ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets v. Cavs | 11.17.2021 @ 7:30 PM on YES

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Re: Nets v. Cavs | 11.17.2021 @ 7:30 PM on YES 

Post#61 » by NetsWorld » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:48 pm

The media is really pushing the McFlurry narrative right now; they really love their boy, good, fine. Fact is, in the playoffs you need clutch players and closers, KD is that, Curry is not and hence yes he got his one ring without him, but he learned the hard way they weren't winning another won unless they got KD. McFlurry will buckle when it counts and Warriors will choke. Something inside of me really feels we will finally get a ring and I think they are taking this season more serious than last year. They got cozy last year, but rest assured, they will fire on all cylinders and hopefully get the Nets their first ship.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#62 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:00 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Thanks for talking me off of the ledge fellas, I know I can always count on yall to be reasonable when I start panicking

Nash is not very good as a coach though.

Yeah I mean Nash is still a problem and so is Miami... even with Kyrie back for the playoffs if that happens. Nash got outcoached by Buddenhozer. He aint getting by Spoelstra in a 7 game series with no Kyrie and it would be a coinflip with Kyrie. Nash is a big problem.

but regular season we are good. most playoff matchups we are good. Last year we were 9-7 after 16 games with losses to the cavs/thunder/wizards (all teams we beat this year, who are much better this year). we are 11-5 no, tied for first, and can gain sole possesion tonight. We could easily be 15-5 after 20 games. which would be the best NBA start in the teams history and tied with the franchise best (15-5 start in the ABA with Dr. J).
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,855

Post#63 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:04 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Thanks for talking me off of the ledge fellas, I know I can always count on yall to be reasonable when I start panicking

Yeah I mean Nash is still a problem and so is Miami... even with Kyrie back for the playoffs if that happens. Nash got outcoached by Buddenhozer. He aint getting by Spoelstra in a 7 game series with no Kyrie and it would be a coinflip with Kyrie. Nash is a big problem.

but regular season we are good. most playoff matchups we are good. Last year we were 9-7 after 16 games with losses to the cavs/thunder/wizards (all teams we beat this year, who are much better this year). we are 11-5 no, tied for first, and can gain sole possesion tonight. We could easily be 15-5 after 20 games. which would be the best NBA start in the teams history and tied with the franchise best (15-5 start in the ABA with Dr. J).

I think there are two things that can overcome Nash's ineptitude:

-Kyrie returns, and the team operates how it was supposed to. Big 3 overwhelms opponents offensively with the dogs shutting down the opponents defensively.

or

-Harden works his way back to MVP Harden form from last season + Marks makes an additional move to add another shooter off the bench.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#64 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:21 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

-Kyrie returns, and the team operates how it was supposed to. Big 3 overwhelms opponents offensively with the dogs shutting down the opponents defensively.

or

-Harden works his way back to MVP Harden form from last season + Marks makes an additional move to add another shooter off the bench.

Plan B helps. but a shooter off the bench wont move the needle in the playoffs. care in point, we didnt even play shamet vs the bucks in a series we were decimated by injury. i doubt bench shooter is seeing much time. and Spo is gonna outcoach nash in 7 games, probably with home court.

i think its avoid miami somehow, or get kyrie back, or (unlikely) trade kyrie for another top 12 guy
NetsWorld
Starter

Post#65 » by NetsWorld » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:17 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

or

Plan B helps. but a shooter off the bench wont move the needle in the playoffs. care in point, we didnt even play shamet vs the bucks in a series we were decimated by injury. i doubt bench shooter is seeing much time. and Spo is gonna outcoach nash in 7 games, probably with home court.

i think its avoid miami somehow, or get kyrie back, or (unlikely) trade kyrie for another top 12 guy

Miami is not beating the Nets with the big three, and I still think Harden/KD overcome Miami. KD is the best player in basketball; I am sure with a healthy Harden/KD, they can beat any team in the East. with Kyrie in the mix, it would disastrous for all of the opposition, including Golden State. Stephen Chokeurry would get schooled and exposed by Irving.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#66 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:21 pm

KD35Netted wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

or

Miami is not beating the Nets with the big three, and I still think Harden/KD overcome Miami. KD is the best player in basketball; I am sure with a healthy Harden/KD, they can beat any team in the East. with Kyrie in the mix, it would disastrous for all of the opposition, including Golden State. Stephen Chokeurry would get schooled and exposed by Irving.

