ImageImageImage

Victory Cigar!!! BOS 130, LAL 108 (8-8)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who smokes it tonight?

Tatum
71%
Dennis
3%
Smart
21%
Horford
1%
Grant
No votes
Richardson
No votes
Romeo
No votes
Kanter
No votes
Other (team)
4%

Total votes: 76

TH15
Freshman
And1: 95

Re: Victory Cigar!!! BOS 130, LAL 108 (8-8) 

Post#41 » by TH15 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:33 am

The play in the 4th when Tatum passed out of the double in the corner, the ball flew around the 3 pt line and as soon as Marcus touched it he was already making his move to the basket, launches himself at the rim drawing three defenders and dishes to a wide open Tatum for 3…. That felt like a potentially season-shifting moment in terms of building trust and moving past the early season drama. Love to see it!

Hoping JB can integrate himself back into the O and D without disrupting any of the rhythm and chemistry we’ve got going. Can’t wait to see this team at full strength and humming.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,797

Post#42 » by Larry_Russell » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:34 am

The Comedian wrote:Single game +/- doesn’t mean anything really, but J Rich being +27 just feels right.

He’s been really good for us, brilliant defensively.

He should be starting instead of the 2 big lineup once Brown is back, imo.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,391

Post#43 » by Triple7 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:34 am

Shak_Celts wrote:this is nba 2021, as good as we will end up on d (i rushed it sorry ime), you aren't going to win every game with d. we have to keep the same energy every night and we can beat ANYBODY!

Exactly! Players these days, can really score on the best defenses out there. Need to have a potent offense to win.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,797

Post#44 » by Larry_Russell » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:34 am

ball movement in the game was so much better that all the season thus far.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,214

Post#45 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:35 am

Defense is more system and coach. Offense really is dictated by how well your top guys play and I just don't mean scoring.
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,442

Post#46 » by Saint Lazarus » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:36 am

The Comedian wrote:This offense should be good enough when Jaylen eventually returns, Rob too obviously. Think we can be a top 5 defense, and a top 10-12 offense if we are relatively healthy. Top 10 Tatum coming for them asses, get ready.

Now smoke the thunder tomorrow.

Top 10?

dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#47 » by Feed Your Head » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:37 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Been saying that the past 3 seasons. Ime gets it after all. Up to JT to do this more consistently. We're a different team when he makes quick reads.

You can see him fighting himself to break the habit too, his possessions of 2-7+ seconds are down 8% from last year, 7+ seconds is down 6% alone.

It’s just frustrating when you see the results of it, then he reverts back to taking longer some games. But the fact that he’s done it so much less this season is a damn good sign, IMO.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,056

Post#48 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:40 am

I really enjoyed this lol

Schroder clowned Westbrick all game long lmao

Anthony Davis started out so hot and just fizzled out like a little fire cracker as the game went the other way. It's a shame LeBron got him that ring in the bubble because this guy is a wuss and didn't deserve any rings.

Tatum was an animal. Love it.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#49 » by Feed Your Head » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:41 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:I really enjoyed this lol

Anthony Davis started out so hot and just fizzled out like a little fire cracker as the game went the other way. It's a shame LeBron got him that ring in the bubble because this guy is a wuss and didn't deserve any rings.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,429

Post#50 » by playa-hater » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:42 am

Don't celebrate to soon, after OKC and Houston the next 10-15 games get brutal..
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#51 » by return2glory » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:43 am

I really liked how Smart drove to the basket on a lot of occasions and also liked that he only took two 3s the whole game.

His best game of the season. He did it all.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,961

Post#52 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:43 am

playa-hater wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:
The Comedian wrote:Single game +/- doesn’t mean anything really, but J Rich being +27 just feels right.

He’s been really good for us, brilliant defensively.

this is why other guys aren't getting minutes! it's not all about their poor shooting. jrich is doing things on both ends even though his stats may not stand out every game.

I get what you are saying.. and yes he has played well. But coach giving him extreme confidence while Not giving any to others is huge to producing better.

you can't let people gain confidence if there aren't minutes to go around. we all knew some guys were going to get squeezed this season. even if they weren't shooting poorly and could defend, at most they would be looking at 10 minutes here and there and that might be a reach. we have a lot of guys playing well who play the positions nee and pritch play. yes, they have bad games but even when we lose, those guys have been good/solid for us. who are you playing them instead of smart, schroo, romeo, or jrich?

I would LOVE nee and pritch to get minutes, but someone has to suffer. if the young guys were playing well at any point and the guys ahead were as bad as they have been, I'd be mad at ime if he still kept the young guys on the bench. I can't imagine what schroo is doing to pritch in practice. nesmith is lost on offense which we could forgive if he was hitting shots (like we did last season).
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,056

Post#53 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:44 am

The Comedian wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Lololol

The funny thing is Westbrick took 100 shots and obliterated the rim every time. Hits one corner three and thinks be can mouth off lmao the guy is a legendary scrub.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Post#54 » by Ill News » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:45 am

Hey everyone, I'm back! Hard to believe, but this is only the 4th game of the Celtics I've watched this season, and boy what a game to catch (the others I've watched have been losses lol) :D

It seems like our defense has really been our calling card this season, and if so, I've missed out since I love watching defensive-minded teams (the Ubuntu Celtics still pop up in my dreams every now and then). Or are the Lakers just that bad?

Tatum was fantastic tonight, definitely deserves the VC. But if I really had to choose, I'd pick the team because of the way they bounced back after the Lakers seemed to dominate the 1st quarter. It was all downhill for the Fakers from there thanks to our stellar defense.

I don't really have a feel for this year's team, but if tonight is any indication, they seem to be trending up (my boy Jaylen didn't even play). Fingers crossed that they go on a run now. Go C's, and thanks for beating LA!
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,886

Post#55 » by SuperDeluxe » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:47 am

playa-hater wrote:Don't celebrate to soon, after OKC and Houston the next 10-15 games get brutal..

It is something to celebrate because it's the freaking Lakers with freaking LeBron. The season will continue being a rollercoaster until the players get comfortable with the new system and their new roles. We'll be firing on all cylinders around the All Star break.

Enjoy the process.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,214

Post#56 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:50 am

18-rebound, 14-FTA, and 20-points-in-the-paint advantage for Cs against the bigger Lakers. When Cs shift the defense with the pass and drives, relative youth becomes an advantage.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,391

Post#57 » by Triple7 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:50 am

I’m glad Lebron played. Get to see him complain non stop to the refs haha. What a diva!
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,961

Post#58 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:50 am

The Comedian wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#59 » by GoGreen » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:52 am

Best game of the year. Fantastic!

Look what happens when you stop the chucking and get in the PAINT. More of this!

Smart, Schro, and esp Tatum! Outstanding!
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,429

Post#60 » by playa-hater » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:52 am

Shak_Celts wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:
this is why other guys aren't getting minutes! it's not all about their poor shooting. jrich is doing things on both ends even though his stats may not stand out every game.

I get what you are saying.. and yes he has played well. But coach giving him extreme confidence while Not giving any to others is huge to producing better.

you can't let people gain confidence if there aren't minutes to go around. we all knew some guys were going to get squeezed this season. even if they weren't shooting poorly and could defend, at most they would be looking at 10 minutes here and there and that might be a reach. we have a lot of guys playing well who play the positions nee and pritch play. yes, they have bad games but even when we lose, those guys have been good/solid for us. who are you playing them instead of smart, schroo, romeo, or jrich?

I would LOVE nee and pritch to get minutes, but someone has to suffer. if the young guys were playing well at any point and the guys ahead were as bad as they have been, I'd be mad at ime if he still kept the young guys on the bench. I can't imagine what schroo is doing to pritch in practice. nesmith is lost on offense which we could forgive if he was hitting shots (like we did last season).

But just like last season.. Nesmith early on, played very inconsistently and shot poorly.. when he did get minutes, he shot well. Maybe in this game shooting didn't matter much.. LAL was horrid on defense, especially in the paint.. But when Boston does play tougher teams, the lack of shooting will stand out far more..

Not investing in Nesmith now, may still come back to haunt us down the Road.. especially with other teams trapping the shet out of Tatum..

Look at the schedule in Dec.. If these current players (Smart-Schro-J Rich) play-shoot-win well, then I won't/can't say anything.. But winning BIG in this Era without steady shooting is near impossible IMO..
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS

Return to Boston Celtics