Image ImageImage Image

what can Coby white and Pwill bring back?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Krazykiwi
Senior
And1: 551

what can Coby white and Pwill bring back? 

Post#1 » by Krazykiwi » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:31 pm

If the Bulls trade Coby White and Pwill, which PF can the Bulls expected to get back? I think someone like Arron Gordon would be a good fit on the Bulls, but obviously the Nuggets aren't trading him, so who can the Bulls expect to get back for Coby and Pwill that would be a good fit on the Bulls?
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,503

Re: what can Coby white and Pwill bring back? 

Post#2 » by DuckIII » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:41 pm

I cannot imagine anyone offering anything for those 2 that is worth more than their potential. Both of them most certainly have useless trade value right now.

Flipping the question, if you were another team what would you offer? I wouldn’t offer anything more than role players. And we don’t need role players.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Devinpo
Junior
And1: 189

Post#3 » by Devinpo » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:47 pm

DuckIII wrote:I cannot imagine anyone offering anything for those 2 that is worth more than their potential. Both of them most certainly have useless trade value right now.

Flipping the question, if you were another team what would you offer? I wouldn’t offer anything more than role players. And we don’t need role players.

Tbh I don’t think pwill can reach his potential because he just doesn’t have that dog in him. Ayo is playing fearless and has brought more to the table than pat has. Coby is rusty but we know when he gets hot he is a poor man’s Ben Gordon. I haven’t given up on Coby but I’m willing to let pwill go.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#4 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:50 pm

Nothing. We need to keep abs develop them.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,037

Post#5 » by NecessaryEvil » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:50 pm

No one is going to trade for Pat until he proves he's healthy again, so you're looking at next season at the very least.

Coby is trash right now but has a chance to inflate his value before the feb 10th trade deadline.

So right now, I'd say they'll bring back absolutely nothing.
imagge
Lead Assistant
And1: 687

Post#6 » by imagge » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:06 pm

DuckIII wrote:I cannot imagine anyone offering anything for those 2 that is worth more than their potential. Both of them most certainly have useless trade value right now.

This is what is interesting, rookies on rookie deals value is their perceived potential on a cheap price. Most here think of trade value as what the market bears that day. NBA GMs play this game like the stock market, there are 2 very real questions

1. What is the perceived potential of Coby and PWill
answer (in my opinion): Coby = a deadly shooter that can be Lou Will, J Crawford off the bench at a young age. Pwill is 6'8 multi positional, athletic un tapped potential player. In todays game where not having a set position offers a ton of intrigue about where a player can fit.

2. What player on another team fits equal value:
answer: dynamic bench player/5th starter already establish who he is as a player in the league with no more room for growth, is this type of player worth the trade, this depends on the view of the team and where the team is at in its development which at this point is still in the very beginning stages for the Bulls.....The Bulls are not contenders that needs 1 more piece. Below that is another un tapped potential player, is this type of player worth giving up 2 of the same, if 1 or both develop into their potential is the trade needed?

AKME will play the long game, they have invested in the team now is the time to let the team mature before you make another move.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#7 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:13 pm

Devinpo wrote:

Tbh I don’t think pwill can reach his potential because he just doesn’t have that dog in him. Ayo is playing fearless and has brought more to the table than pat has. Coby is rusty but we know when he gets hot he is a poor man’s Ben Gordon. I haven’t given up on Coby but I’m willing to let pwill go.

I’m not giving up Williams. He has played 1 season.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#8 » by sco » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:56 pm

If they are playing like the best versions of what we've seen so far, I think, combined, they could bring back a near-allstar. That said, Coby looks to be far from "that guy" right now, and I'm doubtfull he gets back to that level by the deadline. Pat, likely isn't on the court by then, and even if he is, he'll look like crap for 2 months after that.

So we're talking the offseason at the soonest. I think what happens in the playoffs could be a catalyst for a trade, depending on how far we get and what perceived hole(s) needs filling. But even then, I don't think they will have recovered enough trade value to fetch my original premise.
:clap:
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,313

Post#9 » by Mbrahv0528 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:07 pm

Krazykiwi wrote:If the Bulls trade Coby White and Pwill, which PF can the Bulls expected to get back? I think someone like Arron Gordon would be a good fit on the Bulls, but obviously the Nuggets aren't trading him, so who can the Bulls expect to get back for Coby and Pwill that would be a good fit on the Bulls?
Lol.

Sent from my SM-F707U using RealGM mobile app
Devinpo
Junior
And1: 189

Post#10 » by Devinpo » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:15 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Devinpo wrote:

That’s true. I’m most likely wrong about my assessment on him. I hope he does prove me wrong he just seems very timid. I wish he played with confidence like a 2nd rounder like ayo
eierluke
Lead Assistant
And1: 87

Post#11 » by eierluke » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:20 pm

Right now both are just worth their salary we can throw in when we trade for a qualitay power foward by deadline.
sven petersson
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,355

Post#12 » by pipfan » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:37 pm

I disagree-PWIll still has strong value, especially to a rebuilding team. The guy has clear talent, and works hard. I wanted him from the start of the 2020 draft process but I have been disappointed in his timid play. However, to a team like Detroit (Grant), Hou (Wood) or maybe Sac (Barnes) PWill fits their timeline
Detroit would go for PWill/CWhite/TBrown and add 2 seconds, I think. They keep tanking and get 1 or maybe 2 core pieces with Cunningham, Hayes, Bey and Stewart. Plus, moving Grant loses them games this year. Grant would be a PERFECT fit with our lineup, and could get plenty of looks by balancing the rotations enough to get him shots with DDR on the 2nd unit.

Hou would LOVE PWill to add to Green. Not sure if Wood is a great fit

We'll see how Sac does with the change of coaches, but if they continue losing, they might want to cash in on Barnes at peak value and get more lotto balls.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,921

Post#13 » by Wingy » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:41 pm

Reminds me of the Money Ball scene where Bean gets soda thrown in (that I know is made up). But that’s about it right now. Not that I’m that low on either, just the injuries put their value at rock bottom.

Who knows, but Mitchell Robinson may have cost us a trip to the ECF, or even beyond.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,897

Post#14 » by meekrab » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:48 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:I’m not giving up Williams. He has played 1 season.

No training camp either year, completely different role from summer league to NBA, shoved into the starting lineup for no real reason other than being a lottery pick. Not exactly a formula for instant success.

I imagine next season after the team makes a playoff run, he won't simply be gifted the starting spot, which will hopefully change his mindset to one of fighting to get back on the court.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#15 » by ChettheJet » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:05 pm

You have to realize that the Bulls with the lineup they have, even with Vuc on the shelf, can really score as a starting 5. Lavine and DeRozan can easily pump in 30, Ball can get 25, they're getting 8-10 from Bradley and Green. So Vuc returns and he's a 20 point guy, why are you trading two young guys for another 20 point scorer? Whoever it is at the 4 if he gets 20, the other 4 starters can't get their average, they just can't all score 20-30 in the minutes they're playing. Nobody you bring in is going to willingly give up his stats to help a team he just got traded to. You see that or you don't know the NBA in 2021.

Williams best fills the bill as a starting 4 with the other 4 current starters. He can hit an open shot, he rebounds and plays defense, as he plays and develops he'll find ways to score more as the veterans get more comfortable with him.

You should be noticing that Caruso isn't a great scorer, he passes well, he's a great defender, but he can't pour in 20 points. Coby White next to him off the bench, or playing with Lonzo or Lavine is a guy who can score the basketball, which you need when Tony Bradley and DJJ are on the floor.

So all these trades that people keep bringing up are often a balance on talent and salary but when you're building a 8-10 man rotation getting quality minutes from your bench players, they just don't help the Bulls.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#16 » by sco » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:42 pm

Devinpo wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Devinpo wrote:

That’s true. I’m most likely wrong about my assessment on him. I hope he does prove me wrong he just seems very timid. I wish he played with confidence like a 2nd rounder like ayo

To be fair to Pat, if he were out there with our bench guys, I would expect him to be chucking up shots with reckless abandon too. Not to take anything away from Ayo, because he's played above expectations.
:clap:
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,171

Post#17 » by HomoSapien » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:26 pm

You’re probably getting a Boucher level role player or a veteran on a losing team that wants out. Both currently have the lowest trade value of their short careers.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,921

Post#18 » by Wingy » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:14 pm

sco wrote:If they are playing like the best versions of what we've seen so far, I think, combined, they could bring back a near-allstar. That said, Coby looks to be far from "that guy" right now, and I'm doubtfull he gets back to that level by the deadline. Pat, likely isn't on the court by then, and even if he is, he'll look like crap for 2 months after that.

So we're talking the offseason at the soonest. I think what happens in the playoffs could be a catalyst for a trade, depending on how far we get and what perceived hole(s) needs filling. But even then, I don't think they will have recovered enough trade value to fetch my original premise.

If we had those two playing regularly at the best we’ve seen of them, then we aren’t trading either and are fighting GSW for best record in the league and are being talked about as one of the clear cut East favorites.

I can see us making a minor move (eg - buyout signing), but would also bet on your thoughts around the playoffs being correct.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,503

Post#19 » by DuckIII » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:18 pm

HomoSapien wrote:You’re probably getting a Boucher level role player or a veteran on a losing team that wants out. Both currently have the lowest trade value of their short careers.

So does Boucher. He sucks this year. What happened?
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,981

Post#20 » by Chi town » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:30 pm

Ayo has the highest trade value of them all.

I think it will be a buyout.

Return to Chicago Bulls