Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA : 21-22 Edition

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,187

Re: Around The NBA : 21-22 Edition 

Post#321 » by Dan Z » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:02 am

Grodoboldo wrote:
Read on Twitter

@wontgottlieb: Malice Part II https://t.co/pdJDUPGwbB

That was VERY MUCH intentional.

But I bet BronBron will be let off the hook as always.

I don't think LeBron meant to do it because he went over to Stewart to offer his hand to help him up. But it does look like he hit him pretty hard. Hopefully the refs call something on LeBron too.
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#322 » by pduh01 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:04 am

Dan Z wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't think LeBron meant to do it because he went over to Stewart to offer his hand to help him up. But it does look like he hit him pretty hard. Hopefully the refs call something on LeBron too.

They did he got the ejection
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,536

Post#323 » by PaKii94 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:04 am

Dan Z wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:
Read on Twitter

The jerking motion was definitely uncalled for. It's not like the rebound was coming towards him. Offering to help him up is just a cover up
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#324 » by Grodoboldo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:05 am

Dan Z wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Of course he did, because, the Diva that he is, he wants the PR as a good dude.

**** him.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,793

Post#325 » by kulaz3000 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:11 am

It was definitely accidental, but Stewart had the opportunity for a nice juicy headbutt or a slap. Sure, he would have been suspended, but I think the league would have been a little lenient considering he just got elbowed right in the face. But that's just me!
Why so serious?
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#326 » by Grodoboldo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:15 am

Accidental???????

FFS

Any minute now The LeBron appologists will come here claiming Stewart Headbutted James' hand...
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,793

Post#327 » by kulaz3000 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:20 am

Grodoboldo wrote:Accidental???????

FFS

Any minute now The LeBron appologists will come here claiming Stewart Headbutted James' hand...

There is absolutely no reason for accusations like being called a LeBron apologist, especially when I've never been one. That aside, LeBron only intended to forcefully remove Stewarts lock on his arm, and inadvertently struck him across the face. That's how I see it in the replay.

I see no evidence of LeBron striking him on the face on purpose.
Why so serious?
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,414

Post#328 » by ImSlower » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:21 am

Accidental? Are we watching the same play? He closed his hand and swung back into his head. What do LeBronists think he was trying to do?

Stewart went way over the line with the repeated attempts to break free but gat damn it feels strange to see the most gifted NBA player of all time be such a weak ass punk. Reaching to pick him up after clapping him in the face. Never Goat.
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#329 » by Grodoboldo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:23 am

kulaz3000 wrote:

FFS

There is absolutely no reason for accusations like being called a LeBron apologist, especially when I've never been one. That aside, LeBron only intended to forcefully remove Stewarts lock on his arm, and inadvertently struck him across the face. That's how I see it in the replay.

I see no evidence of LeBron striking him on the face on purpose.

OK, yeah that was uncalled for, sorry. But I just find it very hard to not see intent on that punch.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,536

Post#330 » by PaKii94 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:24 am

Also the swing pretty much came after the ball was in the hoop. Even if he was trying to get Stewart off of him, that kind of aggression on a dead ball is not right
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,187

Post#331 » by Dan Z » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:24 am

FFS

I'm not looking to defend LeBron, but I am calling it like I see it in the video presented in this thread.

I'm a Bulls fan. I don't even root for LeBron.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#332 » by TheFinishSniper » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:27 am

Lebron on replay shown had closed fist. And made deep enough contact to cut someone eyelid. I wouldnt call that accidental. But I am not saying in same time he had intention to throw a fist. Its bit peculiar situation.
#1TKfan
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#333 » by #1TKfan » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:32 am

Please Rose don't hurt 'em.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,203

Post#334 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:35 am

Phoenix put up 48 points in the 1st quarter against Denver.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
ImSlower
Lead Assistant

Post#335 » by ImSlower » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:48 am

And Kulaz my apologies, I didn't mean to include you in my belittling of LeBronists. You're the man. I just need to avoid the GB on threads about James. I'm as irrational as his stans are, as he continually counters his incredible talent with garbage plays like that or off court garbage like his ad hominem insult to Kanter instead of Kanter's outspoken but very valid condemnation of political stuff I'll leave to the CA board.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,495

Post#336 » by dice » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:03 am

ImSlower wrote:Accidental? Are we watching the same play? He closed his hand and swung back into his head.

the hand was always closed. he swung his arm back out of frustration and happened to catch the side of the head with the fist
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#337 » by Grodoboldo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:10 am

Edit: Wrong thread
ImSlower
Lead Assistant

Post#338 » by ImSlower » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:24 am

dice wrote:
ImSlower wrote:Accidental? Are we watching the same play? He closed his hand and swung back into his head.

the hand was always closed. he swung his arm back out of frustration and happened to catch the side of the head with the fist

As you see it. No worries. The both had arms interlocked, LeBron is the smartest guy out there. He knew where his opponent was. Swinging that hard with a closed fist while still body to body with an opponent is extremely reckless. If he wanted Stewart's arm off his he could have swiped hard downward, not at his head.

Once I'm home and on a larger screen and we have a longer full replay I will acquiesce if it looks more incidental. For now I gotta say it sure as hell looked like an attempt at hard contact, and at best maybe he thought Stewart's face was higher and further back, and he meant only to knock the arm off. I tend to skepticism but I do agree he's too smart to have wanted to make direct contact with a fist.

He did, though.

Stewart was fine losing his cool the first bit - he got hit hard as hell and his whole brow split open, but he had plenty of time to cool off once four guys had pulled him back. His repeated attempt to fight through a lot of bodies was unacceptable too.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#339 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:47 am

ImSlower wrote:
dice wrote:

As you see it. No worries. The both had arms interlocked, LeBron is the smartest guy out there. He knew where his opponent was. Swinging that hard with a closed fist while still body to body with an opponent is extremely reckless. If he wanted Stewart's arm off his he could have swiped hard downward, not at his head.

Once I'm home and on a larger screen and we have a longer full replay I will acquiesce if it looks more incidental. For now I gotta say it sure as hell looked like an attempt at hard contact, and at best maybe he thought Stewart's face was higher and further back, and he meant only to knock the arm off. I tend to skepticism but I do agree he's too smart to have wanted to make direct contact with a fist.

He did, though.

Stewart was fine losing his cool the first bit - he got hit hard as hell and his whole brow split open, but he had plenty of time to cool off once four guys had pulled him back. His repeated attempt to fight through a lot of bodies was unacceptable too.

The fist was an issue. If he got slapped it wouldn’t be so bad. Don’t think it was “intentional” as a fist but he sure,y didn’t mind smacking back at him. I’ll say it wasn’t premeditated. Stewart’s reaction is because it was a fist. It wasn’t just contact and he absolutely lost his cool, because he felt he was punched. He is a pro though and you gotta control your emotions. Lots of money and your career are on the line. Ugly play all the way around.

Love AD’s comments though that 1-15 won’t have it. AD you would get hurt. Now we know Dwight would have stepped in for sure
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,348

Post#340 » by DASMACKDOWN » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:16 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Phoenix put up 48 points in the 1st quarter against Denver.

This just echo's my irritant for the national sports media.

Phoenix has won a ridiculous 12 straight games and you wouldnt even know unless you are a hardcore fan of the game. The National media will talk about the Lakers after every single game they play but not even mention oh by the way, the significantly better team the Suns have won a crazy amount in a row.
The Cult of Personality

Return to Chicago Bulls