:40 pm

watch1958 wrote:After the funky start, the Suns are rolling.
Opponents have been MIN, HOU x2, NOP and then a pretty "meh" group of MEM, POR, SAC, LAL and ATL. Their losses have come to DEN, POR and SAC.

I mean, it's the NBA regular season after all and it's just as easy to poke holes in our record right now but I'm just saying that we can probably take their offensive, defensive and net numbers with a grain of salt.

I haven't caught at ton of Pheonix this year so far but Chris Paul seems to be playing alright and they just got Ayton back. Booker is Booker and Bridges seems to have taken another step. So they're good. Are they finals good? Probably not, considering the Warriors, Nuggets and Clippers at the very least stand to get better by the playoffs barring injuries and the Jazz (who are playing like ****) still have a seat at the table for now.
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,088

Post#26 » by Outside » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:40 pm

tarantism wrote:
Opponents have been MIN, HOU x2, NOP and then a pretty "meh" group of MEM, POR, SAC, LAL and ATL. Their losses have come to DEN, POR and SAC.

I mean, it's the NBA regular season after all and it's just as easy to poke holes in our record right now but I'm just saying that we can probably take their offensive, defensive and net numbers with a grain of salt.

I haven't caught at ton of Pheonix this year so far but Chris Paul seems to be playing alright and they just got Ayton back. Booker is Booker and Bridges seems to have taken another step. So they're good. Are they finals good? Probably not, considering the Warriors, Nuggets and Clippers at the very least stand to get better by the playoffs barring injuries and the Jazz (who are playing like ****) still have a seat at the table for now.

Warriors have had the easiest strength of schedule at -2.54. Phoenix is right behind them at -2.51, so they'll probably trade places after tonight.

At 28th is the Spurs, but then Brooklyn checks in at 27th (-1.64), then the Lakers at 26th (-1.24). It's fine to say the Warriors, Suns, and Nets have good records because of their easy schedules, but man, the Lakers are doing terrible.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#27 » by Coxy » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:51 pm

tarantism wrote:

If the Suns are healthy, I see no reason why they wouldn’t make a serious run at the finals, they are really good and have proven they can do that.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#28 » by FNQ » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:03 am

I’m gonna need to be talked out of dropping Giddey in fantasy.. or trading. He’s looking like a Richard Rubio so far without the defense
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,137

Post#29 » by wco81 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:19 pm

Coxy wrote:
tarantism wrote:

If the Suns are healthy, I see no reason why they wouldn’t make a serious run at the finals, they are really good and have proven they can do that.

Yeah they dominated the Warriors last season until the last matchup between them.

They play each other later this month so we will see.

Clippers have also been hot too. They're good on defense and making their shots, which gives PG13 a lot of room.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#30 » by GQ Hot Dog » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:18 am

FNQ wrote:I’m gonna need to be talked out of dropping Giddey in fantasy.. or trading. He’s looking like a Richard Rubio so far without the defense

In my league Giddey hit the waiver wire this week for the first time but got snapped up right away(it's a league of mostly Aussies). The lure of him lucking into a tripdub is strong.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#31 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:06 pm

Outside wrote:
tarantism wrote:

Warriors have had the easiest strength of schedule at -2.54. Phoenix is right behind them at -2.51, so they'll probably trade places after tonight.

At 28th is the Spurs, but then Brooklyn checks in at 27th (-1.64), then the Lakers at 26th (-1.24). It's fine to say the Warriors, Suns, and Nets have good records because of their easy schedules, but man, the Lakers are doing terrible.

Early season SOS is always a bit of a mess. Basically every team that has lost to the Warriors has their SOS helped because they lost so it's like the perception is your team isn't as bad as the record looks because you lost to better teams while at the same time winning team doesn't look as good as their record because they've mostly been playing teams that are losing more games. It takes probably around 1/3 of the season for SOS to start meaning anything one way or the other.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:10 pm

Coxy wrote:
tarantism wrote:

They really only have 1 primary player with a significant injury history (CP3). I think they are really missing Saric this year (and in the finals) though.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#33 » by Coxy » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:51 pm

Scoots1994 wrote: I think they are really missing Saric this year (and in the finals) though.

Nobody is ever missing Dario Saric.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:24 pm

Coxy wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote: I think they are really missing Saric this year (and in the finals) though.

Nobody is ever missing Dario Saric.

The Suns are thin at the 4 and Saric was relatively efficient at 18ish minutes a game last year, and without him Crowder has been getting more time up a position and his efficiency has fallen down, and Kaminski's efficiency has dropped too.

Saric is not a star but he's a decent player.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#35 » by tarantism » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:41 am

Hardens FTA seem to be pretty all again suddenly. Averaging over 10 per game over the last four.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#36 » by hamncheese » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:40 am

Read on Twitter
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
Coxy
RealGM

Post#37 » by Coxy » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:40 am

The Pacers are looking like a team that will make deadline deals.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:17 pm

hamncheese wrote:
Read on Twitter

That is brutal. I love it.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:33 pm

Coxy wrote:The Pacers are looking like a team that will make deadline deals.

As buyers or sellers?

The Pacers always seem to have players I like but a flawed roster construction overall.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,133

Post#40 » by Onus » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:33 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
Coxy wrote:The Pacers are looking like a team that will make deadline deals.

As buyers or sellers?

The Pacers always seem to have players I like but a flawed roster construction overall.

This pacers team is in shambles. They can’t guard anyone and their first option is caris levert somehow. I can’t stand watching that team right now. Losing to Detroit was shameful
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)

Return to Golden State Warriors