ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread - Part XLII

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Re: Official Trade Thread - Part XLII 

Post#341 » by Dark Faze » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:48 am

By the time we get to Gaffords extension we might already regret it lol. He might by the Otto Porter of centers in terms of availability.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#342 » by Ruzious » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:18 am

Dark Faze wrote:By the time we get to Gaffords extension we might already regret it lol. He might by the Otto Porter of centers in terms of availability.

It's premature to even think about thinking about.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#343 » by Dark Faze » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:42 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Dark Faze wrote:By the time we get to Gaffords extension we might already regret it lol. He might by the Otto Porter of centers in terms of availability.

It's premature to even think about thinking about.

Perhaps, though we've got two seasons worth of data where he's missed a minimum of 25% of the regular season, and so far he's right on track to do it again.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#344 » by Ruzious » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:33 pm

Trying to find a 3rd guard target, the best I can think of that might be available is Haliburton - because Sac drafted Mitchell so high, and they have an established backcourt of Fox and Hield. Give them Kispert and Bryant for Haliburton and Thompson (expiring). Bryant would be a great complement to Holmes at center, and with Barnes having a terrific year as more of a PF, Kispert would be their starting 3 by the end of the season- as Harkless is useless offensively. We'd be giving up 2 good assets, but we can't play either many minutes, and we get a near ideal 3rd guard - which we need.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,302

Post#345 » by nate33 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:48 pm

Ruzious wrote:Trying to find a 3rd guard target, the best I can think of that might be available is Haliburton - because Sac drafted Mitchell so high, and they have an established backcourt of Fox and Hield. Give them Kispert and Bryant for Haliburton and Thompson (expiring). Bryant would be a great complement to Holmes at center, and with Barnes having a terrific year as more of a PF, Kispert would be their starting 3 by the end of the season- as Harkless is useless offensively. We'd be giving up 2 good assets, but we can't play either many minutes, and we get a near ideal 3rd guard - which we need.

I'd love Haliburton. But because of his strong rookie season, I think he is a little overvalued in the trade market right now. I'd definitely do that deal, but I think Sacramento declines, particularly with Bryant as a soon-to-be UFA.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#346 » by Ruzious » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:55 pm

nate33 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Trying to find a 3rd guard target, the best I can think of that might be available is Haliburton - because Sac drafted Mitchell so high, and they have an established backcourt of Fox and Hield. Give them Kispert and Bryant for Haliburton and Thompson (expiring). Bryant would be a great complement to Holmes at center, and with Barnes having a terrific year as more of a PF, Kispert would be their starting 3 by the end of the season- as Harkless is useless offensively. We'd be giving up 2 good assets, but we can't play either many minutes, and we get a near ideal 3rd guard - which we need.

I'd love Haliburton. But because of his strong rookie season, I think he is a little overvalued in the trade market right now. I'd definitely do that deal, but I think Sacramento declines, particularly with Bryant as a soon-to-be UFA.

We could try Rui and Kispert for Haliburton and Damian James - in a month, so that Rui has proven he's fine. Really, Barnes is their only NBA quality forward.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#347 » by nate33 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:36 pm

Ruzious wrote:
nate33 wrote:

We could try Rui and Kispert for Haliburton and Damian James - in a month, so that Rui has proven he's fine. Really, Barnes is their only NBA quality forward.

I wonder if they would go for Rui for Haliburton straight up?

Probably not. They have 4 good guards and really only need 3, but the guy I'm sure they're shopping is Hield, not Haliburton.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#348 » by payitforward » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:24 pm

nate33 wrote:I wonder if they would go for Rui for Haliburton straight up? ...

California is a big Japanese market -- & Asian market in general -- so that would make this an interesting idea.

But, Haliburton is ten times the player Rui has shown himself to be even at his best, so... I really doubt it.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 896

Post#349 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:31 am

I'd look at a moderate move to bolster our backcourt depth with some vets, and lighten the load in the front court, as well as some improved salary flexibilty.

Bertans for Satoransky & Temple.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7489299
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#350 » by gambitx777 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:10 am

SUPERBALLMAN wrote:I'd look at a moderate move to bolster our backcourt depth with some vets, and lighten the load in the front court, as well as some improved salary flexibilty.

That would be amazing !!!!I would take that trade in a heart beat. They need a shooter so that would help all parties involved

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,091

Post#351 » by Dat2U » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:33 pm

Clear needs to me are 3pt shooting and better guard play off the bench. Neto & Holiday have been underwhelming.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#352 » by nate33 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:22 pm

Dat2U wrote:Clear needs to me are 3pt shooting and better guard play off the bench. Neto & Holiday have been underwhelming.

Someone (I think Ruzious) stated it perfectly earlier: Holiday is a 4th guard and Neto is a 5th guard. Our problem is that we don't have a 3rd guard - a guy who we are comfortable playing 25 minutes every game.

Meanwhile we have 5 forwards worthy of regular minutes: KCP, Kuzma, Hachimura, Avdija and Bertans; plus a rookie in Kispert who will hopefully get there. A trade of one of those rotation caliber forwards for a 3rd guard would be a big help.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#353 » by nate33 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:28 pm

SUPERBALLMAN wrote:I'd look at a moderate move to bolster our backcourt depth with some vets, and lighten the load in the front court, as well as some improved salary flexibilty.

