Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Around the NBA: 2021-22 Season Thread 

Post#161 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:13 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:As I've been saying. Offense setting up D.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

It's no coincidence that our D picked with Harden improving. We were able to set our D after easy buckets.

We facing huge issue right now though. With Kyrie eating 30m in cap space and Din being out, we have no depth to speak about. Our vets will not sustain this level of productivity throughout the season. Furthermore we will burn them out with risk of injuries to our roster. Marks better step up here, we need help.

I disagree. i think we are actually super deep. most teams dont have 3 reliable bench guys let alone 5. and most teams dont have 1 top 10 player let alone 2 and cant stagger stars to play with the bench.

Our bench is in the top of the league in nearly every category but rebounding, which is a team issue not a bench issue.

take a look around the league... not many teams can roll out a Mills/Bembry/Milsap/Aldridge type lineup. then we have even more depth to supplement age with Carter/Cam/Johnson/Claxton.

Kyrie puts us in god mode, because we can have TWO stars on the floor at all times. but we dont become some depthless team without him.

we are #1 in the east with a top 3 bench in the east top 6 bench in the NBA

We are not #1 in the East. Miami is.

Also, I don't get where we are super deep right now when if we rest both KD and Harden the bench consistently gets whipped

At the time of the post we were #1. now we are 0.5 games back. if we win tommorow, we are up 0.5 games on miaim. you are splitting hairs.

I posted the bench numbers in multiple threads. top 5-10 in everything and top 5 in +/-

we have a ton of depth. most teams cant even go past 8 guys. we go 10 or 11. most teams cant run out an all bench unit. we can. most teams benches actually get destroyed (like -8 on average or worse) we are a +3
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#162 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:53 pm

It is utterly hillarious that philly wants Harden for simmons.

id need simmons,embiid and multiple picks to make that move, and then some third team would need to take simmons trash arse.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,559

Post#163 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:38 pm

I cackled when I saw that Philly wanted Harden.

Morey needs to lay off the cocaine
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,819

Post#164 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:52 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
I disagree. i think we are actually super deep. most teams dont have 3 reliable bench guys let alone 5. and most teams dont have 1 top 10 player let alone 2 and cant stagger stars to play with the bench.

Our bench is in the top of the league in nearly every category but rebounding, which is a team issue not a bench issue.

take a look around the league... not many teams can roll out a Mills/Bembry/Milsap/Aldridge type lineup. then we have even more depth to supplement age with Carter/Cam/Johnson/Claxton.

Kyrie puts us in god mode, because we can have TWO stars on the floor at all times. but we dont become some depthless team without him.

we are #1 in the east with a top 3 bench in the east top 6 bench in the NBA

We are not #1 in the East. Miami is.

Also, I don't get where we are super deep right now when if we rest both KD and Harden the bench consistently gets whipped

At the time of the post we were #1. now we are 0.5 games back. if we win tommorow, we are up 0.5 games on miaim. you are splitting hairs.

I posted the bench numbers in multiple threads. top 5-10 in everything and top 5 in +/-

we have a ton of depth. most teams cant even go past 8 guys. we go 10 or 11. most teams cant run out an all bench unit. we can. most teams benches actually get destroyed (like -8 on average or worse) we are a +3

This regular season standing doesn’t mean **** , watch the games , we suck , and winning games based just on pure KD talent, you driving yourself into huge second round exit disappointment
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#165 » by GTR11 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:34 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Huge issue here.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

There's no lotto teams in playoffs
GTR11
RealGM

Post#166 » by GTR11 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:41 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Yeah Kyrie ain't coming back anytime soon. I'm not holding my breath here.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#167 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:41 pm

Of course rittenhouse got off.

this country is a shlthole. period.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#168 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:56 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Huge issue here.

I dont think rebounding is an issue. we conceed rebounding for the trade off of going small and spacing the floor. the benefits of those things outweight the downside of allowing second chance points. We were last in rebounding last year in almost every category and where on target to win a title until kyrie/harden got hurt

Read on Twitter
?s=20

[/quote]

Typically the top teams do just that. .500 or so vs. good teams and stomp the bad teams. Bucks won the title last year. they had a .536 win% vs teams over .500 last year.

you basically need to win 65 games to be good vs everyone good and bad. that is a rare occurence.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,559

Post#169 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:18 pm

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Huge issue here.

I dont think rebounding is an issue. we conceed rebounding for the trade off of going small and spacing the floor. the benefits of those things outweight the downside of allowing second chance points. We were last in rebounding last year in almost every category and where on target to win a title until kyrie/harden got hurt

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Typically the top teams do just that. .500 or so vs. good teams and stomp the bad teams. Bucks won the title last year. they had a .536 win% vs teams over .500 last year.

you basically need to win 65 games to be good vs everyone good and bad. that is a rare occurence.[/quote]

Our defensive rebounding looks a lot better when we play drop coverage instead of switching everything.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#170 » by gigantes » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:28 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I know the shootings hit Kyrie hard last season, but I don't know what the above has to do with his current situation.

Anyway, I don't know Rittenhouse's case too well, but it sounds a lot like he showed up with a semi-automatic to a human rights protest, went looking for trouble until he found it, and wound up murdering people in pretty much every real-world way, other than possibly a technicality.

Then to make matters worse, sounds like the judge also happens to be a deranged right-winger (or white supremacist, essentially), who heavily influenced the jury to let the perp walk scot-free. How unbelievably sad and disgraceful for this country.

Then again, this is pretty much these ****ers' whole game plan, i.e. to get this country back to the days of slavery, bogus Christian doctine, robber barons, and rich men being able to beat their wives, servants & pets with impunity.

Scary thing is, they're actually winning a lot of these fights. oO

/rant
GTR11
RealGM

Post#171 » by GTR11 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:31 pm

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Huge issue here.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

you basically need to win 65 games to be good vs everyone good and bad. that is a rare occurence.[/quote]

I'm really getting annoyed sometimes how hypocritical you are at times.
1- this is not same team from last year
2- teams adjust
3- we are not bucks
4- we got different game plan this year

Unbelievable :banghead:
gigantes
Starter

Post#172 » by gigantes » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:35 pm

Read on Twitter

Wow. I wonder if there's any kind of adjustment to those tendencies, because if you lay off him too much, then he can hurt you in all kinds of other ways. And with his surprisingly good defense, I'm thinking this might be the best season of his career, so far.

nowhathappenedwas wrote:The fact that he's shooting 56.3% (27 for 48) from three with tight or very tight coverage is ridiculous, but he's also way ahead on volume.

Most 3PM with a defender within 4 feet:

Curry, 27 (56%)
Hield, 19 (40%)
Durant, 14 (37%)
Robinson, 14 (26%)
George, 14 (33%)
GTR11
RealGM

Post#173 » by GTR11 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:42 pm

gigantes wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I know the shootings hit Kyrie hard last season, but I don't know what the above has to do with his current situation.

Anyway, I don't know Rittenhouse's case too well, but it sounds a lot like he showed up with a semi-automatic to a human rights protest, went looking for trouble until he found it, and wound up murdering people in pretty much every real-world way, other than possibly a technicality.

Then to make matters worse, sounds like the judge also happens to be a deranged right-winger (or white supremacist, essentially), who heavily influenced the jury to let the perp walk scot-free. How unbelievably sad and disgraceful for this country.

Then again, this is pretty much these ****ers' whole game plan, i.e. to get this country back to the days of slavery, bogus Christian doctine, robber barons, and rich men being able to beat their wives, servants & pets with impunity.

/rant

No one knows what can go through Kyrie's head :lol: . Thing is other players reacted to Ahmad shooting and Kyly's case was/is even bigger. Best bet Kyrie won't be happy with it and will protest by not playing, not that he playing right now.

As I said before. At what point Tsai/Marks and KD with Harden going to draw a line and say what we going to do with this mess. We clearly undermanned and lack quality coaching.

If you think Morey came out with bs was out of nowhere, think again. 6's along with Nets been first teams Harden wanted to be traded too. We have huge problem man. I don't think most comprehend it yet.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#174 » by GTR11 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:45 pm

gigantes wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow. I wonder if there's any kind of adjustment to those tendencies, because if you lay off him too much, then he can hurt you in all kinds of other ways. And with his surprisingly good defense, I'm thinking this might be the best season of his career, so far.

nowhathappenedwas wrote:The fact that he's shooting 56.3% (27 for 48) from three with tight or very tight coverage is ridiculous, but he's also way ahead on volume.

Curry, 27 (56%)
Hield, 19 (40%)
Durant, 14 (37%)
Robinson, 14 (26%)
George, 14 (33%)

Only way to slow Curry is to make him work on the other end of the court. Cavs exposed him so bad delusional Kyrie fans thought he's a better player. If you don't have players to capitalize on his bad D, than you're in a world of trouble. Best bet he'll bust your azz, his that great.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#175 » by GTR11 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:48 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Here we go
GTR11
RealGM

Post#176 » by GTR11 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:55 pm

GTR11 wrote:
gigantes wrote:
Read on Twitter

Curry, 27 (56%)
Hield, 19 (40%)
Durant, 14 (37%)
Robinson, 14 (26%)
George, 14 (33%)

Only way to slow Curry is to make him work on the other end of the court. Cavs exposed him so bad delusional Kyrie fans thought he's a better player. If you don't have players to capitalize on his bad D, than you're in a world of trouble. Best bet he'll bust your azz, his that great.

Found it

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Curry only moves while playing on offensive end. They hide him on D all the time. You have to PnR him to death, kind of what we did to Trea last year. Harden and Kyrie basically had lay up drill on him, Joe went 60% shooting from 3 if I'm not mistaken.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#177 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:41 am

gigantes wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

/rant

Yessir, and they get bolder with every win. This piece of excrement Kyle is gonna get a million-dollar book deal and rock star treatment, when he should be in jail for life. All because he murdered two people in cold blood. Two people that *dared* to march against white supremacy. This is Zimmerman 2.0.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
gigantes
Starter

Post#178 » by gigantes » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:30 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
gigantes wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

/rant

Yessir, and they get bolder with every win. This piece of excrement Kyle is gonna get a million-dollar book deal and rock star treatment, when he should be in jail for life. All because he murdered two people in cold blood. Two people that *dared* to march against white supremacy. This is Zimmerman 2.0.

Seriously. They've gotten nightmarishly bolder since they first, directly started pulling this crap (trading base instincts for votes) around the time of Nixon.

I remember thinking during the Bush Jr. horror show 'well, on the positive tip, at least it can't get any worse than THIS... phew!'

Ugh. Lord a mighty, (as Father Ted might say to Dougal) it's gotten steadily worse there, it has. :S
GTR11
RealGM

Post#179 » by GTR11 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:22 am

Cashwiddie been killing it all season long. Damn he busting Miami azz all game long, dude making it happen.
gigantes
Starter

Post#180 » by gigantes » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:36 am

GTR11 wrote:Only way to slow Curry is to make him work on the other end of the court. Cavs exposed him so bad delusional Kyrie fans thought he's a better player. If you don't have players to capitalize on his bad D, than you're in a world of trouble. Best bet he'll bust your azz, his that great.

GTR11 wrote:Curry only moves while playing on offensive end. They hide him on D all the time. You have to PnR him to death, kind of what we did to Trea last year. Harden and Kyrie basically had lay up drill on him, Joe went 60% shooting from 3 if I'm not mistaken.

That's just flat-out wrong when it comes to this season, though.

Now I'm not quite sure what the whole explanation is, but Shemp's been killing it this season on D. Top 15 PG at defense. Had some nice plays on Harden just a couple games ago.

There are also some nice video compilations floating around of how tricky he's become at fronting his man then falling back, then playing tight again, throwing off their rhythm. He's giving offensive players lots of different looks and creating regular confusion out there. Unsurprisingly, his steals and blocks are way up this season.

The Warriors deserve a tonne of recognition this season for their league-leading defense, and Steph's been a big part of that.

Return to Brooklyn Nets