ImageImageImage

Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Omicron & Delta Variants)

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,485

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#781 » by canman1971 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:29 pm

Over 5 million dead. Should be the end of the debate, yet here we are. I never understood why the morons seem to get a pass in life.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#782 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:36 am

jmr07019 wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:So the pandemic/unvaccination is bad business for most people, and the ones it’s good business for are better off if people stay unvaccinated and keep dying! Follow all the money.

The unvaccinated do not want things to stay shut down. It is a complete rejection of the MSM narrative. We want the country open and mandates dropped. We are not scared of Covid. We would rather take our chances with covid vs. giving the government more power. From my point of view it is the left hand wringing about the unvaccinated that is keeping everything shut down. Trust your vaccine and let's move on.

On the topic of following the money.... is it any surprises shows sponsored by pfizer endorse people buying pfizer products?

If everyone involved were motivated purely by money there’d be no lockdowns. You think corrupt politicians and corporations wouldn’t let people die? Even if you think government is completely in the pocket of the rich and powerful, why would they side with vaccine manufacturers (a small portion of the rich and powerful!) over all the people losing money?
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,829

Post#783 » by truth18 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:52 pm

fallguy wrote:
truth18 wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:Still sounds like a flu to me. Just dress warm and you're golden.

How does it feel to watch your forum die and become a bunch of antivaxxers talking in a circle?

Still.

Here.

Hey can I get in on the discord?

Yeah, anyone can. I'll PM ya
YOU LOSE
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#784 » by jmr07019 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:06 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:If everyone involved were motivated purely by money there’d be no lockdowns. You think corrupt politicians and corporations wouldn’t let people die? Even if you think government is completely in the pocket of the rich and powerful, why would they side with vaccine manufacturers (a small portion of the rich and powerful!) over all the people losing money?

Yes I believe the government is almost entirely in the pocket of the rich and the powerful. I don't believe the government cares about people dying. You keep saying the richest people are losing money. Do you have a source on this? Everything I've heard is the opposite.

Not to go too off topic but if you want an example of how bad and corrupt things are you can watch this video about how the FDA approved artificial sweeteners that they knew caused cancers and banned the only one (stevia) that didn't. Fast forward to the 7:15 mark. The information in the video is from the Journal of Food and Law Policy published by the University of Arkansas. I tried to find the actual article but looks like it's behind a paywall. Seems legit tho.

And if you want another example of how bad the FDA is.. .these are the people who approve opiates and say marijuana has no medicinal use. That's says a lot to me.
Show Love Spread Love
jmr07019
General Manager

Post#785 » by jmr07019 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:08 pm

Very concerning stuff here. I'll take my chances with covid

Read on Twitter
Show Love Spread Love
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,757

Post#786 » by SuperDeluxe » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:18 pm

jmr07019 wrote:Very concerning stuff here. I'll take my chances with covid

Read on Twitter

What exactly is concerning?

While you are free to "take your chances with covid," the vaccinated are forced to take their chances with you. How is that fair? Is it not concerning to you that you are imperiling others?

Because the virus is once again out of control in Austria, the government was forced to impose a lockdown that applies only to the unvaccinated. That's what the video is showing.
jmr07019
General Manager

Post#787 » by jmr07019 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:35 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:

Read on Twitter

That's what a police state looks like. I don't want to live in a police state.

While you are free to "take your chances with covid," the vaccinated are forced to take their chances with you. How is that fair? Is it not concerning to you that you are imperiling others?

Because the virus is once again out of control in Austria, the government was forced to impose a lockdown that applies only to the unvaccinated. That's what the video is showing.

It is not concerning because the unvaxxed are not imperiling the vaxxed.

More than 99% of recent deaths were among the unvaccinated, infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci said earlier this month on NBC's Meet the Press, while Walensky noted on Friday that unvaccinated people accounted for over 97% of hospitalizations.

"There is a clear message that is coming through: This is becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated," Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the CDC's director, said at a Friday briefing of the White House COVID-19 Response Team.

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/16/1017002907/u-s-covid-deaths-are-rising-again-experts-call-it-a-pandemic-of-the-unvaccinated

The CDC has recently started publishing data about covid cases and deaths by vax status and vax manufacturer. While their website is quite difficult to navigate here is an article that pulls some data.

In mid-August, at the peak of the latest wave, unvaccinated people made up the greatest percentage of COVID-19 cases, at an incident rate of 736.72 cases per 100,000 people.

Johnson & Johnson had the second-highest incidence rate, at 171.92 cases per 100,000.

Pfizer had the third-highest, at 135.64.

And Moderna had the lowest rate, at 86.28 cases per 100,000 people.

The death rate mirrored the breakdown in terms of vaccine product and frequency, although the numbers were far lower across the board.

Again, at the peak in mid-August, the death rate among unvaccinated people was 13.23 in 100,000 people.

Rates for vaccinated people were dramatically reduced, at 3.14, 1.43 and 0.73 for Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, and Moderna, respectively.

https://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/cdc-publishes-rates-covid-19-cases-deaths-vaccine-brand

Lets compare to deaths by car accident.

However, more than 32,000 people are killed and 2 million are injured each year from motor vehicle crashes.

https://www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns/motor-vehicle-safety/index.html

Quick maths

32,000 deaths / 360,000,000 population of the US * 100,000 = 8.88889 deaths per 100,000 people.

Should we ban cars? Of course not.

Trust the vaccine. Trust the science.
Show Love Spread Love
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,067

Post#788 » by Ed Pinkney » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:42 am

jmr07019 wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:

Read on Twitter

More than 99% of recent deaths were among the unvaccinated, infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci said earlier this month on NBC's Meet the Press, while Walensky noted on Friday that unvaccinated people accounted for over 97% of hospitalizations.

"There is a clear message that is coming through: This is becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated," Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the CDC's director, said at a Friday briefing of the White House COVID-19 Response Team.

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/16/1017002907/u-s-covid-deaths-are-rising-again-experts-call-it-a-pandemic-of-the-unvaccinated

The CDC has recently started publishing data about covid cases and deaths by vax status and vax manufacturer. While their website is quite difficult to navigate here is an article that pulls some data.

In mid-August, at the peak of the latest wave, unvaccinated people made up the greatest percentage of COVID-19 cases, at an incident rate of 736.72 cases per 100,000 people.

Johnson & Johnson had the second-highest incidence rate, at 171.92 cases per 100,000.

The death rate mirrored the breakdown in terms of vaccine product and frequency, although the numbers were far lower across the board.

Again, at the peak in mid-August, the death rate among unvaccinated people was 13.23 in 100,000 people.

Rates for vaccinated people were dramatically reduced, at 3.14, 1.43 and 0.73 for Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, and Moderna, respectively.

https://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/cdc-publishes-rates-covid-19-cases-deaths-vaccine-brand

However, more than 32,000 people are killed and 2 million are injured each year from motor vehicle crashes.

Quick maths

32,000 deaths / 360,000,000 population of the US * 100,000 = 8.88889 deaths per 100,000 people.

Interesting comparison to pick using cars, considering you are mandated to register your car, wear a seatbelt and have a valid drivers license. And if you do something negligent while driving your car that harms someone else, you can end up in jail.
celtics792244
Rookie
And1: 794

Post#789 » by celtics792244 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:32 pm

Ed Pinkney wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:What exactly is concerning?

Quick maths

Interesting comparison to pick using cars, considering you are mandated to register your car, wear a seatbelt and have a valid drivers license. And if you do something negligent while driving your car that harms someone else, you can end up in jail.

Driving is a privilege, not a right.
celtics543
Analyst
And1: 3,078

Post#790 » by celtics543 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:12 pm

You aren't being arrested for not being vaccinated. That's the difference. People keep bringing up a police state but it's not like the unvaccinated are being gathered up and put in prison or killed. You just can't go in certain places because those businesses have decided they don't want to put their other customers at risk.

