The TRADE Thread 2021

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#541 » by sacking123 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:21 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
simonbampfield wrote:The problem with any Fox trade is a #1 guy needs to be coming back.
If you trade Fox for Simmons there are two glaring problems.
You don't have a #1 or #2 option and Holmes can't be the starting 5 (or should I say most minutes at 5), plain and simple.

So if it's Fox for Simmons then a trade for another player plus 2-3 firsts needs to be done for a #1 guy, preferably not Hali or Barnes IMO.
If it's say Mitchell/#1/#1/Bagley/Thompson (third team) for Jaylen Brown as the framework I could be down with that despite the 5 position still needing work. A lot of line ups wont require Holmes at the 5. If you can swing a deal for a shooting big like Olynyk (while keeping Holmes) then that would be good.

9 man rotation (more likely using 8 without Len).
Simmons/Davis
Hali/Buddy
Brown/
Barnes/Harkless
Holmes/Len

If that Jaylen Brown deal was available, id just skip the rest of the trades and go straight for that.

Fox/
Hali/Buddy
Jaylen/Harkless
Barnes/Metu
Holmes/Len

Mitchell has grown on me. But Jaylen Brown takes a ton of pressure off Fox and provides a true elite scorer.

Excellent point. Yes that would be better.
That’s the type of trade Monte is gearing up for IMO. I’m hoping they can keep Buddy around in this role.
If another pick needs to be added to that trade then so be it, but it’s obvious this team needs more scoring in the starting line up.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,747

Post#542 » by Larry_Russell » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:57 am

How married to Davion Mitchell are you all at this point in time?

Would Nesmith and Pritchard be enough to get him while adding expiring and taking Bagley off your hands as well?
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#543 » by kalenclayton » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:27 am

Larry_Russell wrote:How married to Davion Mitchell are you all at this point in time?

Would Nesmith and Pritchard be enough to get him while adding expiring and taking Bagley off your hands as well?

Realistically, a rookie drafted in the lottery doesn’t get moved unless it’s for someone of high regard. I’m talking about a high profile trade. I don’t see Nesmith or Pritchard being those guys. Not only that, but I think Davion is flat out better than them. It’s not a question to me. As the Kings see it, they really like Davion. McNair has spoken highly of him and was ecstatic when he “fell” to the Kings in the draft. Regarding fit, I see Davion as an integral piece to the Kings moving forward whereas Pritchard and Nesmith would be bench role players with not as high of a ceiling.

The Bagley thing is separate. He will be moved as a salary piece. The Kings are not dumping him for the sake of dumping him unless nothing comes up at the deadline. He’s likely salary filler for a big trade.
flaco
Starter
And1: 839

Post#544 » by flaco » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:40 pm

Yet another Celtics fan here. What's more likely to happen till the trade deadline?

- pigs fly
- hell freezes over
- the Kings trade Haliburton to the Celtics

I mean, you already got Fox and Mitchell. Any chance Haliburton becomes expendable?
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#545 » by kalenclayton » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:00 pm

flaco wrote:Yet another Celtics fan here. What's more likely to happen till the trade deadline?

- pigs fly
- hell freezes over

I mean, you already got Fox and Mitchell. Any chance Haliburton becomes expendable?

Pigs flying, causing hell to freeze over.

Hali isn’t the one whose expendable. It’s Fox/Mitchell. Hali is the better contract and he’s a guy who plays winning basketball. I’d argue he’s the best winning contributor on the team next to Barnes.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#546 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:02 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:How married to Davion Mitchell are you all at this point in time?

Id say Mitchell could be had in a deal for a star. How attached are you to Jaylen Brown?

Bagley/Mitchell/ 2 1sts + re routing Tristan to a 3rd team for Jaylen Brown.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#547 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:03 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
flaco wrote:Yet another Celtics fan here. What's more likely to happen till the trade deadline?

- pigs fly
- hell freezes over

Pigs flying, causing hell to freeze over.

Hali isn’t the one whose expendable. It’s Fox/Mitchell. Hali is the better contract and he’s a guy who plays winning basketball. I’d argue he’s the best winning contributor on the team next to Barnes.

Agreed. Hali is the last on the team to be traded
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#548 » by BoogieTime » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:02 pm

Fox is the first to go between Hali/Mitchell/Fox (Actually, Fox doesn't play winning basketball, especially on that deal, and needs to go for me anyways)

Its been that way for me the entire time
OscarH
Sophomore
And1: 31

Post#549 » by OscarH » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:40 pm

If have to trade a guard It would be Mitchell for me, only a year younger than Fox and he is a way off from being a starter right now. But I think all 3 can be fine with atleast middling coaching.

Nekias Duncan had an intresting point regarding Davion as a 6th man stopper as more vauble for his D skill set at leats right now.

I think the most interesting decision this year will be weather selling HB off in his prime to a contender for an upside swing on a wing.
Seen on T&T boards a HB for Reddish and Gallo (I think Reddish best case is HB now, but that's year off) or a Bulls go all in on Derozan years and go HB for Pat Will and DJJ.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#550 » by BoogieTime » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:19 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Id say Mitchell could be had in a deal for a star. How attached are you to Jaylen Brown?

Bagley/Mitchell/ 2 1sts + re routing Tristan to a 3rd team for Jaylen Brown.

