Game 16: Grizzlies at Timberwolves, 7 pm Central

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

SCTwins
Rookie
And1: 884

Re: Game 16: Grizzlies at Timberwolves, 7 pm Central 

Post#61 » by SCTwins » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:09 am

FREE LEO

Him and Nowell watching from the bench like....
Muskies97
Junior
And1: 304

Post#62 » by Muskies97 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:20 am

I kinda feel bad for Layman. Seems like everyone has collectively forgotten that he's on the team
Dalvin
Rookie
And1: 860

Post#63 » by Dalvin » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:27 am

Most fun game of the season so far. Hope they can keep them under a 100 for this game as well
shrink wrote:Good point, and welcome to the boards.
Dalvin
Rookie
And1: 860

Post#64 » by Dalvin » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:32 am

Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrooooooo!!!! Largest margin of victory in the league this season! 3 game winning streak! More games like this please :lol:
shrink wrote:Good point, and welcome to the boards.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#65 » by Calinks » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:33 am

Biggest win by a team in the NBA this season! 3 game win streak! One step closer to .500~ We finally smash those damn Grizzlies! Wolves win!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,962

Post#66 » by wolves_89 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:35 am

It's really nice to see the bench come in and play well during garbage time. If given a chance, I could see Bolmaro, Knight, and Nowell making a case that they should be rotation players.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,945

Post#67 » by Nick K » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:46 am

AARROOOOOOO!
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,297

Post#68 » by winforlose » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:48 am

Worm Guts wrote:We probably don’t need to score another point the rest of the game.

I don’t know what is better, that we scored 138 or that you were right and we didn’t need to score a single point in the fourth quarter to win.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,772

Post#69 » by life_saver » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:01 am

Wolves now have 6th best net rating in West but are currently 10th place in standings...should have won atleast one of the close games..lost all the 3 close games against Nuggets, Suns, Grizzlies (this was really the worst loss where they blew 16 pt lead in final quarter).
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,827

Post#70 » by Domejandro » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:01 am

Really happy to see Minnesota keep the lead over forty. I like Finch keeping the backups in for a bit and trickling in the third-string. It's nice to give the backups a good run together to build a bit of continuity.
DeBouillon
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#71 » by DeBouillon » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:43 am

I have a reply for everyone saying give this guy or that guy more minutes. As a coach you search for the right rotation. I liked the 9 man rotation Finch had tonight. This is the NBA. It's less about feelings and more about winning. If Finch thought other guys fit into the rotation he would put them in the rotation. I thought when the non-rotation guys did get in there they looked pretty hungry. That's what you want. Minutes are not given, they are earned.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#72 » by winforlose » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:49 am

DeBouillon wrote:I have a reply for everyone saying give this guy or that guy more minutes. As a coach you search for the right rotation. I liked the 9 man rotation Finch had tonight. This is the NBA. It's less about feelings and more about winning. If Finch thought other guys fit into the rotation he would put them in the rotation. I thought when the non-rotation guys did get in there they looked pretty hungry. That's what you want. Minutes are not given, they are earned.

Dlo and Ant paired well together. Food for thought for Finch moving forward. I agree that rotations need to be geared for winning above all else, but I feel it is important to point something out. When a guy doesn’t get enough minutes he often finds himself either out of shape or for lack of a better term out of rhythm. When you can it is usually better to play 10 and give the five reserves reasonable minutes to keep them engaged. That said, if one of the guys is just not getting it done I am open to the possibility of replacing them or shortening the rotation for a while to show them they need to work harder in practice and in their spare time to earn their way back in.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#73 » by UnFadeable21 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:00 am

D’Angelo Russell: “I think the Minnesota fanbase is capable and ready to explode if we keep stringing wins together. We’re an exciting team to watch. If we win at the end of the game, I think they’re ready to explode and cheer for us. We need that every game.”
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#74 » by Calinks » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:24 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:D’Angelo Russell: “I think the Minnesota fanbase is capable and ready to explode if we keep stringing wins together. We’re an exciting team to watch. If we win at the end of the game, I think they’re ready to explode and cheer for us. We need that every game.”

He's right. The fans are certainly ready they are just waiting on the team to show up.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
DeBouillon
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#75 » by DeBouillon » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:33 am

winforlose wrote:
DeBouillon wrote:I have a reply for everyone saying give this guy or that guy more minutes. As a coach you search for the right rotation. I liked the 9 man rotation Finch had tonight. This is the NBA. It's less about feelings and more about winning. If Finch thought other guys fit into the rotation he would put them in the rotation. I thought when the non-rotation guys did get in there they looked pretty hungry. That's what you want. Minutes are not given, they are earned.

Dlo and Ant paired well together. Food for thought for Finch moving forward. I agree that rotations need to be geared for winning above all else, but I feel it is important to point something out. When a guy doesn’t get enough minutes he often finds himself either out of shape or for lack of a better term out of rhythm. When you can it is usually better to play 10 and give the five reserves reasonable minutes to keep them engaged. That said, if one of the guys is just not getting it done I am open to the possibility of replacing them or shortening the rotation for a while to show them they need to work harder in practice and in their spare time to earn their way back in.

I agree with the out of rhythm rather than the out of shape comment you made. There is very little substitute for playing at a "game speed." If the guys are really hungry for minutes then the practices can be closer to game speed, but very tough to get to that level in a professional practice. If they let themselves get out of physical shape they will be starving even more for game time. I say stay with the 9 man rotation personally.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#76 » by winforlose » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:48 am

DeBouillon wrote:
winforlose wrote:

I agree with the out of rhythm rather than the out of shape comment you made. There is very little substitute for playing at a "game speed." If the guys are really hungry for minutes then the practices can be closer to game speed, but very tough to get to that level in a professional practice. If they let themselves get out of physical shape they will be starving even more for game time. I say stay with the 9 man rotation personally.

I want to clarify, when I said out of shape I meant out of game shape. Beasley for example was said to have come to camp out of shape. Likewise Juancho was out of shape last year. This doesn’t necessarily mean fat or low muscle, it refers more to the ability to play at the pace we want to establish and still play effectively. It is like you said there is very little substitute for playing at game speed.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#77 » by UnFadeable21 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:51 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Wolves players celebrating a Jarret Culver air ball lololol
SCTwins
Rookie
And1: 884

Post#78 » by SCTwins » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:57 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I feel bad for Culver. Even after he turned into a bust, I though he had enough tools to be at least decent. Now I think he'll be out of the league soon.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,703

Post#79 » by minimus » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:21 am

SCTwins wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I feel bad for Culver. Even after he turned into a bust, I though he had enough tools to be at least decent. Now I think he'll be out of the league soon.

The same. He is a good kid, good character, I hope he finds his way in NBA
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,703

Post#80 » by minimus » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:23 am

Muskies97 wrote:I kinda feel bad for Layman. Seems like everyone has collectively forgotten that he's on the team

I have a feeling that he will see some minutes after trade deadline.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves