Image ImageImage Image

Dear Stacey King . . .

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,413

Re: Dear Stacey King . . . 

Post#201 » by Ice Man » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:49 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:The one thing that's always made me laugh about Stacey is him talking about how a player just needs to be more confident to do something better. That's his analysis for most things.

He's a bad analyst, a skilled entertainer, and he has a very good delivery. That's Stacey, in a nutshell.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,373

Post#202 » by DuckIII » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:51 pm

The return of the Bane voice. At which point Amin laughed hysterically.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,470

Post#203 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:23 pm

I can't stand his bane and cookie monster....So cringe
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,470

Post#204 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:24 pm

I also don't like how he feels the need to correct every play the way HE thinks it should of went. Like you're not the coach Stacey
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,413

Post#205 » by Ice Man » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:45 am

Lord, what an awful broadcast against the Knicks. Stacey King is entertaining? Yeah, if you want to hear a drunk fan at the bar whine and complain about the calls against his team for the next 2 hours. Not exaggerating, he and Jason must have complained about calls 30 times during the game. If not more. In a game where the Bulls were whistled for 26 calls and the Knicks for 25 calls, with both teams scrapping, Stacey decided that by far the most important thing to talk about was how the referees were cheating the Bulls.

Sheesh.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,289

Post#206 » by Kurt Heimlich » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:50 am

Gonna chime in that his "cuppy coffee and biggie bagel...." nightly advertisement random voice change is also baffling and just....not good lol.

I still defend Stacey and think he brings plenty of good stuff to the broadcast. But we're on a forum and here to nitpick. So, there's my two cents of nit, to pick.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,017

Post#207 » by FriedRise » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:53 am

beep… beep…

Read on Twitter
#1TKfan
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#208 » by #1TKfan » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:01 am

Leave Stacey alone. Lol. He's enjoying this season as much as we are... He just doesn't have any new material. Let him enjoy this ride with that cookie monster "bane," voice. Eeesh terrible, but we're winning. Let it ride.
Brolic
Ballboy
And1: 37

Post#209 » by Brolic » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:01 am

Ice Man wrote:Lord, what an awful broadcast against the Knicks. Stacey King is entertaining? Yeah, if you want to hear a drunk fan at the bar whine and complain about the calls against his team for the next 2 hours. Not exaggerating, he and Jason must have complained about calls 30 times during the game. If not more. In a game where the Bulls were whistled for 26 calls and the Knicks for 25 calls, with both teams scrapping, Stacey decided that by far the most important thing to talk about was how the referees were cheating the Bulls.

Sheesh.

This. Way too homerish for me.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,373

Post#210 » by DuckIII » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:06 am

Ice Man wrote:Lord, what an awful broadcast against the Knicks. Stacey King is entertaining? Yeah, if you want to hear a drunk fan at the bar whine and complain about the calls against his team for the next 2 hours. Not exaggerating, he and Jason must have complained about calls 30 times during the game. If not more. In a game where the Bulls were whistled for 26 calls and the Knicks for 25 calls, with both teams scrapping, Stacey decided that by far the most important thing to talk about was how the referees were cheating the Bulls.

Sheesh.

Well, in fairness, he was right about all of that.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,852

Post#211 » by nomorezorro » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:35 am

the ref whining predates the weird game tonight though

someone with production needs to nip that in the bud because i don’t want to deal with a full season of him going “now see that was a foul there!” for a handful of non-noteworthy screens every single game and “oh wow no call??” for every contested bulls drive when the refs have generally been erring on the side of letting both teams play all season long

if it’s not egregious or a crucial play, ref whining is the lowest form of sports observation
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
Bulls2021
Pro Prospect
And1: 544

Post#212 » by Bulls2021 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:47 am

As a huge fan of Hawk Harrelson, I have no issue with Stacey complaining about fouls and ripping the refs. Hell, Stacey's criticism of the refs is child's play compared to Hawk's criticism of the umpires. Hawk once got suspended for going too far while ripping the umpires. Hawk had to meet with the commissioner, but he couldn't promise the commish that he would stop ripping the umpires.

Stacey, you got some work before you can get on the GOAT's level. We'll talk when you can pull something like in the video below off.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,852

Post#213 » by nomorezorro » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:04 am

big ups for being brave enough to admit your hawk fandom

i will say, hawk at least had the dignity to get so angry about umps that it was fun to laugh at him. dumb old man ump anger is preferable to boring ref whining, but ideally a tv commentator recognizes that any ref discourse is an uncouth topic best reserved for less dignified life forms (sports radio hosts, message board posters, etc)
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
OldSchoolNoBull
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#214 » by OldSchoolNoBull » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:01 am

I don't understand the desire for our local guys to NOT be homers. Aren't local guys supposed to be homers? I mean Red Kerr was a huge homer for over thirty years on our local telecasts, and he's a beloved icon in our franchise.
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,312

Post#215 » by Mbrahv0528 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:28 am

I unabashedly love Stacy King. Gimme that Srirachaaaaaa

Sent from my SM-F707U using RealGM mobile app
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,885

Post#216 » by MAQ » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:10 pm

I dont even feel as though Stacey bags on the refs with much frequency. he'll note a missed call whenever, but he usually stops short of saying the refs are short changing the Bulls such as he did last night. He was right last night though.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
Bulls2021
Pro Prospect
And1: 544

Post#217 » by Bulls2021 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:36 pm

nomorezorro wrote:big ups for being brave enough to admit your hawk fandom

i will say, hawk at least had the dignity to get so angry about umps that it was fun to laugh at him. dumb old man ump anger is preferable to boring ref whining, but ideally a tv commentator recognizes that any ref discourse is an uncouth topic best reserved for less dignified life forms (sports radio hosts, message board posters, etc)

Hawk Harrelson is the greatest announcer ever. There's no bravery here. I rep Hawk loudly and proudly.
InsideInfo
Bench Warmer
And1: 769

Post#218 » by InsideInfo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:50 pm

Kurt Heimlich wrote:Gonna chime in that his "cuppy coffee and biggie bagel...." nightly advertisement random voice change is also baffling and just....not good lol.

I still defend Stacey and think he brings plenty of good stuff to the broadcast. But we're on a forum and here to nitpick. So, there's my two cents of nit, to pick.

Cuppy coffee
Nationwide song
Bane voice
Cookies
Compton in the house
hot sauce
bang bang bang
siracha
If i could be like zach
no soup for you
let me get some butta with that role
5 Devante greens out there
chi slamma jamma
these aint last years bulls

Each and every game has just become the same catch phrases over and over. At this point he could be replaced with sound bites.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,676

Post#219 » by GoBlue72391 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:00 pm

My Knicks fan friend actually made it a point to text me about how bad our commentators are. I explained that the play-by-play guy is normally a baseball announcer who is filling in for our regular play-by-guy, but he said "Not him, the hot sauce guy."
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 462

Post#220 » by Mr. Tibbs » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:22 pm

I think overall Amin and King are okay. I could do with less of the variety show comedy bits and more analysis, but I get it if I'm not really the target audience anymore. I do like that Amin does his research though, and also like that this duo seems to give more credit to opposing teams than Funk/King ever did which gives a more accurate reflection of most games in my opinion.

The only thing that ever made me want to punch a hole in my wall was "young pip". The cringe I felt on that was visceral. The only thing Hutch and Pip seem to have in common is being overly bitter about the past.
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac

Return to Chicago Bulls