It's actually pretty offensive to people who lived in actual police states to make that comparison. Not being vaccinated and losing some of those privileges that come with it is the same as trying to drive without a license or going into McDonalds without a shirt or shoes on. No one is making you wear a shirt or shoes to exist but to go into a store you have to.
jmr07019
General Manager

Post#791 » by jmr07019 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:01 pm

You guys make some good points. We are way too easy on drivers who violate laws. Anyone caught driving without a seatbelt should be fired from their job, locked in their house and effectively removed from society. As my last post a vaccinated person is far more likely to die in a car accident than from covid. How many more people need to die before we start removing people who don’t wear seatbelts from society. :roll:
Show Love Spread Love
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#792 » by ddb » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:45 pm

I just went to an outdoor concert on the beach with 45 thousand people. We all had a wonderful time. Smoked some pot with strangers, drank beers all weekend. Talked with people from all over the country. Just marvelous.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,757

Post#793 » by SuperDeluxe » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:11 pm

ddb wrote:I just went to an outdoor concert on the beach with 45 thousand people. We all had a wonderful time. Smoked some pot with strangers, drank beers all weekend. Talked with people from all over the country. Just marvelous.

Have you considered donating your brain post-mortem to science? Just marvelous.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,966

Post#794 » by cl2117 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:49 pm

jmr07019 wrote:You guys make some good points. We are way too easy on drivers who violate laws. Anyone caught driving without a seatbelt should be fired from their job, locked in their house and effectively removed from society. As my last post a vaccinated person is far more likely to die in a car accident than from covid. How many more people need to die before we start removing people who don’t wear seatbelts from society. :roll:

Ah yes continue to be flippant and childish about a global holocaust, that's surely the best approach to take here. You should be so proud of yourself....
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,149

Post#795 » by Tyakack » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:55 pm

ddb wrote:I just went to an outdoor concert on the beach with 45 thousand people. We all had a wonderful time. Smoked some pot with strangers, drank beers all weekend. Talked with people from all over the country. Just marvelous.

Wow.....absolutely disgusting...........beer I mean. If you're going to drink do it right and drink real liquor! :noway:
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#796 » by ddb » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:15 pm

Tyakack wrote:

Wow.....absolutely disgusting...........beer I mean. If you're going to drink do it right and drink real liquor! :noway:

:lol: I had plenty of real liquor as well!
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,829

Post#797 » by truth18 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:55 pm

Glad you enjoyed the Gathering of the Juggalos. Watch out for that vax in the Faygo bro.
YOU LOSE
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#798 » by Andrew McCeltic » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:33 pm

jmr07019 wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:If everyone involved were motivated purely by money there’d be no lockdowns. You think corrupt politicians and corporations wouldn’t let people die? Even if you think government is completely in the pocket of the rich and powerful, why would they side with vaccine manufacturers (a small portion of the rich and powerful!) over all the people losing money?

Yes I believe the government is almost entirely in the pocket of the rich and the powerful. I don't believe the government cares about people dying. You keep saying the richest people are losing money. Do you have a source on this? Everything I've heard is the opposite

You've just confused me on this again. Why would the government push a vaccine to end the pandemic if the pandemic is making people rich?
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#799 » by Andrew McCeltic » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:34 pm

jmr07019 wrote:You guys make some good points. We are way too easy on drivers who violate laws. Anyone caught driving without a seatbelt should be fired from their job, locked in their house and effectively removed from society. As my last post a vaccinated person is far more likely to die in a car accident than from covid. How many more people need to die before we start removing people who don’t wear seatbelts from society. :roll:

Not being vaccinated is more like having no seatbelt in your car, or like being drunk every time you drive. We take people's licenses away for that.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#800 » by Andrew McCeltic » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:35 pm

What will we do if all the Jimmy Buffett fans die at the same time

Return to Boston Celtics