That trade would be glorious! Satoransky would thrive under Wes Jr. And he'd fit nicely in the rotation alongside Holiday, since Holiday is more of a SG on offense who defends PG's while Sato is more of a PG on offense who defends SG's.

I wish Bertans' contract wasn't so radioactive at the moment. I don't see the Pelicans taking on his salary right now, though their GM has been swindled before. It would even be worth throwing in a 2nd round pick to make that trade happen, but unfortunately, we don't have any 2nds to trade.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,446

Post#354 » by mhd » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:45 pm

nate33 wrote:

That trade would be glorious! Satoransky would thrive under Wes Jr. And he'd fit nicely in the rotation alongside Holiday, since Holiday is more of a SG on offense who defends PG's while Sato is more of a PG on offense who defends SG's.

I wish Bertans' contract wasn't so radioactive at the moment. I don't see the Pelicans taking on his salary right now, though their GM has been swindled before. It would even be worth throwing in a 2nd round pick to make that trade happen, but unfortunately, we don't have any 2nds to trade.

Bertans for Fultz?

Fultz's contract runs a year shorter and he's coming off a torn ACL as well. With Anthony & Suggs, the PG minutes just are not there for Fultz.

Although that move even lessens our shooting. Teams respect Bertans and he opens spacing.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#355 » by nate33 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:09 pm

mhd wrote:
nate33 wrote:

Bertans for Fultz?

Fultz's contract runs a year shorter and he's coming off a torn ACL as well. With Anthony & Suggs, the PG minutes just are not there for Fultz.

Although that move even lessens our shooting. Teams respect Bertans and he opens spacing.

Fultz is a real bad fit here. Since our centers don't shoot, we really need all of our backcourt players to shoot well to spread the floor. I suppose Fultz might be useful with Bryant in the lineup, but it would be a struggle whenever he was paired with Harrell or Gafford.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,307

Post#356 » by NatP4 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:30 pm

nate33 wrote:
Dat2U wrote:Clear needs to me are 3pt shooting and better guard play off the bench. Neto & Holiday have been underwhelming.

Someone (I think Ruzious) stated it perfectly earlier: Holiday is a 4th guard and Neto is a 5th guard. Our problem is that we don't have a 3rd guard - a guy who we are comfortable playing 25 minutes every game.

Meanwhile we have 5 forwards worthy of regular minutes: KCP, Kuzma, Hachimura, Avdija and Bertans; plus a rookie in Kispert who will hopefully get there. A trade of one of those rotation caliber forwards for a 3rd guard would be a big help.

Kuzma+Todd for Derrick White.

Dinwiddie 28 White 20
Beal 32 White 10 Kispert 6
KCP 24 Avdija 18 Kispert 6
Hachimura 20 Bertans 18 Avdija 10
Gafford 24 Harrell 24
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#357 » by nate33 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:33 pm

NatP4 wrote:
nate33 wrote:

Kuzma+Todd for Derrick White.

Dinwiddie 28 White 20
Beal 32 White 10 Kispert 6
KCP 24 Avdija 18 Kispert 6
Hachimura 20 Bertans 18 Avdija 10
Gafford 24 Harrell 24

I think gambitx suggested going after White a couple of pages back. He was talking about Bertans for White which didn't seem prudent from San Antonio's perspective, but Kuzma for White might be pretty fair.

Obviously, we would want to Rui back into game shape before pulling the trigger on it.
barelyawake
Head Coach
And1: 665

Post#358 » by barelyawake » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:24 pm

No idea if Minnesota would be interested, but I’m very interested in KAT and Beverly. Keeping Beal, Deni, KCP and Monz (and hopefully Kuz and/or Dim). Tacking on two firsts to some combo of Rui, Bertans, Gafford, Kuzma, Bryant, Neto and/or Holiday.

Strategy should be to get these guys back and increase their trade value, then target Zion and KAT.

A team like:

Beverly/Dim/Neto
Beal/KCP/Dim
Deni/Krispert
KAT/Monz/Deni
Monz/Gafford/KAT

Has a shot at a title.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#359 » by gambitx777 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:16 pm

I think Kuz and stuff for white is a bit lop sidded. White has had injury issues. And isn't even their 4th best guard anymore. They need bigs and shooting bertans works

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#360 » by nate33 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:20 pm

barelyawake wrote:No idea if Minnesota would be interested, but I’m very interested in KAT and Beverly. Keeping Beal, Deni, KCP and Monz (and hopefully Kuz and/or Dim). Tacking on two firsts to some combo of Rui, Bertans, Gafford, Kuzma, Bryant, Neto and/or Holiday.

Strategy should be to get these guys back and increase their trade value, then target Zion and KAT.

A team like:

Beverly/Dim/Neto
Beal/KCP/Dim
Deni/Krispert
KAT/Monz/Deni
Monz/Gafford/KAT

Has a shot at a title.

It's gonna take a lot more than that to get KAT. There is no centerpiece to this deal and 6 dimes do not equal a dollar.

Return to Washington Wizards