Delaware Bluecoats Discussion 

Post#1 » by Kobblehead » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:44 pm

Springer balled in his debut!
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Re: Delaware Bluecoats Discussion 

Post#2 » by Negrodamus » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:20 pm

Glad to see he's producing in the G League. That's encouraging. I wonder if Morey focuses on guards with excellent touch around the rim with an upside on shooting. The thing that separates Maxey and Springer, however, is Maxey's incredible explosiveness off the dribble.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,652

Post#3 » by stormi » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:54 pm

Only two assists but it's great to see he was scoring confidently. I feel bad for writing this kid off so quickly, he was the youngest American player drafted and the second youngest overall in this class after Primo. His game is awkward, but whatever. Lets hope he fine tunes it this year as a top option on a good Blue Coats team.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#4 » by Kobblehead » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:56 pm

2 made threes, 2 steals, 2 blocks

Happy with that. Shooting volume is the only thing he needs to be a plus starter.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#5 » by Sixerscan » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:58 pm

Coaching staff is clearly stressing the straight line drives with him. It’s a good simple move that is hard to stop if they guy doing it is fast enough especially at that level. I don’t know if his ball handling will ever get to where he can play point but if he can do that sort of stuff and make shots with his defensive potential I could definitely see a path to him being good.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#6 » by Kobblehead » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:10 pm

If only there was a way to fuse Jared Brownridge's game into Braxton Key's body. We'd have another George Niang!
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,652

Post#7 » by stormi » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:32 pm

A good game again after some lulls. Such a bully lol.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,761

Post#8 » by mjkvol » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:53 pm

stormi wrote:

A good game again after some lulls. Such a bully lol.

We know he can overpower these players and get to the rack, I'd like to see a little more perimeter scoring. I suppose I just answered my own post.

I loved this kid from watching him last year at UT and believe he will become a good pro, but I thought then that another year in school would have served him well, both his game and draft position. UT is loaded this year but really could have used his scoring.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#9 » by Kobblehead » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:04 pm

I said pre-draft, Springer is one of the best finishers through contact I've seen in recent memory. Great strength and touch. He has an uncanny ability to square his shoulders after contact and get a great look before releasing. Reminds me of how Andre Miller and Jimmy Butler finish through traffic under the rim.
Phillyboy
Analyst
And1: 19

Post#10 » by Phillyboy » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:21 pm

The Bluecoats could be part of the answer to the Simmons saga. Here's how.

No team in their right mind will offer anything of value for Simmons until they see him play again. They want to know he's in shape, and that's he's made improvements to his game particularly free throw shooting and an occasional mid range jumper. But Simmons refuses to play for the Sixers and so nothing changes. But if Simmons does come back and plays well everything changes. He would the hottest commodity in the league especially to the small market teams looking for a star with name power.

But again, he refuses to play for the Sixers and he can't be traded for value sight unseen. He simply doesn't want to face the Philly crowd. I would make him a deal. Get in shape. Work on your flaws at St. Joe's and when he's ready we send him on a "rehab" stint to Delaware for a few games. It's not NBA level talent but just seeing him play well and improved would be enough for some GMs to make real offers for him. If he plays well and gets himself traded for value I'd give him back all the fine money. If he stinks it up, then no harm done, we trade him for what we can get.
Be a thinker. Not a stinker- Apollo Creed
Monix
Pro Prospect
And1: 660

Post#11 » by Monix » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:47 am

stop - don't derail this thread with Simmons G-League nonsense
Phillyboy
Analyst

Post#12 » by Phillyboy » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:01 am

Monix wrote:stop - don't derail this thread with Simmons G-League nonsense

Nonsense? It's a viable option to showcase Simmons, increase his trade value and get him the hell out of here. And it may just come to that. Enjoy the remainder of your day sir.

Go Bluecoats!!
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#13 » by Tomjas » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:16 am

Phillyboy wrote:

Nonsense? It's a viable option to showcase Simmons, increase his trade value and get him the hell out of here. And it may just come to that. Enjoy the remainder of your day sir.

Go Bluecoats!!

A max player in the G league proves nothing

It’s the equivalent of Simmons playing against kids on the driveway and nobody will take it seriously

Get a lot of YouTube hits though
blargh
Pro Prospect
And1: 580

Post#14 » by blargh » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:08 pm

I like the high arc on Springer’s 3 pt shot. That plus his excellent upper body control gives me hope he’s eventually going to be a great off the dribble shooter.
Phillyboy
Analyst

Post#15 » by Phillyboy » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:58 pm

Tomjas wrote:
Phillyboy wrote:

Go Bluecoats!!

A max player in the G league proves nothing

It’s the equivalent of Simmons playing against kids on the driveway and nobody will take it seriously

Get a lot of YouTube hits though

G League guys are like kids on the driveway? Holy Cow! It most definitely would matter to a number of GMs to see him play even if it were the Harlem Globetrotters for a couple of games let alone G league. Rehab assignments like this are common in other sports with the intent to bring the guy back to the big club. Here we're doing it to expedite his departure. You don't think G League is a lot like AAA in baseball? It showcases Simmons without further disruption to the NBA Philadelphia 76ers and it gives him a chance to save face. But this thread is indeed for Bluecoats talk so I won't belabor this any further. When Simmons is given his G League assignment I'll be glad to remind you this wasn't such a bad idea after all. Peace
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,667

Post#16 » by rzzzzz » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:09 pm

When they assign Simmons, maybe not a bad idea to include Kork, who badly needs to rehab the shot he had before the wrist injury.
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#17 » by Rastas » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:20 pm

Send Joel and Tobias back to the .500 team and load up the Bluecoats with a Simmons/Springer/Kork/Reed/Bassey Demolition Squad.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#18 » by Negrodamus » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:30 am

Seems Springer played like trash last game but Aaron Henry came to life with an almost triple double!
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#19 » by Kobblehead » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:56 pm

Negrodamus wrote:Seems Springer played like trash last game but Aaron Henry came to life with an almost triple double!

Have you been peeping Aaron Henry's 3pa? He's up to 6.8 3pa per 36. He's not shooting well percentage wise, but with that trigger, he's been a legit threat from deep.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#20 » by Negrodamus » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:03 am

Alright, I'll concede, if Springer can speed up and tighten his moves, he could be a player in this league. Seems to have put in some work since Summer League.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers