Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Nwora in protocols

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#461 » by 4xBuck » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:01 am

Why not bring in Okafor on a 10 day?!?

Obviously he's a FA for a reason(s), yet he's still a young mobile big with great length that has the talent of a #2 pick. Just maybe the Buck's culture rubs off on him?!?

:dontknow:
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,355

Post#462 » by ackypoo » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:20 am

Ron Swanson wrote:I guess I don't really care about the Brook timetable when we're 5 months away from the playoffs. He's back when he's back. In the meantime, let's get Operation "Get the T-Wolves' Big Man to Milwaukee" underway.

I'm of course, talking about Naz Reid.

how closely does his game resemble the once realgm milwaukee bucks boards beloved kyle o quinn?
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,256

Post#463 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:53 am

This is from the offseason. "Progressing" seems to be their go to line for "we're not going to say anything".

Read on Twitter
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 403

Post#464 » by PANDEMONEUM » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:42 am

seeing the Bucks without a real center,
even with BroLo returning,
i think we need another.
but, how do we get someone, of some value?

if we were to offer or trade our benchers, thats not going to be great return.
Donte 4.7
Hood 2.25
Semi 1.8
Nwora 1.6
Georgios 1

if wer trading away Donte, then we need to play Nwora more, just in case hes needed.

not much value in Centers making 8$M or less

IDK if these guys get mins or are basically dead
8.6$ Thomas Bryant. expiring deal. acl injury.
6.9$ Juan Hernangomez. not really big enough or center enough.
6.4 Khem Birch. big enough ?
5 Robin Loepz. as we saw on 11/21 v the Magic, he only got in the game when they were down by 20p
4.1 WCS. does he play for the mavs, or is just a bench rando ?
3.8 Alex Len. Kings. has a 2yr deal.
2.7 Ed Davis
2.5 Trey Lyles
2.4 Cody Zeller
Willy Hernangomez, Bol Bol, Jahil Okafor, Tony Bradley, Isaiah Hartenstein
slos
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#465 » by slos » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:42 am

Still my favorite deal is another one with Memphis.

Clarke for Hood, Semi, two 2nds and 2022 FRP swap (Bucks get the worse from own/MEM/LAL/UTA)

This will make Milwaukee 10 deep and it also opens another spot for the buyout market.

Jrue/Hill
Allen/DDV
Midds/Pat
Giannis/Clarke
Lopez/Portis
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#466 » by LuessiT » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:08 am

4xBuck wrote:Why not bring in Okafor on a 10 day?!?

Obviously he's a FA for a reason(s), yet he's still a young mobile big with great length that has the talent of a #2 pick. Just maybe the Buck's culture rubs off on him?!?

Can't sign 10 days yet.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#467 » by Prez » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:09 pm

Any chance we could get a good playoff caliber starting C for a package of Brook/Donte/Nwora? Hopefully by Dec 15 at least one of Brook/Donte gets on court and can show something.

Turner would be cool but doesn’t seem likely
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#468 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:14 pm

Sure would be nice to have a trade salary on the roster around oh I don't know maybe like $7-10 million who could provide some pretty good minutes on his own.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
flaco
Starter
And1: 858

Post#469 » by flaco » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:31 pm

Prez wrote:Any chance we could get a good playoff caliber starting C for a package of Brook/Donte/Nwora? Hopefully by Dec 15 at least one of Brook/Donte gets on court and can show something.

Turner would be cool but doesn’t seem likely

If DDV comes back relatively soon and plays at a high level, perhaps the Magic would consider trading Bamba for DDV+Nwora. As things stand right now, they start two Centers in Bamba and Carter Jr. I bet they plan to bench one of them once Isaac recovers from his injury.

Imagine pairing two freaks of nature in Giannis and Bamba. The defense would be ridiculously good!
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,570

Post#470 » by JayMKE » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:10 pm

I'm not sure we're going to find or need to find a long term 5 going forward this season, I think bringing back Robin on the cheap seems realistic and would give us some rim protection and big body to bang with opposing bigs. I thought we need some insurance at the beginning of the season for Brook since after him we really only have Giannis. Don't need any more 6'5" guys trying to guard 7 footers, bringing in Semi looking like a blunder when he's not even better than even Thanasis.
FREE GIANNIS
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#471 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:56 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Sure would be nice to have a trade salary on the roster around oh I don't know maybe like $7-10 million who could provide some pretty good minutes on his own.

