ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions, 2022 Edition

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Re: Offseason Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread Take 2 

Post#401 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:47 am

You folks talk a lot about getting a star. Julius Randle proved last season that he was a star. He made the All Star team and he made All-NBA 3rd Team.

I think what you mean is that we need to get a Unicorn.

Free Palestine
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Re: Offseason Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread Take 2 

Post#402 » by bearadonisdna » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:17 pm

Did you know you could kemba straight up for Westbrook ?
The thing is Westbrook would have this team .500 by himself practically .
TheDavinciCHODE
Sixth Man
And1: 1,860

Would You Trade Mitch at the Deadline? 

Post#403 » by TheDavinciCHODE » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:02 pm

I know there's a trade ideas thread, but I think this should have one of its own.

First: I love Mitch. At the beginning of last season, I said he was our best prospect simply because an athletic, rim protecting center is always in demand around the league and can play deep into the playoffs.

But...

He can never stay healthy and he's about to get paid. Noel got 13, there's no way Mitch is taking less than 17-18. Not that I care about Dolan's money, and I think that deal could be tradeable down the line, but you know what I mean.

Reasons for: Getting a big deal, can't stay healthy, seems to have regressed, defensive centers can be found on the cheap

Reasons against: Legit rim protector with special upside, value is at its low right now, we saw what happened in the playoffs without him

I'm not in a rush to trade him, since I really think he can be a special player who can protect the rim, hold is own on the perimeter, and catch lobs/finish. But if he starts demanding big money and isn't showing it on the court by the deadline, we have a real decision to make.

Where do y'all stand on him now?

Potential trade targets: Marcus Smart? Dort? Myles Turner or Malcolm Brogdan?

just a thought
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Re: Would You Trade Mitch at the Deadline? 

Post#404 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:06 pm

Yup. Nothing special
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,024

Post#405 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:13 pm

TheDavinciCHODE wrote:

just a thought

He's not getting these type of returns, gotta be more realistic. The time to move him was 2 yrs ago, now he's close to a new contract while being injury prone, ontop of that just look at all the teams around the league and almost all of them have staring C's already.

I'd see if the Wolves would do Jaden McDaniels for him, but even that seems like a stretch.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,691

Post#406 » by Fat » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:42 pm

Yes he is not untouchable
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,045

Post#407 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:49 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
TheDavinciCHODE wrote:

just a thought

He's not getting these type of returns, gotta be more realistic. The time to move him was 2 yrs ago, now he's close to a new contract while being injury prone, ontop of that just look at all the teams around the league and almost all of them have staring C's already.

I'd see if the Wolves would do Jaden McDaniels for him, but even that seems like a stretch.

sham realizing he destroyed Mitch’s career
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,313

Post#408 » by duetta » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:12 pm

Why did you think this question deserved its own tread?
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#409 » by br7knicks » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:56 pm

RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#410 » by br7knicks » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:58 pm

duetta wrote:Why did you think this question deserved its own tread?

when i saw this thread, i thought it was

nbabrothers
randlescornrows
nixinsix

ever since nykmentality left, those guys have taken his spot as thinking every thought they have deserves a new thread, instead of just using one of the stickied ones like the rest of us
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#411 » by HEZI » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:30 pm

Who is trading for him? He's a backup on almost every other team and with his contract situation he will be looking to get paid and most teams already have cheaper options better than him.

Would definitely look to dump him though. Maybe Dallas will have interest since they love our trash
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#412 » by robillionaire » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:30 pm

yes, yes, yes, and a million times yes
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#413 » by robillionaire » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:32 pm

HEZI wrote:Who is trading for him? He's a backup on almost every other team and with his contract situation he will be looking to get paid and most teams already have cheaper options better than him.

Would definitely look to dump him though. Maybe Dallas will have interest since they love our trash

I'm sure someone would have interest even as just a backup big if they have a need. Not to say they'd give us much anyway but we should take whatever we can get even if it's just distant future picks we can use for another trade later on down the road
HEZI
RealGM

Post#414 » by HEZI » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:34 pm

robillionaire wrote:
HEZI wrote:Who is trading for him? He's a backup on almost every other team and with his contract situation he will be looking to get paid and most teams already have cheaper options better than him.

I'm sure someone would have interest even as just a backup big if they have a need. Not to say they'd give us much anyway but we should take whatever we can get even if it's just distant future picks we can use for another trade later on down the road

Agreed we should take anything we can get. We should have got at least a 2nd for Ntilikina when we had a chance but ended up not even being able to get that. So I'd rather get at least that
DENVER NUGGETS
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#415 » by robillionaire » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:39 pm

HEZI wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Agreed we should take anything we can get. We should have got at least a 2nd for Ntilikina when we had a chance but ended up not even being able to get that. So I'd rather get at least that

there were rumors we were trying to trade frank for a 2nd round pick after his 2nd year in the league and couldn't find any takers

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2842033-knicks-trade-rumors-frank-ntilikina-being-shopped-for-2nd-round-pick-in-draft
HEZI
RealGM

Post#416 » by HEZI » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:43 pm

robillionaire wrote:
HEZI wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

there were rumors we were trying to trade frank for a 2nd round pick after his 2nd year in the league and couldn't find any takers

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2842033-knicks-trade-rumors-frank-ntilikina-being-shopped-for-2nd-round-pick-in-draft

Yeah I remember that :lol:
DENVER NUGGETS
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,559

Post#417 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:37 pm

Smh... Yall wanna trade Mitch when Noel has played 5 games all season

Mitch has played in 15, he's missed one game (after coming back from foot surgery) for those that wanna label him injury prone
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#418 » by dakomish23 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:53 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:Smh... Yall wanna trade Mitch when Noel has played 5 games all season

Mitch has played in 15, he's missed one game (after coming back from foot surgery) for those that wanna label him injury prone

Context is not important for the what have you done for me lately crowd.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,974

Post#419 » by Richard4444 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:02 pm

I think it is one of the most important decisions of the season. The answer is: depends on the trade.

1) Trading of a star: Of course.

2) Trading him if he refuses a reasonable extension (anyone knows the deadline?): Yes. I don't think we would get a better price in the Free Agency being a UFA even with full birds rights.

3) How much we should offer him in the extension? Should we try trading him before offering him an extension? Depends on his performance/durability and what can we get for him.

4)Can Noel start? Can we get a starting center without cap space, MLE value or do we have to trade for one? I don't think Noel can start. It will be hard to get a starting Center for MLE. Bamba and Claxton are RFA. Harrel and Nurkic will demand more money. Our best options would be: Drummond, Byrant, or Bobby Portis. But Thibs likes rin runners.

By the way, Noel signed for 27,7M/3. The third year is TO. And there is unlikely bonus
2021-22: LTBE: $0, ULTBE: $1,320,000 (>=70 regular season games + >=75% playoff games + Finals, DPOY, All-Defense)
2022-23: LTBE: $0, ULTBE: $1,386,000 (>=70 regular season games + >=75% playoff games + Finals, DPOY, All-Defense)
2023-24: LTBE: $0, ULTBE: $1,452,000 (>=70 regular season games + >=75% playoff games + Finals, DPOY, All-Defense)

5) What can we get for him? He is essentially an expiring contract (with full birds). So, the new team must be sure he is willing to resign next season to be a good bet. I dont think he would bring us great value.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,559

Post#420 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:08 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:Smh... Yall wanna trade Mitch when Noel has played 5 games all season

Context is not important for the what have you done for me lately crowd.

Yea let's forget that w.o Mitch we're a lottery team this season

Return to New York Knicks