Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Re: Nets v. Magic | 11.19.2021 @ 7:30 PM on YES 

Post#81 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:50 pm

Sharcm1 wrote:
Jay555 wrote:
Sharcm1 wrote:It was a good game to get our bench going. We got to see what guys would step up. Overall I’m happy with it. Harden again played like crap. Not efficient at all from the field and dribbled the ball until the clock was 3 and jacked up step back threes. He did that stuff last season but in moderation. This year it seems it’s all he knows how to do. He finally got calls but his overall game was bad.

Lol..Clearly you only watched the last 3 mins and made that conclusion. Harden was cold for sure but you probably just checked his FG% and ignored other stats. Without this dude, this game was an easy L. And he's only 70-80% and had to play 41 mins.

No I watched the whole game as I’m a real nets fan and have been for many many years. Harden played like crap. I’m glad he got to the free throw line in this game I really am. But other than he played like crap again. Turned over the ball too many times. Dribbled dribbled dribbled without going any where for 20 seconds and jacked step back threes which he mostly missed. The nets were playing an inferior team and barely won. I don’t care harden had 36, 8 and 10. And needed 25 shots to get those points. The box score only proves my point not the reason for it.

To be fair, 36 points on 25 shots (1.44pps) is excellent. It's not very pleasant to watchonly 7 made baskets and a ton of FT trips, but it's effective, and we would have been in a hurt box without his savvy. He can and should clean up his game as his health improves, and I think he will. Meanwhile, I'll take the ugly W's, thank you kindly.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#82 » by CalamityX12 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:This roster is still very flawed n nothing changes from Nash as coach.

LMA was in all star form at the end to seal the deal

We still have one of the best benches in the league.

We have had a good amount of injuries.

Main problem to me is still cohesion and chemistry. Was fixed last year. Why not this year?

And despite our issues, we still have the best record in the East.

Idk do we have best bench? How so? Mills n lma are the only guts worth a dime thus far.

9 -1 vs sub .500 right? We're suppose to win these but we're behind vs teams over .500

For me, not the best stat to overlook imo
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#83 » by HardenGoat » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:03 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:This roster is still very flawed n nothing changes from Nash as coach.

Main problem to me is still cohesion and chemistry. Was fixed last year. Why not this year?

Idk do we have best bench? How so? Mills n lma are the only guts worth a dime thus far.

9 -1 vs sub .500 right? We're suppose to win these but we're behind vs teams over .500

Add Bembry to that. He has been great on both ends. I’m praying Johnson has found a spark. Hope this was a turning point for him.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#84 » by Prokorov » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:02 am

KD35Netted wrote:We need the Proky take. He’s a solid analyzer of the game. Come on Prok, where are you man?

Was out with the fam, just watched the game on DVR. My thoughts...

1) awesome win. down big early with no KD they could have easily bailed but this team clawed back. The dog pound really put their stamp on the game... you obviously hate seeing brown go out but it is important for those role guys to get some games where they play 25-30 minutes to get their own juice going. Loved what Bembry and Johson brought... JJ especially needed this, hard to just step in out of the rotation in 8 minutes a game and get a flow. we didnt have this kind of defensive unit last year... it made it tougher last year to come back. alot of our losses last year were games like this. got down big and scored alot but couldnt get stops to help comeback for a W. not the case this year

2) This was the type of Harden performance we got last year. you can tell he is still only 75-80% back. but he has been going to the rim and getting in the paint a ton. He isnt worried about the calls he isnt getting, and concentrating on just attacking and putting pressure on. 20 FT attempts, could have been 26 but they missed a few. I also thought he had some good defensive possesions

3) LMA was a beast late. huge buckets and offensive rebounds. you could tell he had it going and was playing angry. he punished them inside. he is feeling good. he has been enormous for us all year. the new rules help keep him on the floor now that you can play droop on the pick and roll and not have to switch him on a small. he's been fantastic. eating crow on him big time.

4) Mills was nails. he is finding his groove. him and LMA are killing it for our bench unit. him and joe are 1/2 in three point % (JV no longer qualifies after tonight). What a steal this dude was

5) the sequence to end the 3rd really bothered me. 6.7 seconds left, detroit ball. out of bounds of the nets, detroit side out of bounds. Nash doesnt sub harden out. Harden had 3 fouls and 30+ minutes played. sub him out, you get a better defender on the floor, you ensure harden doesnt get a foul, and you give harden another 2 minutes of real time (not clock time) rest. If nash isnt going to do this stuff some coach needs to be keeping track of it. these are no brainer obvious moves. one of the assistants need sto get in gear.

6) subs were weird. Cam came in and go the quick hook. same in the second half. if your gonna play these guys real minutes gotta let them play through mistakes and misses. and half started going small. 1 possesion into the game nash subs in james johnson. 1 possesion? odd. nothing wrong with it, but why start small then?

7) 12-5 best start in franchise history. we are in great shape. these kinds of wins go a long way. good morale boost for the team. good game for those in attendance. and one of those types of comeback wins that can really get guys going
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#85 » by Prokorov » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:05 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Mills/LMA are the "only" guys.

you say that like most teams have 4 or 5 guys off the bench like that. most teams dont have 1 guy like that. check the cavs game thread. i posted the stats. our bench is 4th in +/- and top 10 in every single relevant category. we are super deep and super versatile off the bench.

we are 3-4 vs. teams over .500.

good teams usually go about .500 vs good teams and beat up on bad teams. which is what we are doing.

People complaining about not beating enough .500 teams. we have 3 wins vs .500 teams, the warriors for comparison have 4. They also barely beat the pistons and were down the cavs headed into the 4th.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#86 » by Prokorov » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:40 am

Also, rare screw up by Ian eagle...

Harden was 14/14 from the line and shooting the first of 2 free throws. after making the first Ian says "harden has now hit 42 of his last 43 free throws"

can jinx a guy like that. Ian is a pro... he has to know better. you break that stat out after the SECOND free throw as not to jinx him.

Obviously birdman is the GOAT broadcaster, and this is an anomolie, but c'mon man!
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#87 » by NetsWorld » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:54 pm

So Prok, do you think Kyrie eventually comes back somehow?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#88 » by Prokorov » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:01 pm

KD35Netted wrote:So Prok, do you think Kyrie eventually comes back somehow?

Yes, i think the NYC mandate will be edited sometime in january once adams takes office.

I think Adams will mirror NYC's mandate with Biden's. I.e. you need to be vaccinated OR submit to weekly testing. The science doesnt support a mandate any stricter.

-78.9& of NYC is vaccinated
-Breakthrough infections are extremely rare (1% overall, .03% for those without weakened immune system)
-Breakthrough infections when the unvaccinated are practicing safety protocols (masks/tests/distancing) is virtually 0

Get people back to work. we need the mandate but we dont need to make it political. Make it about the science and the actual risks. kids under 5 cant be vaccinated yet. most school aged kids just were allowed. so yea, maybe teachers should be vaxxed. hospitals are full of those with weakened immune systems, they are at higher risk, so year, maybe docs/nurses need to be vaxxed. But office workerS? vendors? DPW? masks + testing should be more then enough.

.03% of breakthrough infection X reduced risk with masks/testing... that math works out almost to as much risk as being struck by lightening.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#89 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:57 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Mills, LMA, Bembry, Blake Griffin. All really good players.

So youre that worried about a 3 or 4 sample size vs good team? Comon man.

It really means nothing.

We have KD and Harden. In 5 months this stats will be useless.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#90 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:00 pm

Prokorov wrote:

Yes, i think the NYC mandate will be edited sometime in january once adams takes office.

I think Adams will mirror NYC's mandate with Biden's. I.e. you need to be vaccinated OR submit to weekly testing. The science doesnt support a mandate any stricter.

-Breakthrough infections are extremely rare (1% overall, .03% for those without weakened immune system)
-Breakthrough infections when the unvaccinated are practicing safety protocols (masks/tests/distancing) is virtually 0

Get people back to work. we need the mandate but we dont need to make it political. Make it about the science and the actual risks. kids under 5 cant be vaccinated yet. most school aged kids just were allowed. so yea, maybe teachers should be vaxxed. hospitals are full of those with weakened immune systems, they are at higher risk, so year, maybe docs/nurses need to be vaxxed. But office workerS? vendors? DPW? masks + testing should be more then enough.

.03% of breakthrough infection X reduced risk with masks/testing... that math works out almost to as much risk as being struck by lightening.

I don't think Adams will change it immediately. But eventually it has to change.

You can't keep unvaccinated people out of sports stadiums forever.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#91 » by Prokorov » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:04 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I don't think Adams will change it immediately. But eventually it has to change.

You can't keep unvaccinated people out of sports stadiums forever.

yeah its probably not happening on January 1st... but if we are going with science, there isnt alot there to keep unvaccinated people out of work. Biden's plan makes alot more sense.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,850

Post#92 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:33 pm

Prokorov wrote:

Teachers, doctors, and nurses absolutely should be. No exceptions. Hospitals are full of vulnerable people and kids are germ factories.

Other than that, I agree with you. Don't want to get vaccinated? Then you must be tested every Monday and you must adhere to a strict mask mandate. Simple enough. We can't hold back society because of the unvaccinated.

Regarding allowing unvaccinated people in arenas, you've got to enforce a mask mandate in that regard. I've seen that unvaccinated people cannot be trusted to wear masks or adhere to a honor system, as soon as Phil Murphy dropped the mask mandates inside public places for vaccinated people, the cases in NJ went from like 100 a day to the thousands because unvaxed jackasses, one of whom I know personally that got sick, were going into stores without masks on. Some people really don't care about their own lives or others. Absolute selfishness.

I predict a revision of the policy will happen as we get into the spring months, January may be too soon based on the rising cases we are seeing. So we still have some hope that Kyrie can play after ASB.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#93 » by Prokorov » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:14 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Teachers, doctors, and nurses absolutely should be. No exceptions. Hospitals are full of vulnerable people and kids are germ factories.

Other than that, I agree with you. Don't want to get vaccinated? Then you must be tested every Monday and you must adhere to a strict mask mandate. Simple enough. We can't hold back society because of the unvaccinated.

Regarding allowing unvaccinated people in arenas, you've got to enforce a mask mandate in that regard. I've seen that unvaccinated people cannot be trusted to wear masks or adhere to a honor system, as soon as Phil Murphy dropped the mask mandates inside public places for vaccinated people, the cases in NJ went from like 100 a day to the thousands because unvaxed jackasses, one of whom I know personally that got sick, were going into stores without masks on. Some people really don't care about their own lives or others. Absolute selfishness.

I predict a revision of the policy will happen as we get into the spring months, January may be too soon based on the rising cases we are seeing. So we still have some hope that Kyrie can play after ASB.

Fans should have to be vaccinated or show a negative test. alot of venues have mobile test units onsite as well.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,850

Post#94 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:51 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Fans should have to be vaccinated or show a negative test. alot of venues have mobile test units onsite as well.

Yeah that's a possibility as well. I definitely don't let unvaccinated fans near the court.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to Brooklyn Nets