ImageImageImage

Potential free agent targets

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

bjones521
Pro Prospect
And1: 392

Re: Potential free agent targets 

Post#81 » by bjones521 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:15 am

Dream offseason. Sign Bol Bol to a 3yr 30M deal. Draft Jaden Ivey or Hardy.
Cade
Jaden
Bey
Bol
Stewart
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#82 » by Manocad » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:57 am

bjones521 wrote:Dream offseason. Sign Bol Bol to a 3yr 30M deal. Draft Jaden Ivey or Hardy.
Cade
Jaden
Bey
Bol
Stewart

And Grant goes where?
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,870

Post#83 » by MotownMadness » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:20 am

Got my roster after my first 2K off-season (lol)

- Fired Casey and signed Fizdale for his grit and grind style

-Drafted Jabari Smith Jr at #4

-Sign and trade Grant/Olynyk (not sure if legal to trade both in that deal) for a maxed Ayton on a 5 year 140 mil deal :o (wanted that big lob defensive center)

- stole Divincenzo from the Bucks on a 3 year 38 million deal (team option on the 3rd year)

- then took Kyle Anderson for some defense and playmaking on a 3 year 33mil deal (team option on the last year)

- CoJo opted in of course

- let go of F-Jackson, J-Jackson, Diallo but took on Lyles team option for the hell of it.

Hayes/Lee/CoJo
Cade/Divincenzo/Juzang(2nd round two way)
Bey/Anderson/livers
Smith Jr/Anderson/Lyles
Ayton/Stewart/Garza

Think I also grabbed Brazdeikis on a min

Team is young, smart, Athletic, nice blend of athleticism, shooting and defense. Just running a 9 man rotation.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#84 » by bstein14 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:44 pm

Colin Sexton is an interesting player for sure. He is now out for the season for Cleveland. Last year he averaged 24.3 PPG on efficient shooting numbers for a bad Cleveland team, but is known to be a below average defender. His ideal role is likely a spark plug off the bench a la Lou Williams. He isn't someone I would have been interested in for a big money deal, but if there are no MAX FA available (Ayton or Bridges) and we're looking at adding a solid rotation piece he would be worth considering perhaps at a just slightly above MLE type deal. There won't be many teams out there that can offer more than MLE money to FAs next summer unless its a sign and trade.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#85 » by edmunder_prc » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:02 pm

bstein14 wrote:Colin Sexton is an interesting player for sure. He is now out for the season for Cleveland. Last year he averaged 24.3 PPG on efficient shooting numbers for a bad Cleveland team, but is known to be a below average defender. His ideal role is likely a spark plug off the bench a la Lou Williams. He isn't someone I would have been interested in for a big money deal, but if there are no MAX FA available (Ayton or Bridges) and we're looking at adding a solid rotation piece he would be worth considering perhaps at a just slightly above MLE type deal. There won't be many teams out there that can offer more than MLE money to FAs next summer unless its a sign and trade.

Sexton would be great for the Pistons. He reminds me of D.Rose.

Sexton is not afraid of contact, he can shoot well, he does pass the ball but nothing special.

Anyone that can really score the ball next to Cade would be amazing - shooting especially - driving and then kicking to Cade who is set and waiting for an open 3.

Lillard and McCollum dont work well because both are not good defenders. Cade appears to be a PLUS defender with his IQ. Sexton and Cade would be a lot of firepower with above average defense.
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#86 » by dVs33 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:19 pm

edmunder_prc wrote:
bstein14 wrote:Colin Sexton is an interesting player for sure. He is now out for the season for Cleveland. Last year he averaged 24.3 PPG on efficient shooting numbers for a bad Cleveland team, but is known to be a below average defender. His ideal role is likely a spark plug off the bench a la Lou Williams. He isn't someone I would have been interested in for a big money deal, but if there are no MAX FA available (Ayton or Bridges) and we're looking at adding a solid rotation piece he would be worth considering perhaps at a just slightly above MLE type deal. There won't be many teams out there that can offer more than MLE money to FAs next summer unless its a sign and trade.

Sexton is not afraid of contact, he can shoot well, he does pass the ball but nothing special.

Anyone that can really score the ball next to Cade would be amazing - shooting especially - driving and then kicking to Cade who is set and waiting for an open 3.

Lillard and McCollum dont work well because both are not good defenders. Cade appears to be a PLUS defender with his IQ. Sexton and Cade would be a lot of firepower with above average defense.

I suggested sexton on a reasonable deal when this thread started. And now that he’s injured, the chance of a reasonable deal just got better.
If we can use him off the bench with either Hayes or cade, we’d be good.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#87 » by bstein14 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:51 am

dVs33 wrote:
edmunder_prc wrote:

I suggested sexton on a reasonable deal when this thread started. And now that he’s injured, the chce of a reasonable deal just got better.
aIf we can use him off the bench with either Hayes or cade, we’d be good.

I certainly don't love Sexton, but he's worth a flyer on at the right price.... especially because we are so bad at putting the ball in the basket. Of course my opinion could change if any of Josh Jackson, Diallo, or Frank Jackson really play well for us this season and average an efficient 15+ PPG but right now we need some more scoring.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#88 » by ComboGuardCity » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:14 am

I hope the bulls implode so we can max Lavine.

Cade
Lavine
Bey
Grant
Stewart

That’s a deadly team.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,870

Post#89 » by MotownMadness » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:26 am

Its a interesting thought for sure, Cleveland was rumoured to be shopping him last off-season and now with the injury they might not match.

I'm also not afraid of a torn miniscus, he should recover fine. At least you know your getting some sort of proven young commodity with your capspace and not a total bust.
aad
Starter
And1: 460

Post#90 » by aad » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:59 am

The cavs is playing well without sexton I don’t see them matching a offer for him
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#91 » by edmunder_prc » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:19 am

I like Sexton but is he too similar to Saben Lee? Saben can play and with some more experience he could be our Sexton-lite for way less money. Didnt he sign a 3 year deal for peanuts?

Could Sexton and Lee play together? I dont think so.

The shorter, athletic, 6th man SG in a PGs body are pretty common in the NBA (Brandon Knight type guys). Just a numbers game, lots of guys are 6'1", not so many 6'6".
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#92 » by DBC10 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:33 pm

edmunder_prc wrote:I like Sexton but is he too similar to Saben Lee? Saben can play and with some more experience he could be our Sexton-lite for way less money. Didnt he sign a 3 year deal for peanuts?

Could Sexton and Lee play together? I dont think so.

The shorter, athletic, 6th man SG in a PGs body are pretty common in the NBA (Brandon Knight type guys). Just a numbers game, lots of guys are 6'1", not so many 6'6".

Saben has potential to be 80% of what Sexton is so I don't think I do that swap or sign Sexton. What we don't need is a high salary sixth man like Sexton is likely projected to be. At least not yet, we're a year away from being year away in that regard

Return to Detroit Pistons