2021-22 Dynasty Season

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,371

Re: 2021-22 Dynasty Season 

Post#381 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:17 pm

sunskerr wrote:Surprised Steven Adams made it that far down waivers with the start he's had to the year. I almost got him with the 16th. So far my roster depth looks atrocious.

Yeah, kind of me too. It wasn't who I was originally going for, and I had drafted him last year, but he's still fairly solid. He doesn't do one thing great though. I drafted him last year because I desperatedly needed blocks, but he doesn't get too many.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,638

Post#382 » by Qwigglez » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:42 pm

I was considering Adams but I'm already heavy at Center with Bamba, Poetl, Mobley (and AD). Annoyed that Bamba and Mobley both play with WCJ and Jarrett Allen yet all 4 of them play center but they all start..? They should be listed as PF/C for Yahoo.

Pretty surprised with my start so far, having a huge lead to 2nd place, however I have the most games played so far. Was mostly worried about assists and 3's going into the season and almost didn't draft Mobley since I already had Bamba Poetl and AD, glad I didn't take Suggs.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,166

Post#383 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:17 am

Qwigglez wrote:I was considering Adams but I'm already heavy at Center with Bamba, Poetl, Mobley (and AD). Annoyed that Bamba and Mobley both play with WCJ and Jarrett Allen yet all 4 of them play center but they all start..? They should be listed as PF/C for Yahoo.

Pretty surprised with my start so far, having a huge lead to 2nd place, however I have the most games played so far. Was mostly worried about assists and 3's going into the season and almost didn't draft Mobley since I already had Bamba Poetl and AD, glad I didn't take Suggs.

I considered Suggs with my pick, but I felt like he'd be more deferential his first season than a guy like Green. He feels more like a shines in his role guy than a "This is my team" guy. Which isn't bad, and I think he'll be a very good player long-term, but I didn't think he'd be Rookie of the Year.

I was hella tempted by Mobley, too, but I had WCJr and Wiseman already, and I needed a bucket getter real bad. Mobley's looked pretty damn good so far.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,343

Post#384 » by sunskerr » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:10 am

I had Mobley #2 but what he is doing right now is way beyond what I expected. Considering I never had a shot at getting Mobley though, I'm very happy with Sengun. His time will come later but every time he steps on court I feel like I've struck gold (with KPJ and Sengun on my team I've been watching a lot of the Rockets lol). Trading Brown will suck this year probably but considering Kyrie is out indefinitely, waiting on Sengun isn't such a big deal.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#385 » by bwgood77 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:32 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:I was considering Adams but I'm already heavy at Center with Bamba, Poetl, Mobley (and AD). Annoyed that Bamba and Mobley both play with WCJ and Jarrett Allen yet all 4 of them play center but they all start..? They should be listed as PF/C for Yahoo.

I considered Suggs with my pick, but I felt like he'd be more deferential his first season than a guy like Green. He feels more like a shines in his role guy than a "This is my team" guy. Which isn't bad, and I think he'll be a very good player long-term, but I didn't think he'd be Rookie of the Year.

I was hella tempted by Mobley, too, but I had WCJr and Wiseman already, and I needed a bucket getter real bad. Mobley's looked pretty damn good so far.

Damn I would have been tempted to take Jalen Green #1.
MrMiyagi

Post#386 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:42 am

bwgood77 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:

Damn I would have been tempted to take Jalen Green #1.

I mean, I drafted him and am very happy with my selection, but I had to do my due diligence.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#387 » by sunskerr » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:32 am

I got **** last year for hyping Desmond Bane. Just saying I called it. Would've drafted him too but he went 1 pick ahead of me. That's Adams and Bane sniped from me by bwgood lol.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#388 » by bwgood77 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:02 am

sunskerr wrote:I got **** last year for hyping Desmond Bane. Just saying I called it. Would've drafted him too but he went 1 pick ahead of me. That's Adams and Bane sniped from me by bwgood lol.

I loved Bane in the draft and even said I'd be ok if the Suns took him at #10. With Brooks out I especially loved him right now. I remember in round 5 I was hoping he'd drop to me and I thought there was little chance and then I realized I took him in round 4. That's what I get for doing 3 drafts at once.

I can't believe I took Malik Beasley before him. In hindsight, that was a bad pick.

I had Adams last year and didn't protect him.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Post#389 » by bigfoot » Sun Nov 7, 2021 2:57 pm

Jeez ... I tried to pick guys who had decent free throw shooting other than Plumlee. Durant, MPJ, and Olynyk are not helping me in dynasty.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#390 » by sunskerr » Mon Nov 8, 2021 10:58 am

Looks like this season is a completely lost cause. Fielding offers for any player really, but in particular

Reggie Jackson
Bruce Brown
Mitchell Robinson
Daniel Gafford
Caldwell-Pope

are all available. Would prefer to get a player back who fits my team's timeline. Preferably a wing (SF eligible). Not asking for a major piece obviously but someone I could reasonably keep.

DeAaron Fox + Mitchell Robinson + any role players for a major young player also is possible.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#391 » by sunskerr » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:37 am

Gafford available for a 3rd rounder. Attach a scrub of your choice.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#392 » by TASTIC » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:09 pm

I hope whoever had my team from last season kept Maxey and THT...Pair them with Tobias, DeRozan, Sabonis, Rozier and Butler and you'd be sitting pretty solid. Dinwiddie too I guess
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#393 » by wheezy » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:06 am

TASTIC wrote:I hope whoever had my team from last season kept Maxey and THT...Pair them with Tobias, DeRozan, Sabonis, Rozier and Butler and you'd be sitting pretty solid. Dinwiddie too I guess

Derozan has been playing out of his mind. Maxey has been great too.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#394 » by sunskerr » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:47 am

TASTIC wrote:I hope whoever had my team from last season kept Maxey and THT...Pair them with Tobias, DeRozan, Sabonis, Rozier and Butler and you'd be sitting pretty solid. Dinwiddie too I guess

We had two of the new owners split up yours and Mathias's teams in an auction draft. But one of the new owners still ended up with Sabonis and DeRozan and some VERY nice role players, and then on top of that drafted Scottie Barnes, and is sitting very nicely in 6th.

The league is extremely brutal this year with so many teams having lots of good players playing up to their potential. Bigfoot of course though is #1 as we all predicted. But that can change pretty easily because the top teams behind him are just like, 1 decent player away.

Dynasty rankings as of 11/19/21

We're about an eighth of the way through the season. It would be interesting to see some of our owners thoughts on their teams or other teams so far.

As for my team, sad to see such a fall off after winning last year. I thought there was a chance to be a top 4 team even without Kyrie but every top team is just way too good. Even the middle pack teams are crazy. But to make the most of this year it will be key to finish in that bottom 4. Going from a championship to a top pick would really bode well for the long term, and hopefully it's a top 2 pick. Best case scenario is to finish 4th (4th is the best team in the 1st lottery tier) and get a top 2 pick in the lottery, and get back to contending with Kyrie next year.
MrMiyagi

Post#395 » by MrMiyagi » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:57 pm

I'm pretty pleased with my team, despite being bottom of the barrel. Hitting on big Maxey and Cole Anthony has really shored up my guard spots. I'm hoping that Zion and Wiseman can shore up my bigs along with WCJr when they return. I wish Atlanta would make a move.
bigfoot

Post#396 » by bigfoot » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:39 am

Worried my team is going off the rails. Curry and Durant are out tonight and Olynyk and MPJ are out long-term. Gonna need some other players to step up big time.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#397 » by bwgood77 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:46 am

bigfoot wrote:Worried my team is going off the rails. Curry and Durant are out tonight and Olynyk and MPJ are out long-term. Gonna need some other players to step up big time.

I figured KD and Curry were just resting. Their teams barely pulled out their games too.
bigfoot

Post#398 » by bigfoot » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:57 pm

If there is any interest in Michael Porter Jr send me a PM.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#399 » by bwgood77 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:29 pm

bigfoot wrote:If there is any interest in Michael Porter Jr send me a PM.

We almost need an injury keeper slot these days.
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#400 » by wheezy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:20 am

bwgood77 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:If there is any interest in Michael Porter Jr send me a PM.

We almost need an injury keeper slot these days.

Or 3!

Return to Phoenix Suns