ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,517

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#401 » by AirP. » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:12 pm

MorbidHEAT wrote:
BenoUdrihFTL wrote:No way Wall takes a buyout. Not only does he have $44.3 owed to him this year, he has a $47.4 player option next season lol

I don't know why outlets keep bringing up a buyout. Ain't nobody going to leave 90 mil over 2 years on the table.

Wall isn't going to leave $90 mil on the table, and the Rockets aren't going to pay him anything close to $90 mil for coming to Miami to win a championship.

Wall doesn't have to leave 90 million on the table, the player and the team have to come to an acceptable amount for the player to be bought out. Normally the player gives his current team the savings on his contract that he'll make when he signs with another team.

For Wall, if he were to leave say... 10 million on the table only taking around 80 million, he's sign for the minimum somewhere, probably somewhere he feels he'd get to display his talents the best and take his chances as a free agent this next offseason. Depending on how much he may give back, he could actually make more money(which Houston knows so they'll try to get as small of a buyout as they can).

There will be a lot of contenders wanting Wall's services if he's bought out because of the talent level for such a small contract.

Blake Griffin only gave up 13.3 million for his last 2 years(he was owed 39 mil this year), Detroit didn't stretch it so they'll be done with his salary this season
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,493

Post#402 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:47 pm

The more realistic buyout option is going to be DJ Augustin.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,120

Post#403 » by twix2500 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:54 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:The more realistic buyout option is going to be DJ Augustin.
Once Dipo returns there will be no need for a backup point guard. Unless Dipo is just not physically ready to contribute at a high level.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,349

Post#404 » by Bishop45 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:14 pm

twix2500 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:The more realistic buyout option is going to be DJ Augustin.
Once Dipo returns there will be no need for a backup point guard. Unless Dipo is just not physically ready to contribute at a high level.

Always a need for a back-up

Dipo is miles away from proving himself
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 34,553

Post#405 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:15 pm

I’d rather have too many options than not enough
#FreeBam
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,899

Post#406 » by eddieheatfan » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:46 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:I’d rather have too many options than not enough

twix2500
RealGM

Post#407 » by twix2500 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:53 am

If the Heat can stay in the top four in east by all star break it will have a good chance to be a top 2 seed at the end.

carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,959

Post#408 » by carnageta » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:56 am

3pt loss to the Lakers.

3pt loss to the Clippers.

3pt loss to the Wizards.

Could have been 14-3 right now as opposed to 11-6. It is what it is though.
wadenation305
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,250

Post#409 » by wadenation305 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:51 pm

So about how many more games is everyone willing to wait before we have the "should we swap Herro for Duncan in the starting line-up" talk? When ever we make the switch it def would have to be after Dipo is back to bolster the bench. Maybe Duncan gets out of his funk playing against teams opposing benches.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,632

Post#410 » by Kobewade11 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:14 pm

wadenation305 wrote:So about how many more games is everyone willing to wait before we have the "should we swap Herro for Duncan in the starting line-up" talk? When ever we make the switch it def would have to be after Dipo is back to bolster the bench. Maybe Duncan gets out of his funk playing against teams opposing benches.

Duncan is who he is, I don't think he's in a funk. If we're being honest Herro should have come into the season as the starter but "politics" will keep him on the bench, at least for this season (unless Duncan gets hurt).
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,387

Post#411 » by IceColdCubano » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:21 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
wadenation305 wrote:So about how many more games is everyone willing to wait before we have the "should we swap Herro for Duncan in the starting line-up" talk? When ever we make the switch it def would have to be after Dipo is back to bolster the bench. Maybe Duncan gets out of his funk playing against teams opposing benches.

Duncan is who he is, I don't think he's in a funk. If we're being honest Herro should have come into the season as the starter but "politics" will keep him on the bench, at least for this season (unless Duncan gets hurt).

Its about fit this season, Herro as a starter will make our starting unit look better but our bench production will plummet substantially. Duncan just needs to start hitting his 3pt's so we can get in a groove like were meant to.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,788

Post#412 » by Hallstar » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:23 pm

When we had Bron/Bosh/Wade, who was this good player coming off the bench before Ray got here?
twix2500
RealGM

Post#413 » by twix2500 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:56 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:

Its about fit this season, Herro as a starter will make our starting unit look better but our bench production will plummet substantially. Duncan just needs to start hitting his 3pt's so we can get in a groove like were meant to.
And role. Duncan plays a spot up shooting role. He is in the starting lineup since day one because that is the role they need. Are you replacing Duncan so Herro can be a spot up shooter? Is that a promotion from his previous role? Or are you taking the ball out of Butler, Lowry or Bams hands in the 1st quarter? Someone is taking less shots, someone is not getting to handle the ball in the first quarter or with that unit.

I know some think they can just keep taking turns on responsibilities. That makes for a very incoherent offense.

If you say well Herro can be the spot up guy in the first then take lead in the second. Now you used up his energy in the first being Duncan Robinson clone and you want him to get aggressive later?

