Image ImageImage Image

Woj: GM's trying to form association

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,937
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Woj: GM's trying to form association  

Post#1 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:51 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Re: Woj: GM's trying to form association 

Post#2 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:06 pm

Suck it Adam silver, we didn’t tamper ****
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,206

Post#3 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:10 pm

Kinda makes sense. The problem with big money high profile jobs, from the GM's to the players, it is oft short lived, because it is always so high stakes. With cancel culture, it is pretty easy to fire anyone on any grounds right or wrong. I mean Sterling it was absolutely right, but some owners can twist this to fire guys and not honor the contract and that is what it is looking like they are tryin to protect. They can out pay the guy who has the job, and the legal fees will still amount to less than the rest of the owed salary in a lot of cases.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#4 » by TheFinishSniper » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:28 pm

It makes sense but in same time I am not agreeing or disagreeing with it. There are only 30 GM jobs in league. Which makes this high profile job. Nobody around league is protecting GM's because usually they are 2nd in power command behind owners. Players have their own association, coaches have same so it makes sense GM would have it also.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,508

Post#5 » by DuckIII » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:42 pm

Sure. Why not?
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#6 » by MrFortune3 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:51 am

I can only imagine what the eventual president of the NBAGMA will say when defending their clients.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,690

Post#7 » by GoBlue72391 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:11 pm

MrFortune3 wrote:I can only imagine what the eventual president of the NBAGMA will say when defending their clients.

How deep is this going to go? Are the Assistant GMs going to create an Assistant GM association or are they included under the regular GM association? What about VP of Basketball Ops? Presidents? Scouts? Trainers? Etc.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#8 » by MrFortune3 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:25 am

GoBlue72391 wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:I can only imagine what the eventual president of the NBAGMA will say when defending their clients.

How deep is this going to go? Are the Assistant GMs going to create an Assistant GM association or are they included under the regular GM association? What about VP of Basketball Ops? Presidents? Scouts? Trainers? Etc.

That is a very good question. I imagine the first members would be GM's and Presidents(and VP)of basketball ops.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#9 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:31 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:Kinda makes sense. The problem with big money high profile jobs, from the GM's to the players, it is oft short lived, because it is always so high stakes. With cancel culture, it is pretty easy to fire anyone on any grounds right or wrong. I mean Sterling it was absolutely right, but some owners can twist this to fire guys and not honor the contract and that is what it is looking like they are tryin to protect. They can out pay the guy who has the job, and the legal fees will still amount to less than the rest of the owed salary in a lot of cases.

Actions have consequences.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston

Return to Chicago Bulls