At a certain point being the best player doesnt matter. Lebron lost as the best player before. KD lost as the best player before. Duncan, Shaq, etc....

Miami is built to compete with us and has a massive massive coaching advantage. Look what kerr just did to KD by running a high school defense. Im not saying we CANT beat them without Kyrie, but they would be more likely to win. With Kyrie we could beat them, maybe be favorites, but we could easily lose with the coaching difference.
NetsWorld
Starter

Post#67 » by NetsWorld » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:31 pm

Prokorov wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

At a certain point being the best player doesnt matter. Lebron lost as the best player before. KD lost as the best player before. Duncan, Shaq, etc....

Miami is built to compete with us and has a massive massive coaching advantage. Look what kerr just did to KD by running a high school defense. Im not saying we CANT beat them without Kyrie, but they would be more likely to win. With Kyrie we could beat them, maybe be favorites, but we could easily lose with the coaching difference.

11-5 to start the season with injuries and Irving plaguing us and no where near our peak with an awful coach, we are most certainly a scary team with no injuries plaguing us and with Irving actually playing. Marks won't stand pat with anyone or thing that will hinder us from winning a title. He will make the necessary moves/adjustments to make sure the Nets have an optimal chance. He knows this year is their window; I can't see us having another chance in the "big three" era which seldom played together and an era with no identity or solid coaching. I think we retool this team next year.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#68 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:34 pm

KD35Netted wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:

11-5 to start the season with injuries and Irving plaguing us and no where near our peak with an awful coach, we are most certainly a scary team with no injuries plaguing us and with Irving actually playing. Marks won't stand pat with anyone or thing that will hinder us from winning a title. He will make the necessary moves/adjustments to make sure the Nets have an optimal chance. He knows this year is their window; I can't see us having another chance in the "big three" era which seldom played together and an era with no identity or solid coaching. I think we retool this team next year.

The nets will be there... Miami in my opinion is the clear favorite, especially in the east.

forget trades, firing nash would have a much bigger positive impact then any trade we coudl make
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#69 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:16 pm

Prokorov wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

The nets will be there... Miami in my opinion is the clear favorite, especially in the east.

forget trades, firing nash would have a much bigger positive impact then any trade we coudl make

I don't know why you love Miami so much.

Miami may be better in the regular season. And they are certainly better coached.

But would I take them over us in a playoff series? Hell no.

Playoffs come down to talent. Depth matters less cause rotations shorten.

We will have BY FAR the best two players in the series. And its not like Miami is a tough place to play either.

I'm not at all worried about Miami. I still think the only team which could beat us in the healthy Lakers.

Curry becomes less effective in the playoffs as we have seen year after year.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#70 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:56 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:

Miami may be better in the regular season. And they are certainly better coached.

We will have BY FAR the best two players in the series. And its not like Miami is a tough place to play either.

I'm not at all worried about Miami. I still think the only team which could beat us in the healthy Lakers.

They have talent. Butler/Lowry/Bam are 3 top 25 players and all 3 of them are 2-way allstars. Adding tucker, Herro, robinson adds even more punch. They can match up defensively in that ll 5 guys can switch on to anyone and hold their own and they have rim protectors and guards who can press and trap.

Lets not forget they took lebron/AD to 6 game sin the finals without BAM.

anyone sleeping on miami is going to be eating crow. again, we can beat them, but without Kyrie we are underdogs and they are built for homecourt which doesnt help
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#71 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:01 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

They have talent. Butler/Lowry/Bam are 3 top 25 players and all 3 of them are 2-way allstars. Adding tucker, Herro, robinson adds even more punch. They can match up defensively in that ll 5 guys can switch on to anyone and hold their own and they have rim protectors and guards who can press and trap.

anyone sleeping on miami is going to be eating crow. again, we can beat them, but without Kyrie we are underdogs and they are built for homecourt which doesnt help

Lowry has not been a top 25 player for years. And hes off to a poor start to this season.

