Image ImageImage Image

Zach LaVine's impending Free Agency

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Re: Zach LaVine's impending Free Agency 

Post#261 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:10 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
jordanwilliams6 wrote:
sco wrote:Is a scenario where Zach gets bumped by Derozan from making an All-NBA team (and thus losing out on superMAX)?

If the season ended now that would be the case. The general consensus is that DDR is a top 5 MVP candidate at this point and Zach is an all star which is probably spot on if you’ve watched all of the Bulls games this season.

Great outcome for us. He doesn’t get All-NBA because his teammate did.

Yeah on paper that’s the case but that could be rough for Zach to swallow in the pocketbook. Having to look at that guy everyday. Goodbye to chemistry.
step
Lead Assistant
And1: 460

Post#262 » by step » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:27 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
jordanwilliams6 wrote:If the season ended now that would be the case. The general consensus is that DDR is a top 5 MVP candidate at this point and Zach is an all star which is probably spot on if you’ve watched all of the Bulls games this season.

Yeah on paper that’s the case but that could be rough for Zach to swallow in the pocketbook. Having to look at that guy everyday. Goodbye to chemistry.

As long as we still have to offer him the full max, there's nothing else we can do. And I don't think he'd be too butt-hurt about it.
For DD to get nominated to one of the teams, means the Bulls would be at/near the top of the East (I'd guess #2). I think he'd be happy about that (re Bulls).
Bulls2021
Pro Prospect
And1: 544

Post#263 » by Bulls2021 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:16 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
jordanwilliams6 wrote:If the season ended now that would be the case. The general consensus is that DDR is a top 5 MVP candidate at this point and Zach is an all star which is probably spot on if you’ve watched all of the Bulls games this season.

Lmao cmon. That would not ruin the chemistry. So what, he'd still be making over a hundred million. If DeMar beats Zach fair and square, there won't be any bad blood or loss of chemistry. Zach's a big boy, he'll be fine with his hundred million+
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,762

Post#264 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:17 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

But if we still sucked he still wouldn’t make All-NBA either. Between the winning, the max contract he will get and the endorsements that are gonna start rolling I can’t see Zach being anything but happy.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#265 » by bearadonisdna » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:38 am

Ay chihuahua what did I start ?
Lol jk

But does any team want to pay any player the full max?
Usually only when prying him from another team .

Full max can be crippling cap wise hopefully we can get for a little under retail value.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#266 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:35 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

But if we still sucked he still wouldn’t make All-NBA either. Between the winning, the max contract he will get and the endorsements that are gonna start rolling I can’t see Zach being anything but happy.

Mostly sure but if I lost millions, I would surely have emotions about it. That’s just me though can’t speak for Zach. I’ve lost a year in sales to another guy and respected him, but it still hurt lol.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,704

Post#267 » by BullChit » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:31 am

bearadonisdna wrote:Ay chihuahua what did I start ?
Lol jk

Full max can be crippling cap wise hopefully we can get for a little under retail value.

LOL you knew what you were doing hahaha
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,017

Post#268 » by FriedRise » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:38 am

Read on Twitter
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#269 » by bearadonisdna » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:12 am

FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

So max is 210m for 5 years.
Yikes.
His super max is 230m so I’m not seeing a rift because the difference isn’t a generational loss.

Everybody knows we gotta resign him , after this article I’m not blinking at 35m per year .
40m per year man you gotta be winning championships or 1st team all nba etc.

Whatever happens this roster is built pretty sturdy for the long term and short term , that’s with Zach being a pillar of the roster. Hopefully all goes well .
The Explorer
RealGM
And1: 2,846

Post#270 » by The Explorer » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:19 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:
FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yikes.
His super max is 230m so I’m not seeing a rift because the difference isn’t a generational loss.

Everybody knows we gotta resign him , after this article I’m not blinking at 35m per year .

Whatever happens this roster is built pretty sturdy for the long term and short term , that’s with Zach being a pillar of the roster. Hopefully all goes well .

