ImageImageImageImageImage

2021-22 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

PT416
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,243

Re: 2021-22 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#401 » by PT416 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:27 am

In: Jalen Suggs, Wendell Carter Jr, Markelle Fultz, Gary Harris
Out: Siakam & Fred

Suggs / Trent Jr / OG / Barnes / Carter Jr.

Masai it's time to take out the trash(cal) and empty the recycling (fred)..
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,587

Post#402 » by Bruin » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:03 am

PT416 wrote:In: Jalen Suggs, Wendell Carter Jr, Markelle Fultz, Gary Harris
Out: Siakam & Fred

Suggs / Trent Jr / OG / Barnes / Carter Jr.

Masai it's time to take out the trash(cal) and empty the recycling (fred)..

While that would be nice, Orlando has no reason to do this

Also, after how the Toronto fan base has treated Suggs in the past few months, I’d hate for him to be traded here. For his own sake
Raptors_128
Analyst
And1: 3,275

Post#403 » by Raptors_128 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:23 am

If the Pelicans get desperate and want to add plus defenders that fit around Zion, how about this?

FVV + Siakam for Ingram + Satoransky + Hayes
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,416

Post#404 » by Rapsfan07 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:41 am

Raptors_128 wrote:If the Pelicans get desperate and want to add plus defenders that fit around Zion, how about this?

Been a big fan of Ingram from the day he was drafted. But acquiring him only further complicates the depth issue we currently have with OG/Barnes/Siakam.

Looking around the league, there really isn't much available for what we have to offer. No one needs a PG and we have two of them that we should be looking to deal. Swiss army knife forwards will always be easier to shop but then we have to consider what we'd actually get for them. I can only think of two or three potential destinations.

1. Golden State
They have some young guys in Kuminga, Moody and Wiseman. Siakam is an all-star though so you'd really have to believe in at least one of these guys to make it worth it. Plus we'd have to take back Wiggins, which may not be a bad thing. He's improved quite a bit since being over there.

2. Sacramento
The only way I'd send Siakam there is if Haliburton is coming back. But again - he's their only good young piece. You'd really have to believe in him to make him the centerpiece of a deal.

3. Philly/Minny
Philly is shopping Simmons, Minnesota could look to deal KAT. Not sure if that's going to happen of how much we'd have to add to a Siakam deal to outbid other potential buyers.
Bruin
RealGM

Post#405 » by Bruin » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:44 am

The only positions we should be trading Siakam/Fred are a Center and a real PG

Don’t need another forward
Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,363

Post#406 » by Saul Goodman » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:27 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
Raptors_128 wrote:If the Pelicans get desperate and want to add plus defenders that fit around Zion, how about this?

Been a big fan of Ingram from the day he was drafted. But acquiring him only further complicates the depth issue we currently have with OG/Barnes/Siakam.

Looking around the league, there really isn't much available for what we have to offer. No one needs a PG and we have two of them that we should be looking to deal. Swiss army knife forwards will always be easier to shop but then we have to consider what we'd actually get for them. I can only think of two or three potential destinations.

1. Golden State
They have some young guys in Kuminga, Moody and Wiseman. Siakam is an all-star though so you'd really have to believe in at least one of these guys to make it worth it. Plus we'd have to take back Wiggins, which may not be a bad thing. He's improved quite a bit since being over there.

2. Sacramento
The only way I'd send Siakam there is if Haliburton is coming back. But again - he's their only good young piece. You'd really have to believe in him to make him the centerpiece of a deal.

3. Philly/Minny
Philly is shopping Simmons, Minnesota could look to deal KAT. Not sure if that's going to happen of how much we'd have to add to a Siakam deal to outbid other potential buyers.
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Griffin/M.Leonard/T.Jones
Porter/Marc.Morris/J.Johnson
McCollum/Stauskas/Thompson/Seldon
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,476

Post#407 » by Spida888 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:41 pm

There were some reporting that SAC had some interest in Siakam in the offseason. They supposedly have the longest drought of not making the playoffs for 15 years. We may be able to get the most value back from a team like this because they are so desperate.

I would love Haliburton back, but I doubt SAC even considers that for Siakam.

How about something like this as the framework:
Siakam + Flynn + Boucher for Richaun Holmes + Buddy Hield + Davion Mitchell + Picks

- Holmes I think is trade eligible after Jan 14, 2022. If we want to tank instead of win, we can ask for Bagley instead and SAC can add sweetener like another pick or something.
- Hield is really to match salary, but he can provide bench scoring/shooting that we desperately need. We'll probably end up re-routing him down the road.
- Mitchell fits our defensive identity, and would be a more reliable backup PG than Flynn.
- The picks are the most valuable assets coming back. If there are no picks coming back, I ain't doing the deal.
- If SAC is really willing to give up Haliburton instead, then we remove Mitchell and some picks.
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#408 » by Rapsfan07 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:04 pm

RapsFan008 wrote:There were some reporting that SAC had some interest in Siakam in the offseason. They supposedly have the longest drought of not making the playoffs for 15 years. We may be able to get the most value back from a team like this because they are so desperate.

I would love Haliburton back, but I doubt SAC even considers that for Siakam.