Duncan Robinson spot in the starting lineup is fit for a role player. Herro spot off the bench is for a go too player.

twix2500
RealGM

Post#414 » by twix2500 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:57 pm

Hallstar wrote:When we had Bron/Bosh/Wade, who was this good player coming off the bench before Ray got here?
Bosh game suffered because of so. And Lebron played dam near every min at times. Its the reason Mike Miller was moved to the bench.

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#415 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:46 pm

That Adam Borai guy listed the Pacers, Kings, Raptors, Spurs, Pistons, and Magic as potential trade partners for us. He didn’t flat out say it but he made it pretty clear in the comments. Just don’t see how anything is possible if we can’t trade Duncan
#FreeBam
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,788

Post#416 » by Hallstar » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:53 pm

twix2500 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:Duncan is who he is, I don't think he's in a funk. If we're being honest Herro should have come into the season as the starter but "politics" will keep him on the bench, at least for this season (unless Duncan gets hurt).

And role. Duncan plays a spot up shooting role. He is in the starting lineup since day one because that is the role they need. Are you replacing Duncan so Herro can be a spot up shooter? Is that a promotion from his previous role? Or are you taking the ball out of Butler, Lowry or Bams hands in the 1st quarter? Someone is taking less shots, someone is not getting to handle the ball in the first quarter or with that unit.

I know some think they can just keep taking turns on responsibilities. That makes for a very incoherent offense.

If you say well Herro can be the spot up guy in the first then take lead in the second. Now you used up his energy in the first being Duncan Robinson clone and you want him to get aggressive later?

Duncan Robinson spot in the starting lineup is fit for a role player. Herro spot off the bench is for a go too player.

There's no reason for him to be just a spot up shooter. It's not like we were running some high power offense the last couple years.

And yes I'm taking the ball out of Bam's hands as a creator.
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#417 » by Kobewade11 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:11 pm

twix2500 wrote:And role. Duncan plays a spot up shooting role. He is in the starting lineup since day one because that is the role they need. Are you replacing Duncan so Herro can be a spot up shooter? Is that a promotion from his previous role? Or are you taking the ball out of Butler, Lowry or Bams hands in the 1st quarter? Someone is taking less shots, someone is not getting to handle the ball in the first quarter or with that unit.

I feel like this is the only fan base in the league that actually tries to rationalize a one dimensional/one way player starting over a multi-faceted 3 level scorer. Duncan's one trick is 3 point shooting and Herro is blowing him out of the water there. I'm just glad we wont have to have this debate after this season lol.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#418 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:18 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:And role. Duncan plays a spot up shooting role. He is in the starting lineup since day one because that is the role they need. Are you replacing Duncan so Herro can be a spot up shooter? Is that a promotion from his previous role? Or are you taking the ball out of Butler, Lowry or Bams hands in the 1st quarter? Someone is taking less shots, someone is not getting to handle the ball in the first quarter or with that unit.

I feel like this is the only fan base in the league that actually tries to rationalize a one dimensional/one way player starting over a multi-faceted 3 level scorer. Duncan's one trick is 3 point shooting and Herro is blowing him out of the water there. I'm just glad we wont have to have this debate after this season lol.

Get me Harrison Barnes to take Robinson’s place.
#FreeBam
twix2500
RealGM

Post#419 » by twix2500 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:31 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:

They are not competing with each other. They play two different roles. You need players who can excell in limited roles because there are players who take on bigger roles. Even if Duncan was a good ball handler he will get very little opportunity to do so. The Heat do not run a freelance scheme.

If Duncan doesn't workout they need to find another player who plays off the ball stretch. Some should completely understand this even thou i know its more about what you want for Herro individually. Herro is in the best role for him and the team. He has more liberty in his current role. Put him in the starting spot for Duncan he is restricted by the role he would play.

Look at Tucker excelling here and how Crowder excell here but struggle elsewhere. Its because of the role. Dragic struggle in Phoenix because of the role they put him. Roles matter.

Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#420 » by Kobewade11 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:38 pm

twix2500 wrote:f
They are not competing with each other. They play two different roles. You need players who can excell in limited roles because there are players who take on bigger roles. Even if Duncan was a good ball handler he will get very little opportunity to do so. The Heat do not run a freelance scheme.

If Duncan doesn't workout they need to find another player who plays off the ball stretch. Some should completely understand this even thou i know its more about what you want for Herro individually. Herro is in the best role for him and the team. He has more liberty in his current role. Put him in the starting spot for Duncan he is restricted by the role he would play.

Look at Tucker excelling here and how Crowder excell here but struggle elsewhere. Its because of the role. Dragic struggle in Phoenix because of the role they put him. Roles matter.

Herro is going to be the starting shooting guard on this team, and its not about what I want for him individually, I root for this team not any particular individual. And you always want to get your five best out there..that's just basketball. Duncan is merely keeping the seat warm for this season. If you think otherwise, I don't know what to tell you.

Return to Miami Heat