Post#143 » by GTR11 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:06 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: Around the NBA: 2021-22 Season Thread 

Post#144 » by GTR11 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:55 am

KAT has to be most frustrating player to watch in today's nba. He will never win big as top 1-2 option. He's bball iq never met talent he has.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#145 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:35 pm

GTR11 wrote:KAT has to be most frustrating player to watch in today's nba. He will never win big as top 1-2 option. He's bball iq never met talent he has.

He is a bad player. it isnt hard for bigs to rack up empty stats since:

1) Teams dont care if your bigs score in the post. they know efficiency wise it wont hurt you in the long run. and misses in the post are less likely to generate offensive rebounds then long misses on threes. it also gives you more transition opportunites with the big less likely to get back and guard the rim

2) rebounding is a super low priority for most teams. bigs who stay near the rim get rebounds by default. same is true with anyone who seeks them. most rebounds are uncontested, with 4 offensive players outside the arch on most poessions when a shot goes up.

Its why embiid is less impactful on winning in the playoffs despite elite playoff numbers. ditto for jokic. its why vuc looks like an all-star on paper but is a big liability, and why KAT is so bad. You are better off giving someone like brook lopez 10M to be a role playing floor spacer for 20 minutes
GTR11
RealGM

Post#146 » by GTR11 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:28 pm

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:KAT has to be most frustrating player to watch in today's nba. He will never win big as top 1-2 option. He's bball iq never met talent he has.

1) Teams dont care if your bigs score in the post. they know efficiency wise it wont hurt you in the long run. and misses in the post are less likely to generate offensive rebounds then long misses on threes. it also gives you more transition opportunites with the big less likely to get back and guard the rim

2) rebounding is a super low priority for most teams. bigs who stay near the rim get rebounds by default. same is true with anyone who seeks them. most rebounds are uncontested, with 4 offensive players outside the arch on most poessions when a shot goes up.

Its why embiid is less impactful on winning in the playoffs despite elite playoff numbers. ditto for jokic. its why vuc looks like an all-star on paper but is a big liability, and why KAT is so bad. You are better off giving someone like brook lopez 10M to be a role playing floor spacer for 20 minutes

Really wonder how and why you coming to this conclusions.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#147 » by GTR11 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:38 pm

As I've been saying. Offense setting up D.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

It's no coincidence that our D picked with Harden improving. We were able to set our D after easy buckets.

We facing huge issue right now though. With Kyrie eating 30m in cap space and Din being out, we have no depth to speak about. Our vets will not sustain this level of productivity throughout the season. Furthermore we will burn them out with risk of injuries to our roster. Marks better step up here, we need help.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#148 » by GTR11 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:35 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

That's what happens when your supervisor is an azzhole. Send Kyrie to Philphy and rot.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,770

Post#149 » by Karate Diop » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:13 am

Bulls won big, but I still can't help but be unimpressed with them... They strike me as this year's ultimate pretender.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#150 » by Prokorov » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:51 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Really wonder how and why you coming to this conclusions.

For the 1st one, that is how modern teams play. it is why teams dont play bigs in the post anymore, bigs have trended smaller, and bigs who shoot are valued over post bigs. unless its a super elite player (like embiid) teams wont waste possesions on low efficiency touches. Defenses learned through analytics that double teams on post ups lead to higher efficiency shots on passes out of the post. so teams just play 1 on 1 defensively and live with what calculates out to be 48-54 TS%

Offenses have taken note, and realized their post 2-pt FGs that no longer lead to layups/threes/fouls are not efficient and opt for rim rolling, shot blocking, floor spacing bigs. Jokic/Embiid being frequent early exits in the playoffs despite elite numbers is just an observational fact and may or may not relate.

for the second one, again, teams get more value out of floor spacing and going small then they do by rebounding. 1 possesion at high efficiency > 1.25 possesions at lower effciency. that is just how the math works out. so teams will give up the extra possesions rebounding gets them in order to put more floor spacers who can switch defensively on the court.

Rebiunding thus, is more of a function of scheme then size or skill. Triple double frequency has sky rocketed the last 5 years because guards get a ton of uncontested rebounds and do risk injury fighting vs bigs. if your offensive big shoots a 3 or is in a pick and pop, he wont be there for the rebound. on most possesions at least 3 are outside the 3 point line when the shot goes up, and often 4 or 5.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#151 » by Prokorov » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:58 pm

GTR11 wrote:As I've been saying. Offense setting up D.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

It's no coincidence that our D picked with Harden improving. We were able to set our D after easy buckets.

We facing huge issue right now though. With Kyrie eating 30m in cap space and Din being out, we have no depth to speak about. Our vets will not sustain this level of productivity throughout the season. Furthermore we will burn them out with risk of injuries to our roster. Marks better step up here, we need help.

I disagree. i think we are actually super deep. most teams dont have 3 reliable bench guys let alone 5. and most teams dont have 1 top 10 player let alone 2 and cant stagger stars to play with the bench.

Our bench is in the top of the league in nearly every category but rebounding, which is a team issue not a bench issue.

take a look around the league... not many teams can roll out a Mills/Bembry/Milsap/Aldridge type lineup. then we have even more depth to supplement age with Carter/Cam/Johnson/Claxton.

Kyrie puts us in god mode, because we can have TWO stars on the floor at all times. but we dont become some depthless team without him.

we are #1 in the east with a top 3 bench in the east top 6 bench in the NBA
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#152 » by Prokorov » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:59 pm

Karate Diop wrote:Bulls won big, but I still can't help but be unimpressed with them... They strike me as this year's ultimate pretender.

co-sign 100%.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#153 » by GTR11 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:03 pm

https://youtu.be/tLsmuHk1QTU

I could swear to God I've been told this fatso is top 3 under 25 :rofl:

Dam chuck had me in tears :lol:
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#154 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:29 pm

GTR11 wrote:https://youtu.be/tLsmuHk1QTU

It's borderline fat shaming, but... I hope Zion listens. Underneath the jokes, I believe Charles wants the best for Williamson. His career is on the line; injuries and a perceived lack of discipline in conditioning just keep compounding each other. He could be an Hall of Famer or a legendary flame-out, the inflection point is right now.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
GTR11
RealGM

Post#155 » by GTR11 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:46 am

https://youtu.be/xv6x0WxPeR4
Screaming clown has a point, if KD wont be able to lead Nets to chip... man its over for KD as a top 10 to ever play the game. Luka and Giannis right there knocking trying to make history.

MJ, Bird, Magic, LBJ, Kobe, Russell, Kareem, Timmy those already there and ain't moving anytime soon. If KD fails here, there's about 5 to 10 players that push him down where he really don't want to be. Those GSW boys will rob it in too.

Kyrie such a great friend, isn't he.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#156 » by GTR11 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:55 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
GTR11 wrote:https://youtu.be/tLsmuHk1QTU

It's borderline fat shaming, but... I hope Zion listens. Underneath the jokes, I believe Charles wants the best for Williamson. His career is on the line; injuries and a perceived lack of discipline in conditioning just keep compounding each other. He could be an Hall of Famer or a legendary flame-out, the inflection point is right now.

Sometimes you can sense that IT feeling about players. That fatso never had one. America was/is desperate for next king. Picked this fatso, now it's blowing in their face. I remember days when LBJ and Melo were coming out. They ain't had the hype this piece adipose tissue had :lol: . Luka and Giannis going to run this league 2 years from now, unless Tatum goes to LA. Than we might have an American to talk about.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,864

Post#157 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:40 am

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:As I've been saying. Offense setting up D.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I disagree. i think we are actually super deep. most teams dont have 3 reliable bench guys let alone 5. and most teams dont have 1 top 10 player let alone 2 and cant stagger stars to play with the bench.

Our bench is in the top of the league in nearly every category but rebounding, which is a team issue not a bench issue.

take a look around the league... not many teams can roll out a Mills/Bembry/Milsap/Aldridge type lineup. then we have even more depth to supplement age with Carter/Cam/Johnson/Claxton.

Kyrie puts us in god mode, because we can have TWO stars on the floor at all times. but we dont become some depthless team without him.

we are #1 in the east with a top 3 bench in the east top 6 bench in the NBA

We are not #1 in the East. Miami is.

Also, I don't get where we are super deep right now when if we rest both KD and Harden the bench consistently gets whipped
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,864

Post#158 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:45 am

If you told me that we can get Maxey and Simmons for Kyrie tomorrow I would gladly do it.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#159 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:52 am

MrDollarBills wrote:If you told me that we can get Maxey and Simmons for Kyrie tomorrow I would gladly do it.

If Simmons goes to Detroit for grant n bey plus whatever.... you know I'm going to bitch n throw jabs..

We trade bey for Shamet

Det trades bey as part of deal for Simmons lmao
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#160 » by GTR11 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:24 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:If you told me that we can get Maxey and Simmons for Kyrie tomorrow I would gladly do it.

If Simmons goes to Detroit for grant n bey plus whatever.... you know I'm going to bitch n throw jabs..

We trade bey for Shamet

Det trades bey as part of deal for Simmons lmao

Seen tweet stating Giannis has Harden picture on the wall as inspiration. Than went to check podcast were they spoke about his comments, dude said he wasn't sure where he might be 2 years from now. If you thought duh nix fans were there with trade ideas, you guessed it right.

It's not far fetched imo. You add the fact we might be losing Harden to Philphy, I'll be taking break from sports for some time.

Return to Brooklyn Nets