How about something like this as the framework:
Siakam + Flynn + Boucher for Richaun Holmes + Buddy Hield + Davion Mitchell + Picks

- Holmes I think is trade eligible after Jan 14, 2022. If we want to tank instead of win, we can ask for Bagley instead and SAC can add sweetener like another pick or something.
- Hield is really to match salary, but he can provide bench scoring/shooting that we desperately need. We'll probably end up re-routing him down the road.
- Mitchell fits our defensive identity, and would be a more reliable backup PG than Flynn.
- The picks are the most valuable assets coming back. If there are no picks coming back, I ain't doing the deal.
- If SAC is really willing to give up Haliburton instead, then we remove Mitchell and some picks.

We're trading one of the best PFs in the league. If the Kings aren't willing to deal Haliburton, then, there isn't a conversation to be had.

Dealing Siakam means we're building around Barnes. We have to get blue chipper in return to put beside him.
Raptors_128
Analyst

Post#409 » by Raptors_128 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:10 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:

1. Golden State

2. Sacramento

3. Philly/Minny

Big fan of a trade with the Kings if we get back Haliburton + pick(s).

I don’t think we’ll run into the same issues we have with OG/Siakam/Barnes if we trade for Ingram. The reason these guys don’t work is that if we play a big with them then the spacing is terrible and if we add a shooter beside them, we’re forced to go small as our best shooters are FVV & GTJ which hasn’t worked well for us. Siakam/Barnes are too similar offensively, there’s too much overlap.

Ingram is a 6-8 3-level scorer that shoots 40% from 3. We can easily slide a big man beside OG/Barnes/Ingram which gives us size and spacing.

Barnes/GTJ/Ingram/OG/Birch

Using Hayes/Flynn/Achiuwa we can trade for a better starting big.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,891

Post#410 » by ItsDanger » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:00 pm

Drafted #53 last draft, we had 2 chances to take him. That draft was a perfect time to purchase another 2nd.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,891

Post#411 » by ItsDanger » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:48 pm

Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#412 » by Rapsfan07 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:35 pm

Raptors_128 wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:

1. Golden State

2. Sacramento

3. Philly/Minny

I don’t think we’ll run into the same issues we have with OG/Siakam/Barnes if we trade for Ingram. The reason these guys don’t work is that if we play a big with them then the spacing is terrible and if we add a shooter beside them, we’re forced to go small as our best shooters are FVV & GTJ which hasn’t worked well for us. Siakam/Barnes are too similar offensively, there’s too much overlap.

Ingram is a 6-8 3-level scorer that shoots 40% from 3. We can easily slide a big man beside OG/Barnes/Ingram which gives us size and spacing.

Yeah but Ingram plays SF for the Pels. So if their moving him, it'll need to make them better, not worse. Since Ingram would be the best player in the deal, the only way to make it worth their while is give 2 of OG/FVV/Barnes/Siakam. Then talent-wise and salary wise, the deal just falls apart.
treerollins
Senior
And1: 290

Post#413 » by treerollins » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:18 pm

i posted it in the siakam thread but:
1) siakam and dragic for de'aaron fox and bagley
2) fvv for myles turner (+ maybe add another player, boucher? yuta? to get a backup guard back)
waiting for ai referees
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#414 » by Rapsfan07 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:33 pm

treerollins wrote:i posted it in the siakam thread but:
1) siakam and dragic for de'aaron fox and bagley
2) fvv for myles turner (+ maybe add another player, boucher? yuta? to get a backup guard back)

No Haliburton, no deal.
Raptors_128
Analyst

Post#415 » by Raptors_128 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:14 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
Raptors_128 wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:Been a big fan of Ingram from the day he was drafted. But acquiring him only further complicates the depth issue we currently have with OG/Barnes/Siakam.

1. Golden State

2. Sacramento

3. Philly/Minny

Yeah but Ingram plays SF for the Pels. So if their moving him, it'll need to make them better, not worse. Since Ingram would be the best player in the deal, the only way to make it worth their while is give 2 of OG/FVV/Barnes/Siakam. Then talent-wise and salary wise, the deal just falls apart.

Yeah the deal has to be FVV + Siakam for Ingram as the core of the trade.

Ingram is not a good defender and like 4/5 of their starters are poor defenders (Graham/Ingram/Zion/JV). Deal only makes sense if they want to add plus defenders in FVV/Siakam who have the ability to score 20+ a night to surround Zion.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,880

Post#416 » by agkagk » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:43 am

Rapsfan07 wrote:
Raptors_128 wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:Been a big fan of Ingram from the day he was drafted. But acquiring him only further complicates the depth issue we currently have with OG/Barnes/Siakam.

1. Golden State

2. Sacramento

3. Philly/Minny

How do Zion and pascal share the court together?
agkagk
Analyst

Post#417 » by agkagk » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:45 am

To anybody who posts we need to trade Fred for a “real point guard”……

I question your understanding of the game of basketball.
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#418 » by Rapsfan07 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:29 am

agkagk wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
Raptors_128 wrote:

How do Zion and pascal share the court together?

They can't. Another reason why the Pels are not good trading partners
Bruin
RealGM

Post#419 » by Bruin » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:41 am

agkagk wrote:To anybody who posts we need to trade Fred for a “real point guard”……

So you think Fred is a pure pg?
agkagk
Analyst

Post#420 » by agkagk » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:44 am

PrinceAli wrote:
agkagk wrote:To anybody who posts we need to trade Fred for a “real point guard”……

So you think Fred is a pure pg?

He’s an excellent leader and influence which are paramount to being a good floor general.

He may not have elite tools but to say he isn’t a real point guard is just ig’nant

Return to Toronto Raptors