Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA : 21-22 Edition

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,206

Re: Around The NBA : 21-22 Edition 

Post#301 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:48 am

Wingy wrote:
Ice Man wrote:Well, they ended up in pretty much the same place statistically, although they get there in different ways. Per 36 -

Player 1 - 26/6/6, 63% TS%
Player 2 - 27/6/4, 61% TS%

Butler & LaVine.

I apologize to anyone reading this in advance as I've probably made this post at least a half dozen times. Can't help myself. Other than the obvious Derrick remaining healthy option - drafting Lavine instead of Dougy McC'monWTFGarPaxBuckets!?!? to pair with Butler is my biggest Bulls "what if..." of all time.

Who knows, maybe they clash, but my alternate world sees them creating an insane culture of competitiveness and hard work. The offseason workouts would be the stuff of legend. Shudder in fear any teammate looking to do anything but bust ass to win.

Basketball gods my friend. The ebb and flow. The bulls have DDR instead of Doug (SA’s choice) and they have LaVine. DDR + LaVine isn’t so bad. Took a few years but the ebb and flow. I don’t think any team can dominate without paying for it and boy did the Bulls dominate. SA is paying their price now.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,519

Post#302 » by dice » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:10 am

Wingy wrote:
Ice Man wrote:Well, they ended up in pretty much the same place statistically, although they get there in different ways. Per 36 -

Player 1 - 26/6/6, 63% TS%
Player 2 - 27/6/4, 61% TS%

Butler & LaVine.

I apologize to anyone reading this in advance as I've probably made this post at least a half dozen times. Can't help myself. Other than the obvious Derrick remaining healthy option - drafting Lavine instead of Dougy McC'monWTFGarPaxBuckets!?!? to pair with Butler is my biggest Bulls "what if..." of all time.

that's not remotely close to one of the biggest bulls "what ifs." because we know what would have happened. lavine would have sat his rookie year under thibs and he would have come off the bench for another year or 2 while jimmy was still here and the team was flirting with the playoffs under hoiberg. then we still would have traded jimmy, perhaps in the hopes that lavine could mostly fill his shoes (at the offensive end, anyway)

FWIW, the biggest bulls "what if" in my mind is if jerry krause had drafted karl malone instead of keith lee. or, in a total alternate reality, if we had won the coin toss for magic johnson in 1979. pretty astonishing that in retrospect that was probably for the best

of course, then there's derrick not tearing his ACL, MJ not retiring the first time...or the second time
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,233

Post#303 » by kodo » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:41 am

Paxson said point blank in that draft the Bulls were not drafting for a future star. They were focused on the playoffs, and in particular someone who could fulfill what the current team needed (floor spacing) and a rookie that Tom Thibodeau would actually play. They said a lot of about Doug's upside to the press but years later he basically let out what happened in a pod. Even if Pax drafted Lavine, Thibs would have buried him on the bench.

Korver recently talked about how much Thibs hated him and refused to address him by name or look at him, I can't imagine the treatment a rookie Lavine would have gotten. Getting players that Thibodeau would play was a big factor, as we eventually let Korver go as well, and we didn't even get a fax machine out of it.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Post#304 » by gom » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:31 am

nitric0 wrote:Heat blew an 18 point lead and lost to the wizards. We aren’t the only ones.

The Wizards fighting back impressed me too. Good luck to you! Until Saturday! Don't you love the East now? :-)
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,519

Post#305 » by dice » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:32 am

kodo wrote:Paxson said point blank in that draft the Bulls were not drafting for a future star. They were focused on the playoffs, and in particular someone who could fulfill what the current team needed (floor spacing) and a rookie that Tom Thibodeau would actually play. They said a lot of about Doug's upside to the press but years later he basically let out what happened in a pod. Even if Pax drafted Lavine, Thibs would have buried him on the bench.

Korver recently talked about how much Thibs hated him and refused to address him by name or look at him, I can't imagine the treatment a rookie Lavine would have gotten. Getting players that Thibodeau would play was a big factor, as we eventually let Korver go as well, and we didn't even get a fax machine out of it.

that strikes me as odd given that korver has always credited his defensive improvements to thibs. effective tough love, perhaps

korver was effectively traded for hinrich to avoid the luxury tax. a prime example of why anyone hoping for the bulls to pay the tax for THIS team next season should temper their expectations
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

Around The NBA : 21-22 Edition 

Post#306 » by The Force. » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:56 am

For anyone who isn’t watching LaMelo Ball highlights, you’re missing out. He might be the most exciting player in the league next to Curry.

And to think, Golden State could’ve paired those two together…

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,540

Post#307 » by Ice Man » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:05 pm

dice wrote:that strikes me as odd given that korver has always credited his defensive improvements to thibs.

Korver also said that in the same interview. It was a narrative about how Thibs tore him down and then built him back up. Ulimately, Kyle was complimentary.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#308 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:34 pm

Ice Man wrote:
dice wrote:that strikes me as odd given that korver has always credited his defensive improvements to thibs.

Korver also said that in the same interview. It was a narrative about how Thibs tore him down and then built him back up. Ulimately, Kyle was complimentary.

Yeah it was definitely complimentary. It’s real talk and everyone knows how Thibs works. I believe SVG was mentioned by JJ being the same.
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 737

Post#309 » by Hold That » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:36 pm

kodo wrote:Paxson said point blank in that draft the Bulls were not drafting for a future star. They were focused on the playoffs, and in particular someone who could fulfill what the current team needed (floor spacing) and a rookie that Tom Thibodeau would actually play. They said a lot of about Doug's upside to the press but years later he basically let out what happened in a pod. Even if Pax drafted Lavine, Thibs would have buried him on the bench.

I think Zach would’ve been just fine. You’re comparing a Kyle Korver who was already in the league for 5+ seasons and had to unlearn a lot of lazy defensive habits that weren’t acceptable for Thibs. The patience level for a 5 year vet vs a rookie with an extreme work ethic is totally different.

Zach would be a better defender today, had he had Thibs from the jump. We saw his willingness to be locked in on that side during the Olympic Games but clearly he has to be apart of that environment and Thibs would’ve provided that.

Offensively Zach has always had potential and could shoot pretty well, Thibs would’ve played him. Especially if players like Teague, Nate,JL3 got minutes and none of them are defensive minded players.

Zach was the youngest in his draft class, with his ability to dunk his youth and potential, he would’ve been a fan favorite from day 1. And local media would’ve also been clamoring for him to get minutes, fan bases show way more favoritism to the players their organization drafts. Not to mention Paxson wouldn’t have allowed his lottery pick to be buried, Paxson has an ego.
2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,311

Post#310 » by 2weekswithpay » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:09 pm

Read on Twitter

Luke Walton is out of Sacramento. Surprised he wasn't gone earlier though.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,064

Post#311 » by MrSparkle » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:21 pm

Kings are so bizarre. At no point do I understand their direction. They really need to trade Barnes high, play Bagley to either salvage/Fultz his value, or be done with him. They should tank this year, and target some shooting forwards off-season (not sure why they let Bogdanovic go) to give Fox/Haliburton/Mitchell/Hield more spacing. Should probably move on from Hield. They also should probably look at the Donovan Bulls as a model, not be scared to play 4 guards. Maybe they can make a play for Ayton to balance the midget ball.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#312 » by TheFinishSniper » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:13 pm

Kings doing Kings stuff. It's not even funny 100th time now, it's just sad and delusional.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,233

Post#313 » by kodo » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:16 pm

I guess the Walton thing was just perspective, I thought they would be tanking for draft position while developing Fox & Haliburton, both of whom have developed nicely last season.

But apparently the GM thinks this is a playoffs team and so fired Walton for not enough Ws. Delusional about how good his team is.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#314 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:23 pm

gom wrote:
nitric0 wrote:Heat blew an 18 point lead and lost to the wizards. We aren’t the only ones.

The Wizards fighting back impressed me too. Good luck to you! Until Saturday! Don't you love the East now? :-)

The east is so much fun now without a doubt. It's nice for that balance to be back.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,450

Post#315 » by samwana » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:08 pm

why do sacto fire walton and then put gentry in charge? a guy that has been a stop gap only more than anything long term. what a moronic decision, typical kings.

RealGM mobile app
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,786

Post#316 » by Jcool0 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:50 pm

samwana wrote:why do sacto fire walton and then put gentry in charge? a guy that has been a stop gap only more than anything long term. what a moronic decision, typical kings.

RealGM mobile app

He is just the interim coach.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#317 » by Grodoboldo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:42 am

I'm not gonna say anything because of my (bad) opinion of LeBron.

I'll just leave it at "yeah, I understand you, man".
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#318 » by Grodoboldo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:44 am

Read on Twitter

@wontgottlieb: Malice Part II https://t.co/pdJDUPGwbB

That was VERY MUCH intentional.

But I bet BronBron will be let off the hook as always.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
Clocian
RealGM
And1: 2,576

Post#319 » by Clocian » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:48 am

That was pretty crazy. Dude wanted Bron so bad.
Damn I love Hip Hop!
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,384

Post#320 » by Hangtime84 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:56 am

that needs to be a big suspension
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.

Return to Chicago Bulls