If the Bulls make even a small playoff run (2nd round exit), they will be an attractive place for key players to take pay cuts to play with the big 3. Plus Donovan seems really well liked around the league. I don't see Lavine's salary being an impediment in the long run, especially given how he's still not a finished product. Defense is improving, efficiency is usually top-notch.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#271 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:37 pm

Lol jk

He isn’t taking a discount and Bulls would be fools to even resquest. He is arguably the best SG in the league right now. After a slow start is he averaging 26 ppg 49/40/88 splits. And his defense isn’t a liability any more.

Talking about the Bulls not paying Zach the max is basically **** posting.The thresholds for a max has been set long ago and he far exceeds it. The major was not winning and that is happening now. He is not giving a discount and there is no reason he should. He talked about wanted respected. No offering him a max right away would be a major disrespect. We are all in Zach though so just stop…

Did the Knicks make a mistake paying Randle? He looks much worse this. Shooting 41 percent for a PF is awful. Are they gonna pay Barrett. He looks like a role player at best.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#272 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:39 pm

The Explorer wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:
FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yikes.

If the Bulls make even a small playoff run (2nd round exit), they will be an attractive place for key players to take pay cuts to play with the big 3. Plus Donovan seems really well liked around the league. I don't see Lavine's salary being an impediment in the long run, especially given how he's still not a finished product. Defense is improving, efficiency is usually top-notch.

His efficiency is back to top notch. 49/40/88 split. That is just slightly below last season’s split.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#273 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:00 pm

FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good article. Zach handles the media well. His thoughts are spot on he seems self aware. That is huge and the chip that is on his shoulder is carried by this current team. AC, DDR, Ball they have that same chip. Chicago is a good place to have it too, they fit well.

What’s nice is with all this evolution the Bulls are must watch TV now. It’s very cool.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,843

Post#274 » by meekrab » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:44 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:Everybody knows we gotta resign him , after this article I’m not blinking at 35m per year .

Half the teams in the league have at least one contract larger than 40m/year, and it's just going to become more common as the cap keeps going up. It's Tobias Harris, Khris Middleton, Damian Lillard money. If you don't think Zach is worth the same money those guys are, are you not watching the games or something? Setting the bar at winning a championship in order to be worth a max contract is silly. There's only one championship every year.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#275 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:10 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good article. Zach handles the media well. His thoughts are spot on he seems self aware. That is huge and the chip that is on his shoulder is carried by this current team. AC, DDR, Ball they have that same chip. Chicago is a good place to have it too, they fit well.

What’s nice is with all this evolution the Bulls are must watch TV now. It’s very cool.

Bulls are by far my favorite must watch TV this season so far. Off topic, but what’s What weird and kinda sad is I’m not really enjoying my alma mater UGA’s historically great football season so far like I should be. Mostly because it’s championship or bust. Anything but winning it all will be considered a massive disappointment. It’s much more enjoyable watching the Bulls start something special without any overwhelming expectations.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,373

Post#276 » by DuckIII » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:20 pm

Lol jk

It’s not crippling when the player is worth it. And Zach is worth it and won’t sign for a single penny less than the max.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 2,999

Post#277 » by jordanwilliams6 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:36 pm

Zach’s a very easy and likeable guy to root for and I’m so glad he’s on my team. He deserves the max.

I’m much more comfortable giving him it as we all know he isn’t done developing as a player. He has a mindset that will never allow him to stagnate as a player over the next few years.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#278 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:14 pm

jordanwilliams6 wrote:Zach’s a very easy and likeable guy to root for and I’m so glad he’s on my team. He deserves the max.

I’m much more comfortable giving him it as we all know he isn’t done developing as a player. He has a mindset that will never allow him to stagnate as a player over the next few years.

He deserves the max. He has been underpaid and a great value contract for the past couple years. Man deserves his money and it does not help our cap space if he takes a couple million less.

bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#279 » by bad knees » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:21 pm

We will offer him the max, he will take it and he will be worth it. How hard is this to understand? I really don't get why this thread continues to be renewed.
The Evidence
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,620

Post#280 » by The Evidence » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:28 pm

bad knees wrote:We will offer him the max, he will take it and he will be worth it. How hard is this to understand? I really don't get why this thread continues to be renewed.

Its no secret that various fan brigades have been rooting for Zach to fail.

Nothing would tickle them more to see him leave as a sort of revenge.

Return to Chicago Bulls