ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agency: Dwight, Ellington, Ariza, Melo, Monk, Baze sign

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Re: Free Agency: Dwight, Ellington, Ariza, Melo, Monk, Baze sign 

Post#501 » by euphorbus » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:49 pm

A lot of people questioned whether signing so many older veterans was a good idea. The focus was primarily on performance. Right now, we are seeing the results in terms of injuries: LeBron James, Rondo, Ariza. Dwight Howard and Wayne Ellington have also missed games. Durability is a major question mark going forward.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#502 » by Pythagoras » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:56 am

euphorbus wrote:A lot of people questioned whether signing so many older veterans was a good idea. The focus was primarily on performance. Right now, we are seeing the results in terms of injuries: LeBron James, Rondo, Ariza. Dwight Howard and Wayne Ellington have also missed games. Durability is a major question mark going forward.

It’s definitely been rough. If WB weren’t playing like cheeks right now some of these injuries wouldn’t hurt as bad. Tonight would be a good night for him to snap the f out of it.
Numbers rule the universe.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#503 » by Kilroy » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:56 pm

It's by design though... Aside from a couple of the guys... THT, Ariza... A lot of the injuries have been kind of vague... Leads me to believe some of this is to keep mileage down and give guys a little more time to get into playing shape.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Noodlesoop
Senior
And1: 561

Re: Free agents: update singed Dwight, Ellington, Ariza lose Caruso 

Post#504 » by Noodlesoop » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:43 am

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Noodlesoop wrote:
You’re painfully negative. At a least wait until the roster is complete before constantly moaning.

We gonna keep playing this game? I was told the same thing yesterday and both Rudy and Patty (both guys that Laker fans were confident we'd get) decided to sign elsewhere. Outside of DD there isn't really any other guy other there that moves the needle for me, and even his fit is questionable at best on this team.

Hate to be that guy. But I warned all you guys that this team would be a joke the second we traded for Westbrook. Anyone who didn't see that immediately and thought the rest of the roster could make up for his shortcomings was flat out being ignorant.

You don’t hate to be that guy at all, you’ve purposely remembered this comment and brought it up so you’re consciously being ‘that guy’ that nobody likes. It’s quite sad.

And yeah, lots of people had reservations but were hoping things could improve (and they still could) rather than just moaning all the time which is irritating. I’m giving you no respect for moaning in advance of something going wrong when it was always very possible.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,536

Re: Free agents: update singed Dwight, Ellington, Ariza lose Caruso 

Post#505 » by Mamba Mentality » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:05 am

Noodlesoop wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
We gonna keep playing this game? I was told the same thing yesterday and both Rudy and Patty (both guys that Laker fans were confident we'd get) decided to sign elsewhere. Outside of DD there isn't really any other guy other there that moves the needle for me, and even his fit is questionable at best on this team.

Hate to be that guy. But I warned all you guys that this team would be a joke the second we traded for Westbrook. Anyone who didn't see that immediately and thought the rest of the roster could make up for his shortcomings was flat out being ignorant.

You don’t hate to be that guy at all, you’ve purposely remembered this comment and brought it up so you’re consciously being ‘that guy’ that nobody likes. It’s quite sad.

And yeah, lots of people had reservations but were hoping things could improve (and they still could) rather than just moaning all the time which is irritating. I’m giving you no respect for moaning in advance of something going wrong when it was always very possible.

Brah this is an internet forum, you celebrate the good and criticize the bad.If you have issue with people being realists and not always painting a rosy picture then maybe this isn't the place for you.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers