ImageImageImage

Enes Kanter Freedom – Who Should get Consistent Minutes as the 3rd Center?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who should play the Majority of our Big's (PF/C) minutes? – (Up to 5 Votes out of 8 choices)

R. Williams
26%
Horford
23%
Kanter
18%
Tatum
17%
G. Williams
13%
Parker
1%
Hernangómez
1%
Fernando
2%

Total votes: 124

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,908

Enes Kanter Freedom – Who Should get Consistent Minutes as the 3rd Center? 

Post#1 » by Parliament10 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:36 pm

Enes Kanter solid in rare spot minutes
By Souichi Terada | sterada@masslive.com | Published: Nov. 16, 2021, 6:00 a.m.

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2021/11/celtics-notebook-rob-williams-injury-update-enes-kanter-solid-in-rare-spot-minutes.html
With Williams out for the entire second half, the matchup meant Kanter could get some rotation minutes. The end result was mixed, but Kanter’s solid stretch at the beginning of the fourth quarter provided a spark.

He set a great screen for Jayson Tatum, who knocked down the 3-pointer. Kanter earned a free throw because he was fouled when the shot went up. Then he followed that up with what he does best: offensive rebounds and put-backs. Kanter, in all, finished Monday with five points and two rebounds.

The matchups were the perfect fit for Kanter, Udoka said. The Cavs featured two big men in Evan Mobley and former Celtic Tacko Fall (also pushed into action because of availability). That meant the coverages matched up for Kanter to play, where he delivered.

“Instead of downsizing with a guy like Jabari, we went bigger tonight,” Udoka said. “It was the coverage we were in anyway, so we’ve benefited with Enes. He came in, came ready, and he was ready to play and made an impact.”

Read on Twitter

Kanter should be playing as the 3rd Center/Big, behind Rob Williams and Horford.
I think that on nights that we need to go with 2 Bigs, that we should put in Kanter for relief.

Kanter can play. He's especially good on the Offensive Rebounds.
Play him with one of Horford/R. Williams when the other needs to rest.

It just makes sense. -- Udoka has to start playing his Bench more.
The main 8-9 Guys cannot play the whole Season.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,060

Re: Enes Kanter – Should he get Consistent Minutes as the 3rd Center? 

Post#2 » by Dogen » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:52 pm

Hey you! Can we come together?
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,490

Re: Enes Kanter – Should he (or another) get Consistent Minutes as the 3rd Center? 

Post#3 » by playa-hater » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:01 am

well I have Kanter > Grant Williams at center. does that help??
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,402

Re: Enes Kanter – Should he (or another) get Consistent Minutes as the 3rd Center? 

Post#4 » by Triple7 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:34 am

Kanter should be playing just behind Horford and Rob on most games. He gave us some spark in spot minutes, even without playing at all before. Just imagine if he gets consistent minutes? He will be even better.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,402

Post#5 » by Triple7 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:37 am

Parliament10 wrote:Enes Kanter solid in rare spot minutes
By Souichi Terada | sterada@masslive.com | Published: Nov. 16, 2021, 6:00 a.m.

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2021/11/celtics-notebook-rob-williams-injury-update-enes-kanter-solid-in-rare-spot-minutes.html
With Williams out for the entire second half, the matchup meant Kanter could get some rotation minutes. The end result was mixed, but Kanter’s solid stretch at the beginning of the fourth quarter provided a spark.

He set a great screen for Jayson Tatum, who knocked down the 3-pointer. Kanter earned a free throw because he was fouled when the shot went up. Then he followed that up with what he does best: offensive rebounds and put-backs. Kanter, in all, finished Monday with five points and two rebounds.

The matchups were the perfect fit for Kanter, Udoka said. The Cavs featured two big men in Evan Mobley and former Celtic Tacko Fall (also pushed into action because of availability). That meant the coverages matched up for Kanter to play, where he delivered.

“Instead of downsizing with a guy like Jabari, we went bigger tonight,” Udoka said. “It was the coverage we were in anyway, so we’ve benefited with Enes. He came in, came ready, and he was ready to play and made an impact.”

Read on Twitter

Kanter should be playing as the 3rd Center/Big, behind Rob Williams and Horford.
I think that on nights that we need to go with 2 Bigs, that we should put in Kanter for relief.

Kanter can play. He's especially good on the Offensive Rebounds.
Play him with one of Horford/R. Williams when the other needs to rest.

It just makes sense. -- Udoka has to start playing his Bench more.
The main 8-9 Guys cannot play the whole Season.

I agree. He needs to give them minutes now, to give them confidence and be in the loop. Plus that will prevent our starters, particularly Jayson from being burnt out. He already showed some fatigue at end games.
OBisHalJordan
Rookie
And1: 892

Post#6 » by OBisHalJordan » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:50 pm

Kanter should be play. He gives the team a different look. When they're struggling to score or getting killed on the boards, he needs to play because he can get buckets and is a great rebounder. He's not an all star or even a starter in this NBA but he's a rotation player and he bring something the team needs. It's stupid that Grant Williams gets so much burn and Kanter sits on the bench. There is room for both them in the lineup.
Brett43
Junior
And1: 167

Post#7 » by Brett43 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:50 pm

Obviously Kanter should be playing more minutes. It's crazy to pay for a man of his talent and then have him sit there doing nothing.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,996

Post#8 » by 31to6 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:51 pm

I'll go against the current and say Enes only plays if we're down a guy. Otherwise I'm happy with JT/Al/Rob/Grant getting all the 4/5 minutes on a regular basis.

But the season is long, and availability of guys changes, and Kanter's opportunities will come up (not just this one time against CLE). If Grant stops hitting 3s or we're getting worked on the glass then sure, give Enes a shot here or there too -- but I believe Ime's doing the right thing by keeping the rotation limited to 9 or 10 guys. I like all 15, but face it, 3rd stringers don't normally play in most games in the NBA.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,983

Enes Kanter – Should he (or another) get Consistent Minutes as the 3rd Center? 

Post#9 » by jfs1000d » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:18 am

Kanter is a good player. He plays here and people whine about him getting burned on D. Everywhere else,

He gets 12 and 15.

Stupid nit picking. Dude was 11 and 11 last year with Portland. Whenever he plays he produces .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,908

Post#10 » by Parliament10 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:06 am

Kanter did well tonight. 5 Rebs (4 Offensive) and 1 Asts, in 14 mins.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#11 » by return2glory » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:22 am

Kanter should be playing 20-24 every game. He have a lot of guys on this team that are bad at shooting and Kanter is great at getting offensive boards. Besides, he is are best low post scorer and sets great screens and brings toughness.
forte74
Junior
And1: 98

Post#12 » by forte74 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:29 am

He can rebound , but does not know how to score
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,838

Post#13 » by BK_2020 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:04 pm

The last thing we need is a 3rd big playing 24 mins a game, forcing Horford and Timelord to play significant minutes at forward.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#14 » by TheOGJabroni » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:17 pm

I think Kanter should play more when Rob or Al misses time but when we're fully healthy, the last thing we need is more double big lineups with limited shooting.

He has a very specific skill set that should be used sparingly when needed.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,303

Post#15 » by chrisab123 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:56 pm

Depends if the league ends up stepping in or not. This China stuff can't be helping his case at all. I could see the Celtics trading him the first chance they get for anything so they can get back on TV in China. They hold all the power in this situation.
scottyno
Junior
And1: 542

Post#16 » by scottyno » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:28 am

3rd centers don't (and shouldn't) get consistent minutes on any team as a 3rd center.

They're paying him almost nothing to be used situationally, and he's obviously ok with it or he wouldn't have signed with them in the first place. If they face philly in the playoffs they'll be happy to have him.
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,042

Post#17 » by Ben-N1ce » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:08 pm

He only Plays when Timelord is injured. I think there are match ups he could play but IME doesn't for whatever reason. He can score on most centers in the NBA for sure.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#18 » by return2glory » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:33 pm

Best game of the season so far for Kanter. 10 and 10 with 2 blocks in 17 minutes.
Triple M
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#19 » by Triple M » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:41 pm

C
Rob 30 minutes
Al 14
Grant 4

PF
Al 16
Grant 16
Tatum 16

SF
Tatum 20
Brown 24
Richardson 4

SG
Brown 12
Dennis 16
Richardson 20

PG
Smart 32
Dennis 16

I think this is our rotation fully healthy but with no Rob and JB I think Kanter should get a consistent 15-20 minutes
celtxman
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Post#20 » by celtxman » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:33 am

return2glory wrote:Kanter should be playing 20-24 every game. He have a lot of guys on this team that are bad at shooting and Kanter is great at getting offensive boards. Besides, he is are best low post scorer and sets great screens and brings toughness.

There has been a shorter leash on Kanter than anyone I can think of who actually produces. Everyone gets all caught up in his defense, yet the Celtics had their worst defense when he wasn't getting a minute of time. He had some problems in preseason and I knew it would mean he would be benched. There isn't a lot of minutes here with everyone healthy but Kanter should play
Brad Stevens on fans who want the Celtics to tank: "I don’t think they’ll like me all that much then."

Return to Boston Celtics