ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #16: HEAT @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/99.1 FM)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

YOUR WINNER...

Winner of the last game who's 11-5
No votes
Loser of the last game who's 10-5
100%

Total votes: 3

tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Re: GT #16: HEAT @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/99.1 FM) 

Post#241 » by tontoz » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:50 am

The heat really exposed our problems on offense. Wes should have a.clear idea of what we need to work on.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Post#242 » by deneem4 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:52 am

A win a win….That kcp shot was ticket worthy…
We still in the convo for top of the east
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#243 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:52 am

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:Most amazing aspect of this game is we won and Miami was cooking us from midrange. We literally couldn't get them to miss.

Sigh, regardless of this team's flaws, we needed that win. Did not want to lose three in a row, much less three in a row to divisional opponents and back-to-back against those arrogant Heaters. Charlotte's win string snapped tonight, let's tag that ass Monday too.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#244 » by 80sballboy » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:52 am

tontoz wrote:The heat really exposed our problems on offense. Wes should have a.clear idea of what we need to work on.

Inbounds and backup point guards are problems. Beal has to do too much so he gets drained in the fourth quarter. You can't let Neto or Holiday handle it too much since they are walking turnovers right now. That backup PG position needs to be addressed because our depth is going to super strong up front when Rui and Bryant return in 2021 or 2022.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant

Post#245 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:52 am

tontoz wrote:The heat really exposed our problems on offense. Wes should have a.clear idea of what we need to work on.

Let's just start with unforced turnovers, bunnies, and inbounding the ball.
J-Ves
Veteran
And1: 1,107

Post#246 » by J-Ves » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:58 am

80sballboy wrote:

Inbounds and backup point guards are problems. Beal has to do too much so he gets drained in the fourth quarter. You can't let Neto or Holiday handle it too much since they are walking turnovers right now. That backup PG position needs to be addressed because our depth is going to super strong up front when Rui and Bryant return in 2021 or 2022.

Any team that has a surplus of guards and needs a center would make a great trading partner. Milwaukee comes to mind
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#247 » by 80sballboy » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:06 am

J-Ves wrote:
80sballboy wrote:

Any team that has a surplus of guards and needs a center would make a great trading partner. Milwaukee comes to mind

I guess, Can't do anything until Bryant is back. Who knows when that will be, but I'm sure Tommy is thinking about that. Or you can do the opposite and that's if Bryant is really back you trade Trez. Ted would never do that, but you see he's incredible off the bench, but he's always been a liability in the playoffs with his D and lack of size.
colts18
Head Coach
And1: 3,237

Post#248 » by colts18 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:12 am

Did Justin Kutcher really say that Kuzma should intentionally miss a FT up 3 with 0.6 seconds left? One of the dumbest things I've heard an announcer say.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,784

Post#249 » by CobraCommander » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:14 am

80sballboy wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:Just leaving the arena....felt like a home game.

Got good tickets for around 2 bills....they keep winning and that won’t be the case....the price of these lower bowl mid court going up.

We back baby

What were the fans like? Seems liked the Heat fans took over until about 5 minutes left.

Scared to death....a lot of Wade and bron heat jerseys but we were in there acting civilized.

You know how DC is. A lot of the locals ain’t paying for the seats but there were a couple of us holding it down - high fives (not COVID safe) all over these fans when we started to roll. The wiz players were acknowledging the fans a lot too. Kuz and Trez we’re definitely getting people engaged

Would love to see Tommy work on getting more reasonable priced tickets further down in the bowl for people with DC IDs so kids get to see a legit team.

I live out in ffx so Maybe I don’t get better prices but If you want to get the wiz to improve home town, you gotta get people from DC in the good seats
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant

Post#250 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:14 am

colts18 wrote:Did Justin Kutcher really say that Kuzma should intentionally miss a FT up 3 with 0.6 seconds left? One of the dumbest things I've heard an announcer say.

He said if he made the first.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#251 » by FAH1223 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:15 am

CobraCommander wrote:
80sballboy wrote:

Got good tickets for around 2 bills....they keep winning and that won’t be the case....the price of these lower bowl mid court going up.

We back baby

What were the fans like? Seems liked the Heat fans took over until about 5 minutes left.

Scared to death....a lot of Wade and bron heat jerseys but we were in there acting civilized.

You know how DC is. A lot of the locals ain’t paying for the seats but there were a couple of us holding it down - high fives (not COVID safe) all over these fans when we started to roll. The wiz players were acknowledging the fans a lot too. Kuz and Trez we’re definitely getting people engaged

Would love to see Tommy work on getting more reasonable priced tickets further down in the bowl for people with DC IDs so kids get to see a legit team.

I live out in ffx so Maybe I don’t get better prices but If you want to get the wiz to improve home town, you gotta get people from DC in the good seats

I was at the Grizz game and got into the 104 section pretty close up. Got those tix for $50 a pop!
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#252 » by CobraCommander » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:16 am

Maybe Wes should go get a offensive expert to help him...I can’t tell what principles they running on offense.
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#253 » by 80sballboy » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:20 am

colts18 wrote:Did Justin Kutcher really say that Kuzma should intentionally miss a FT up 3 with 0.6 seconds left? One of the dumbest things I've heard an announcer say.

Hate him, but I see his point. They had no timeouts left, but sure, make the damn FT and it's over.
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#254 » by 80sballboy » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:21 am

CobraCommander wrote:
80sballboy wrote:

We back baby

Cool, but what does Tommy have to do with ticket prices?
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#255 » by CobraCommander » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:25 am

80sballboy wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
80sballboy wrote:

Cool, but what does Tommy have to do with ticket prices?

Sorry I thought the President of team was involved in the management top to bottom- from concessions to ticket prices like in most businesses
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#256 » by CobraCommander » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:26 am

I’m so excited about This team
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 832

Post#257 » by 9 and 20 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:44 am

Can't believe we won, tbh. So many basic issues. That Holiday double dribble almost had me put a brick thru my TV. Horrible.

The repeated problems inbounding the ball. Shouldn't be that hard.

Those problems, as infuriating as they are, are fixable at least.

Also not sure how we won with the refs calling the game the way they did. Heat got almost every important call go their way.

Neither here nor there, but Kyle Lowry looks like a middle-aged guy who used to be an athlete but let himself go. Love that guy.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant

Post#258 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:58 am

80sballboy wrote:Brad just said Gabe Vincent was calling us soft. WTF is Gabe Vincent for talking sh-t? So he had 15 points. No Gafford in that game, not that he was great tonight.

Gabe Vincent with the coach's DNP. Classic.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#259 » by payitforward » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:58 am

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:

Let's just start with unforced turnovers, bunnies, and inbounding the ball.

Turnovers -- you nailed it. We had a great night on offense if what you mean is getting good shots & making them at a high rate along with getting to the line & making FTs as well.

We posted a TS% tonight of .612 -- that is absolutely great. The only reason the game was close was that Miami got to take 7 more shots than we took -- b/c of turnovers.

On the season, we are a bit better than average in turnovers. The last two games, however... yikes.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#260 » by CobraCommander » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:03 am

Wonder if John wall watching

Return to Washington Wizards