Bam is very good but not great. And as good as Butler is hes certainly not in the same class as Harden, KD or even Kyrie.

What happened last year? Embarrassed by Milwaukee. I don't think Lowry or Tucker make up the difference.

Almost every Championship team in NBA history has needed a top 5 player. Last one I can remember without one was the Spurs in '14. Miami will be no exception.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#72 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:39 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Lowry has not been a top 25 player for years. And hes off to a poor start to this season.

Bam is very good but not great. And as good as Butler is hes certainly not in the same class as Harden, KD or even Kyrie.

What happened last year? Embarrassed by Milwaukee. I don't think Lowry or Tucker make up the difference.

Almost every Championship team in NBA history has needed a top 5 player. Last one I can remember without one was the Spurs in '14. Miami will be no exception.

Bam is top 3 DPOTY candidate and a good offensive player.
Butler is top 12. same range as Kyrie, and led worse teams to the finals.

"what happened last year" - they were decimated by covid/injuries and had no PG.

Lowry is fantasrtic and easily top 25. elite defensively and offensively an all-star type
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#73 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:33 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

"what happened last year" - they were decimated by covid/injuries and had no PG.

Lowry is fantasrtic and easily top 25. elite defensively and offensively an all-star type

Offensive all star? Look at Lowry's numbers this year. They are not close to all star level. No shot he makes the team.

Youre nuts if you think Butler could ever average 50/40/90 on nearly 30 points a game. Or even come close to that.

Miami had a fluke bubble run. But no way do they beat the Nets or Bucks in a 7 game series.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#74 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:29 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Offensive all star? Look at Lowry's numbers this year. They are not close to all star level. No shot he makes the team.

Youre nuts if you think Butler could ever average 50/40/90 on nearly 30 points a game. Or even come close to that.

Miami had a fluke bubble run. But no way do they beat the Nets or Bucks in a 7 game series.

I respectfully disagree, HB. You're right that Lowry has not shot well, neither has Robinson. IMO that makes the Heat even scarier, because they are dominating despite the horrid shooting of 2 starters. Those guys are gonna bounce back to their normal shooting splits, and when they do, they'll be a problem.

Even WITH that bad shooting though, Kyle is still a big positive offensively this season, according to deep statistics. He gets them into their sets quickly, passes efficiently, and they just flat out play well offensively when he's on the court.

Even at our mythical, hypothetical full strength, with a healthy and vaccinated Big Three, this Miami squad would give us fits. There is a nonzero possibility of them beating us, especially if we don't get HWSNBN back in the fold.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#75 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:35 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I respectfully disagree, HB. You're right that Lowry has not shot well, neither has Robinson. IMO that makes the Heat even scarier, because they are dominating despite the horrid shooting of 2 starters. Those guys are gonna bounce back to their normal shooting splits, and when they do, they'll be a problem.

Even WITH that bad shooting though, Kyle is still a big positive offensively this season, according to deep statistics. He gets them into their sets quickly, passes efficiently, and they just flat out play well offensively when he's on the court.

Even at our mythical, hypothetical full strength, with a healthy and vaccinated Big Three, this Miami squad would give us fits. There is a nonzero possibility of them beating us, especially if we don't get HWSNBN back in the fold.

Dominating in the regular season to me is not indicative of playoff success. Not to mention it is far too early to say they are dominant.

The Sixers were an incredible regular season team last year too.

Kyle is a good playoff guy. Not denying that. But hes not enough to take them over the top.

This league still relies on Superstars. I don't see how this Miami team lead by Lowry and Butler could beat a healthy Nets or Bucks.

With Kyrie back we would sweep them. Easily.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#76 » by Prokorov » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:47 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Dominating in the regular season to me is not indicative of playoff success. Not to mention it is far too early to say they are dominant.

The Sixers were an incredible regular season team last year too.

Kyle is a good playoff guy. Not denying that. But hes not enough to take them over the top.

This league still relies on Superstars. I don't see how this Miami team lead by Lowry and Butler could beat a healthy Nets or Bucks.

With Kyrie back we would sweep them. Easily.

I think they would sweep miami, in embarassing fashion, like the did the last time they were healthy in the playoffs

Return to Brooklyn Nets