Hes one of their two best players, who is having a good year, is there a reason they wouldnt be married?
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,250

Post#551 » by JRoy » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:14 pm

[gfycat][/gfycat]
BoogieTime wrote:Fox is the first to go between Hali/Mitchell/Fox (Actually, Fox doesn't play winning basketball, especially on that deal, and needs to go for me anyways)

Fox is fools gold but still has a lot of value around the league. Maybe send him to IND for Turner?
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#552 » by BoogieTime » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:39 pm

JRoy wrote:[gfycat][/gfycat]
BoogieTime wrote:Fox is the first to go between Hali/Mitchell/Fox (Actually, Fox doesn't play winning basketball, especially on that deal, and needs to go for me anyways)

Fox is fools gold but still has a lot of value around the league. Maybe send him to IND for Turner?

Myles has been playing great ball this season, so a bit tempting. Id be hesitant that he will be a non RFA after next year. Also, Richaun is only 2.5 years younger. Myles has been somewhat sizably better this season, though not always, and not sure I see starting center as big of a need
JRoy
RealGM

Post#553 » by JRoy » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:21 pm

BoogieTime wrote:

Myles has been playing great ball this season, so a bit tempting. Id be hesitant that he will be a non RFA after next year. Also, Richaun is only 2.5 years younger. Myles has been somewhat sizably better this season, though not always, and not sure I see starting center as big of a need

Who would qualify as a better target for SAC?
Edrees wrote:

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#554 » by BoogieTime » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:34 pm

JRoy wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

I'm not sure we could move him now for high value, the way he has looked so far this season. As of now, if the Kings tried to peddle him, given that contract, the return may not justify. I think we are going to have to wait for him to play quality ball again

With that said, I've supported the Fox/Simmons swap, and there is a world where the Sixers aren't receiving any good offers at all and are just sick of Simmons presence, to pinch their noses at how Fox has looked so far this season and make the swap if we sweeten it with a well playing Harrison Barnes or something
JRoy
RealGM

Post#555 » by JRoy » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:54 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
JRoy wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

I'm not sure we could move him now for high value, the way he has looked so far this season. As of now, if the Kings tried to peddle him, given that contract, the return may not justify. I think we are going to have to wait for him to play quality ball again

With that said, I've supported the Fox/Simmons swap, and there is a world where the Sixers aren't receiving any good offers at all and are just sick of Simmons presence, to pinch their noses at how Fox has looked so far this season and make the swap if we sweeten it with a well playing Harrison Barnes or something

That would upgrade the perimeter defense for SAC but YSBS is useless off ball.
Edrees wrote:

treerollins
Senior
And1: 290

Post#556 » by treerollins » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:48 pm

As a Raptors fan I want to send Siakam for Fox. I think it could make both teams better.
It could also be Siakam & Dragic for Fox & Bagley if you want to keep positional balance & get some maturity on the bench.

On the Toronto side it would probably necessitate a second trade of VanVleet for a starting C so I'm getting nowhere suggesting this on the Raptors forum. Just thought I'd see what Kings fans think of this return.
waiting for ai referees
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#557 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:55 pm

treerollins wrote:As a Raptors fan I want to send Siakam for Fox. I think it could make both teams better.
It could also be Siakam & Dragic for Fox & Bagley if you want to keep positional balance & get some maturity on the bench.

On the Toronto side it would probably necessitate a second trade of VanVleet for a starting C so I'm getting nowhere suggesting this on the Raptors forum. Just thought I'd see what Kings fans think of this return.

At this point id pass pretty easily. I think we need to see Fox with a semi decent coach.

I've actually heard a lot of people suggest Pringles. I like that idea as a fast pace winning coach who almost always makes the playoffs, and knows how to utilize someone with Foxs strengths.

Id do Mitchell for Siakam (with Bagley/Tristan as the filler)
OscarH
Sophomore
And1: 31

Post#558 » by OscarH » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:14 pm

Sam Amick on Deuce and Mo podcast post firing dropped an intresting bit of info. Davion did'nt work out for Sac pre draft and his camp did'nt want him there as hard path to starting. I'm guessing that's where we keep hearing how do the 3 guards work stories.

On that Gentry in NOP started 3 guards.
19-20 - Jrue, Lonzo with Reddick or Josh Hart
18-19 - Jrue, Elfrid Payton with E’Twaun Moore or Frank Jackson
17-18 - Jrue, Rondo and Moore
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#559 » by sacking123 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:27 pm

OscarH wrote:Sam Amick on Deuce and Mo podcast post firing dropped an intresting bit of info. Davion did'nt work out for Sac pre draft and his camp did'nt want him there as hard path to starting. I'm guessing that's where we keep hearing how do the 3 guards work stories.

On that Gentry in NOP started 3 guards.
19-20 - Jrue, Lonzo with Reddick or Josh Hart
18-19 - Jrue, Elfrid Payton with E’Twaun Moore or Frank Jackson
17-18 - Jrue, Rondo and Moore

Well I would like to see them try and make that work.
Davion/Hali/Fox/Barnes/Holmes

Will get killed on the boards, but we already seem to give up too many anyway.
Fox doesn't want to defend so put him on the weakest and go from there.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#560 » by jeffjtk1234 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:28 am

Fox isn’t an off-ball guard and neither is Davion soooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Sacramento Kings