ImageImageImage

Game 15: Warriors (13-2) @ Pistons (4-10) - Nov. 19 7:00 PM EST

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

breezypeezy
Senior
And1: 303

Re: Game 15: Warriors (13-2) @ Pistons (4-10) - Nov. 19 7:00 PM EST 

Post#181 » by breezypeezy » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:07 pm

Didn't get to see it. But from what I thought I read Jackson and Grant were missing the last few 3"s trying to tie it up?
LETCADETRYTOWINITDURINGCRUNCHTIMEEVERYTIME.
Grant chucking is the past, he should not be our option with the game on the line.
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#182 » by 440BB » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:30 pm

As it was last season, Saben Lee will get Pistons minutes due to an injury. Another chance to show how ready he is to contribute. I hope Hayes fully heals and Lee makes a good case for staying in the rotation. With Stewart's injury, perhaps Lee will see the court next to both Cunningham and Joseph in a small ball effort.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#183 » by Manocad » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:34 pm

Snakebites wrote:
Manocad wrote:
Snakebites wrote:I mean, “need” can be a matter of opinion here. Strange semantic spot to stake your flag, but to each their own.

I see things a little more analytically than you do. It comes with maturity; you'll get there one day.

I’m glad you’re here to show us the way.

Absolutely. I'll help you.

If you carefully consider the context of the post I addressed and the motivation behind it, you likely would make a distinction between what someone wants the team to do in order for the games to be more pleasurable for them to watch vs what the team needs to do in order to achieve a goal. And I made that very clear distinction in my post thus it wasn't a matter of semantics in any way. Especially when the desired action is for the team to fire the coach with no better coach being proposed as the solution vs the coach adjusting the offense to better suit the skill set of the roster, for example. Under no circumstances are the Pistons in a better situation if they fired Casey right now, nor is all hope lost if he isn't. Thus the term "need" doesn't apply in any way. Displeasure with how the team is performing does not equate to the team needing to take immediate and drastic action; it's an excuse rather than just saying "I wish the team would fire Casey and trade away half the roster for Ben Simmons because that's what I want them to do. Yeah, maybe it isn't the best thing to do long term but I just want to see something different." At least that's honest.

Ironically, pointing out that the term "need" can be a matter of opinion is making a semantic argument, and even bothering to address it in the first place is a strange spot to stake your flag.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,618

Post#184 » by zeebneeb » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:25 pm

Missed the game last night, so I'm watching the replay now, and after the first quarter I'm unsure as to why Casey didn't have the team immediately double Poole every single time, when he is a marginal ball handler, and wilts under ball pressure. Steph Curry he's not.

Rebounding continues to be a massive problem, and during the second quarter it was plainly obvious to me anyway, that Garza should have come off the bench instead of Lyles. Lyles offers nothing. Garza can rebound the ball, pass, post, and shoot the three.

Frank finally found his damn shot.

Cunningham's impact when he's on the floor is massive. In only his tenth game, he's already earned my trust to make the right play, each and everytime, which is insane for a rookie, let alone his tenth game. His passing, lane penatration, and shooting, within the offense is amazing. I want him to be more assertive, and take over the team immediately, but then have to remind myself its only his tenth game.

There was a sequence in the second, without Grant on the floor, or Bey, where Cade was A#1 and he ran the team to perfection, culminating in him nailing a 3 for the lead.

I am of the mind, as of right now, Grant does not fit with Cade. Now, over time this might change, but the whole flow of the offense that Cade establishes, is disrupted by Grants play style. He stops the ball, repeatedly, at the top of the arc, while the team stops and watches. This does not happen with Cade, as Cade is always directing traffic, and more importantly, on the move.

12 shots is just not enough for Cade, it needs to be damn near, or over 20 every single game.

End of game was a disaster, and this should have been a Pistons victory. In time, Cade will become the unquestioned leader of the team, with an even higher usage rate, and that will lead to a ton more victories.

Good game, and continued growth by Cade. Really excited to see how this team evolves over time, and which pieces they place around Cade. I suspect that two years from now, this team with Cade, will be unrecognizable from what we are all watching now.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,034

Post#185 » by bstein14 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:28 pm

I think Cade has been taking some bad shots most games, but against the Warriors there was really only one rushed contested 3 and that was right after making two in a row. I think overall he, much like Hayes, is going to do better offensively in time when he realizes what shots are the best ones to take and what ones are the best ones to keep plowing through the offense. Of course at OKC most shots were the right shots because he was quite a bit ahead of his teammates in his skillset but here in Detroit he needs to find the right mix to really improve offensive efficiency.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,618

Post#186 » by zeebneeb » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:41 pm

One more thing I'd like to add;

Garza is, without question, the best screen setter on the team, hands down. Also, the play (pick and pop)with Cade, is exactly what should be the bread and butter with Cade, as it is in Dallas with Luka.

Every. Single. Time.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#187 » by Manocad » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:37 pm

zeebneeb wrote:One more thing I'd like to add;

Garza is, without question, the best screen setter on the team, hands down. Also, the play (pick and pop)with Cade, is exactly what should be the bread and butter with Cade, as it is in Dallas with Luka.

Every. Single. Time.

If Stew is going to be out for any period of time I would LOVE to see Garza with the starting unit and hopefully get plenty of pick n pop, pick n roll, or even—GOD FORBID—some inside out with Garza in the post.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#188 » by Liqourish » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:46 pm

Manocad wrote:

Every. Single. Time.

If Stew is going to be out for any period of time I would LOVE to see Garza with the starting unit and hopefully get plenty of pick n pop, pick n roll, or even—GOD FORBID—some inside out with Garza in the post.

I don't understand how Garza was a DNP-CD last night in a game where we lacked size inside. :-?
Manocad
RealGM

Post#189 » by Manocad » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:55 pm

Liqourish wrote:
Manocad wrote:

Every. Single. Time.

I don't understand how Garza was a DNP-CD last night in a game where we lacked size inside. :-?

That may forever remain a mystery. My guess is that there's some saving face involved. The team gave Cojo and Lyles contracts so they're not going to give their minutes away even when it looks like they should.

Return to Detroit Pistons