Lebron
27%

Total votes: 44

Djoker
Rookie
And1: 972

Re: Lebron vs Jordan 1 on 1 

Post#21 » by Djoker » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:33 pm

Lebron has the size advantage but he isn't that skilled in the post and a 10 second shot clock doesn't help posting up either. There isn't much time to back someone down when you get the ball at the 3pt line. For that reason MJ would win although with these rules I'd give Lebron a better chance to beat MJ than Shaq because he could try to bully his way to the basket.
No-more-rings
Head Coach
And1: 3,850

Post#22 » by No-more-rings » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:03 am

Djoker wrote:Lebron has the size advantage but he isn't that skilled in the post and a 10 second shot clock doesn't help posting up either. There isn't much time to back someone down when you get the ball at the 3pt line. For that reason MJ would win although with these rules I'd give Lebron a better chance to beat MJ than Shaq because he could try to bully his way to the basket.

Where does the OP say anything about a 10 second shot clock?
Djoker
Rookie
And1: 972

Post#23 » by Djoker » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:44 am

No-more-rings wrote:
Djoker wrote:Lebron has the size advantage but he isn't that skilled in the post and a 10 second shot clock doesn't help posting up either. There isn't much time to back someone down when you get the ball at the 3pt line. For that reason MJ would win although with these rules I'd give Lebron a better chance to beat MJ than Shaq because he could try to bully his way to the basket.

Where does the OP say anything about a 10 second shot clock?

He said it in post #15.
No-more-rings
Head Coach
And1: 3,850

Post#24 » by No-more-rings » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:55 pm

Frankly i’ve never heard of any shot clock at all in pick up one on one games let alone a 10 second one. 10 seconds makes no sense to me and it’s arbitrary.
falcolombardi
General Manager
And1: 5,987

Post#25 » by falcolombardi » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:02 pm

then the 10 seconds issue would affect jordan post game too

anyway i think jumpers and post game are less valuable in 1vs1 Games than the ability to Drive

lebron is bigger and stronger as well as a great a handle for his size and long and fast enough to guard jordan 1vs1 (using 2009 lebron here)

jordan has a jumper edge and a speed edge (compensaed by lebron lenght) but doesnt have the weight and strenght to guard lebron straight up like a bigger wing

lebron could Drive on jordan for layups more easily than the other way around, jordan would need to take risk with steals and jumpers

which could work but is less of a safe bet
McBubbles
Rookie
And1: 1,252

Post#26 » by McBubbles » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:45 am

I think MJ would win as he has a better 1 on 1 Skillset than LeBron and is a better man defender than LeBron, but anyone that legitimately thinks MJ would get an edge through psychological warfare and "mental humiliation" needs to stop watching ESPN.

Trash talking and it's utility has always been ridiculously overrated because people like dumb stories like "MJ called a 5'3 guy that's probably been called a midget a million times a midget and he was never the same again 8-) ", so silly.
You said to me “I will give you scissor seven fine quality animation".

You left then but you put flat mediums which were not good before my scissor seven".

What do you take me for, that you treat somebody like me with such contempt?
jalengreen
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,088

Post#27 » by jalengreen » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:47 am

This is why I kinda dislike these posts. There's always rules that deviate from how real world 1 on 1s actually operate. A shot clock? Fouling out? Always in the bonus & taking free throws? What kind of 1 on 1 is this lol? I get that it's your hypothetical and you can come up with whatever you'd like, but it's just so arbitrary and unreasonable to me.

Return to Player Comparisons