The family had other non-basketball spending priorities this year. But yes, the decision to not bring PJ back may haunt us in the end. Still, maybe Horst can figure something out from a team that wants to take a flyer on DDV.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#472 » by raferfenix » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:35 pm

So the Kings firing Walton is an obvious act of desperation.

We know they at least liked Donte.

Not sure if there are any straight swaps that would make sense but maybe a 3-way trade?

If Sacramento ends up trading one or two of their guards for Simmons or whoever else they’d have a need.

Read on Twitter
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,517

Post#473 » by drone3 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:21 am

raferfenix wrote:So the Kings firing Walton is an obvious act of desperation.

We know they at least liked Donte.

Not sure if there are any straight swaps that would make sense but maybe a 3-way trade?

If Sacramento ends up trading one or two of their guards for Simmons or whoever else they’d have a need.

Read on Twitter
They are pretty high on Davion Mitchell, not sure why they would still want a hobbling Donte
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#474 » by 4xBuck » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:44 am

LuessiT wrote:
4xBuck wrote:Why not bring in Okafor on a 10 day?!?

Can't sign 10 days yet.

Ah, that's right, thanks. It's early in January if it's the normal rules.

Need another big somehow.
flaco
Starter
And1: 858

Post#475 » by flaco » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:33 pm

Fwiw, I posted the ''Bamba for DDV+Nwora'' idea in the Magic forum. Plenty of Magic fans think it's a fair trade. Bamba had a bad game yesterday, but so did pretty much the whole Magic team. If we could swap DDV+filler for Bamba, I'd pull the trigger.

Alternatively, how about Bol Bol? Just like Bamba, he's a rim protector who spaces the floor on offense. He hardly ever plays for the Nuggets. I bet they are willing to trade him for pennies on the dollar. Obviously, he ain't a win-now player. To a lesser extent, the same goes for Bamba. Hopefully, BroLo will come back in the not-too-distant future.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,570

Post#476 » by JayMKE » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:57 pm

I dont think our movable pieces are worth all that much, i dont know why a team would trade for Brook/DDV/or Nwora rn.

DDV coming back and lighting it up more than Pat/Grayson seems unlikely to me
FREE GIANNIS
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#477 » by raferfenix » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:40 pm

The problem with Donte trades is the Bucks could really use an athletic defensive minded combo guard right now.

He’s not a great shooter or distributor but he’s capable enough for a rotation player.

That’s where we would need another team to highly value Donte to make a deal worthwhile. Which is possible! The fit in the starting lineup alongside Holiday isn’t ideal particularly since Giannis needs shooters around him, but other teams won’t have that same situation, much less the luxury tax financial ramifications.

I imagine the Bucks would feel fine maintaining a high asking price even if we don’t plan to extend Donte, especially if we think a sign and trade or him taking the QO might be options.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#478 » by Jez2983 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:08 pm

raferfenix wrote:The problem with Donte trades is the Bucks could really use an athletic defensive minded combo guard right now.

He’s not a great shooter or distributor but he’s capable enough for a rotation player.

That’s where we would need another team to highly value Donte to make a deal worthwhile. Which is possible! The fit in the starting lineup alongside Holiday isn’t ideal particularly since Giannis needs shooters around him, but other teams won’t have that same situation, much less the luxury tax financial ramifications.

I imagine the Bucks would feel fine maintaining a high asking price even if we don’t plan to extend Donte, especially if we think a sign and trade or him taking the QO might be options.

I think our best hope is that Donte comes back and isn't a liability, then we resign him for an under market value contract that he then outperforms, like Pat.

Pat was flying past dudes on the three point line, missing open threes and so on before his last contract. I'm definitely happy to give Donte time if we get a good deal on him, he's the type of player we need.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
TheWig
Sixth Man
And1: 593

Post#479 » by TheWig » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:26 pm

So when are the bucks going to do something (raise money, etc.) other then a social media post for the incident that occurred in Waukesha? Brewers already stepped up, JJ watt is covering the funeral expenses, but where are the bucks being involved if I’m not correct?
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,051

Post#480 » by BigO » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:35 pm

The only similar player to Brook I'd be interested in is Myles Turner. Stretch big who can guard the paint. But we have nothing to offer the Pacers in return that would make sense.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks