Curry Green Andre Otto out

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,172

Curry Green Andre Otto out 

Post#1 » by watch1958 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:44 pm

All out for Detroit game
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Re: Curry Green Andre Otto out 

Post#2 » by HiRez » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:00 pm

Officially Old Guys Rest Day then (but they’re probably all out golfing together).

Should see a lot of everyone else in this game, hopefully we don’t get Kuminga the Horrible Chucker today. Kerr needs to bench his ass whenever he shoots a 3 with more than 5 seconds on the shot clock We saw last night that bad tendency is still there and it works out very badly for him. Should be driving or cutting every time.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#3 » by Samurai » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:16 pm

Hope Moody and Kuminga have been spending a lot of time on that treadmill since they will have to play far more minutes than they are used to. Unfortunately it probably means a lot of minutes for our 2-way guys as well.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#4 » by FNQ » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:39 pm

Man Vegas figured this one out real quick, Warriors (-1.5) tonight

Think it was at -8 last night?
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Post#5 » by wco81 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:59 pm

Kerr has said in the past that load management or "rest" in his parlance, is very important. After they failed to win the title in the 73-win season, he said they'd never go pedal to the metal in the regular season again.

Who knows, that year started out 24-0 under Walton? If Kerr had been coaching, he may have more aggressively managed minutes and rest games. Pop was doing that blatantly with the Spurs' older players, pissing off the league because Spurs stars didn't play in big national TV games.

The Warriors players, particularly Green, wanted to go for it that year. He's much older now but if they won the title that year, maybe he and Curry would be pushing for playing in situations like this this year.

If not for NBA shenanigans, they might have won the title. After the Warriors went up 3-1 in the Finals, they decided to push their thumbs on the scales.

But I believe there were other signs that the Warriors' approach to the regular season, setting the new wins record, hurt them in the playoffs. Curry got injured, I think more than once, in the first round. He had to come back in the middle of the Portland series and had that "I'm back" game.

Then they fell behind 3-1 to OKC in the WCF and they had to have epic games to win 3 straight. Still one of the most memorable playoff series in franchise history.

Still think that they would have won the title if not for NBA intervention that year.

Anyways, for now, they are facing a game at home vs. Toronto on Sunday. So extra day of rest helps. Should send them back home early so that they can acclimate to the time zone change, which may have hurt them in Charlotte.

Or spend extra time in shooting practice since only Curry was shooting well during this road trip.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#6 » by shazam_guy » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:48 pm

If you never put up a three, even a bad one, then the defense is going to make it a lot harder to drive and cut, because they're going to play back and clog the middle. Kuminga should keep shooting outside shots, he just needs to be selective. And that's one of the lessons rookies learn.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#7 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:54 pm

don't know why they make up fake injuries, just say "DNP - old"
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,234

Post#8 » by Impuniti » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:50 pm

wco81 wrote:Kerr has said in the past that load management or "rest" in his parlance, is very important. After they failed to win the title in the 73-win season, he said they'd never go pedal to the metal in the regular season again.

Who knows, that year started out 24-0 under Walton? If Kerr had been coaching, he may have more aggressively managed minutes and rest games. Pop was doing that blatantly with the Spurs' older players, pissing off the league because Spurs stars didn't play in big national TV games.

The Warriors players, particularly Green, wanted to go for it that year. He's much older now but if they won the title that year, maybe he and Curry would be pushing for playing in situations like this this year.

If not for NBA shenanigans, they might have won the title. After the Warriors went up 3-1 in the Finals, they decided to push their thumbs on the scales.

But I believe there were other signs that the Warriors' approach to the regular season, setting the new wins record, hurt them in the playoffs. Curry got injured, I think more than once, in the first round. He had to come back in the middle of the Portland series and had that "I'm back" game.

Then they fell behind 3-1 to OKC in the WCF and they had to have epic games to win 3 straight. Still one of the most memorable playoff series in franchise history.

Still think that they would have won the title if not for NBA intervention that year.

Anyways, for now, they are facing a game at home vs. Toronto on Sunday. So extra day of rest helps. Should send them back home early so that they can acclimate to the time zone change, which may have hurt them in Charlotte.

Or spend extra time in shooting practice since only Curry was shooting well during this road trip.

I never bought that mentality, to me it sounded like excuses. Warriors' top players were very, very low in MPG that season compared to any top team. They lost because Curry got hurt and was never able to regain his old form during the PS, so he let the team down in the final. Anything more than that is overlooking it.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,800

Post#9 » by floppymoose » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:57 pm

Samurai wrote:Hope Moody and Kuminga have been spending a lot of time on that treadmill since they will have to play far more minutes than they are used to. Unfortunately it probably means a lot of minutes for our 2-way guys as well.

I suspect Kuminga can play for 48 just fine. He’s 19 and a freak of nature.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#10 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:14 am

Impuniti wrote:
wco81 wrote:Kerr has said in the past that load management or "rest" in his parlance, is very important. After they failed to win the title in the 73-win season, he said they'd never go pedal to the metal in the regular season again.

I never bought that mentality, to me it sounded like excuses. Warriors' top players were very, very low in MPG that season compared to any top team. They lost because Curry got hurt and was never able to regain his old form during the PS, so he let the team down in the final. Anything more than that is overlooking it.

Warriors were getting very close to 41-0 at home. The Celtics came into Oakland and won. If one of the Celtics had gotten crazy hot I would have dismissed the defeat as a fluke. But that isn't what happened. The team had lost it's edge.They lost a few other games late in the season that they woukd have won at mid season. They were burned out. For three quarters of the the season they faced and defeated the other teams A games. Every team got up for the challenge of tryingbto beat the Warriors. The Warriors lost their will toimpose their will on other teams. Then Curry got hurt and the team rose to the challenge of winning without Curry.

When Curry came back the team did not have the edge they needed to beat the good Thunder team. I think the Thunder were better than the Cavs. Then the team rose to the challenge of comming back vs the Thunder. That would have failed had Klay not won one game on his own vs the Thunder. Warriors system wrecked the Cavs for a few games and then the fatigue took over.

I say Curry was still injured vs the Cavs. LeBron fans say no. LeBron fans point to a few high scoring games Curry had and say see, Curry was healthy. LeBron fans can't allow that that the finals Warriors was not as good as the 73 win regular season Warriors because that would mess with the LeBron legend. Curry's drive was innefective, Curry could not accelerate in the finals.sure Kyrie was fast but that isn't why Curry could not drive and Kyrie could overplay Curry's outside shot. Kyrie wasn't particularly good at not getting off balance because Curry's ball fakes. Healthy Curry would get a good first step from his ball fakes and the defeder could not recover even if they had top quality recovery speed like Kyrie.

Harrison Barnes was missing shots he hit all year. I think fatigue made Harrison Barnes miss. The Cavs defense was good but the Cavs defense did not stop the Warriors system from producing open shots. The Cavs also looked burned out.by game 7.

LeBron fans make a big deal about LeBron leading tge Cavs comeback. LeBron could not hit anything in game 7. LeBron abd team kept on scrapping but they only won becausevthe Warriors lost their legs and brains. The shots were there in game 7 but the game 7 Warriors missed shots that mid season Warriors would have hit.

Had the Warriorschitba few more shots that they normally hit the Cavs lose and the series because a negative for LeBron rather than the crown jewell in his legend. LeBron akso missed his shots in game 7 and thereby gave the beat down Warriors a chance to win. The early knock on LeBron was his failure in big games. LeBron's bad shooting in game 7 would have been addied to the LeBron big game failure story if the Warriors hit their easy shots and won.
Xplatformer
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#11 » by Xplatformer » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:52 am

And they still won.

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk
In 1971, the team moved across the Bay Area to Oakland, and changed its geographic name to Golden State to symbolize the team as representative of the entire state of California
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 219

Post#12 » by sonnyhill » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:54 pm

Sometimes a player's best ability is his availability. While many of us have debated the value-merits of Andrew Wiggins' game, it cannot be denied that he is both a durable and valuable player on this roster. Load management/missing games/taking nights off does not apply to Wiggins.

The Warriors are/were fortunate that Wiggins is on this roster, especially when two other starters and two reserves (Iguodala, too) were MIA vs the Pistons.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,399

Post#13 » by SpreeChokeJob » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:30 pm

It was nice seeing the second and third unit play. They could explore more of their game to see what they are and aren’t good at.

Looking forward in the schedule. Another opportunity is another back to back with the Spurs on the second day, the starters can get rest. And the Orlando game where the starters can get dressed and come in as third string as needed.

Return to Golden State Warriors