ImageImageImage

Around the League 2021-2022

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,760

Re: Around the League 2021-2022 

Post#221 » by life_saver » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:53 am

Calinks wrote:Just insane that the Suns have won 11 straight. Could you ever fathom a wolves team doing that?

Ever since I started supporting Wolves, the longest win streak I can remember was a 5 game win streak during 2017-18 season...that streak ended with a loss against a trash Magic team
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,760

Post#222 » by life_saver » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:04 am

Giannis is insane lol

Read on Twitter
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,221

Post#223 » by Calinks » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:28 pm

The greatest coach of our generation. The man who came in after Malone and Joerger to bring Sacramento to the promised land, Luke Walton, has been viciously dismissed.

Read on Twitter
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,792

Post#224 » by Klomp » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:29 pm

Calinks wrote:The greatest coach of our generation. The man who came in after Malone and Joerger to bring Sacramento to the promised land, Luke Walton, has been viciously dismissed.

Read on Twitter

Remember how upset some were that we didn't hire him....
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,792

Post#225 » by Klomp » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:33 pm

Awhile back, this is the week I predicted a Simmons trade would come. With Sixers currently in play-in contention, they could use a boost of a couple of rotation players.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,509

Post#226 » by Worm Guts » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:44 am

Isaiah Stewart lost his mind after an elbow from Lebron. Crazy.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,944

Post#227 » by Nick K » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:49 am

Worm Guts wrote:Isaiah Stewart lost his mind after an elbow from Lebron. Crazy.

He had a right to be mad but he took it several levels past mad as hell. There is no excuse for his rage. This guy might kill somebody one day.

The league will come down huge on him and deservingly so.

LeBron got a flagrant 2. The league ought to come down on him too. Maybe an extra game just for being a Laker. :)
fattymcgee
Senior
And1: 274

Post#228 » by fattymcgee » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:58 am

Nick K wrote:

He had a right to be mad but he took it several levels past mad as hell. There is no excuse for his rage. This guy might kill somebody one day.

LeBron got a flagrant 2. The league ought to come down on him too. Maybe an extra game just for being a Laker. :)

I didn't see a real good video of the elbow but what from I saw it seemed unintentional. If it was unintentional he shouldn't get any more punishment.

Stewart should be suspended for repeatedly taking out team personnel trying to start a fight.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,285

Post#229 » by winforlose » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:10 am

From what I could tell on the espn video (slightly better angle,) it was an intentional act, but I don’t know that he was aiming for the head. He was trying to shrug the guy off of him on the box out and threw the arm. Lebron was caught off guard when he went to the floor and that was when he tried to apologize. Aimed lower that would be little more than a off arm shove, but hitting the eye made him bleed pretty good. Stewart definitely over reacted, but I would probably suspend Lebron for a game as well. The motion itself was non basketball and even if it doesn’t bust Stewart open should have been an ejection.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,944

Post#230 » by Nick K » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:12 am

fattymcgee wrote:
Nick K wrote:

I didn't see a real good video of the elbow but what from I saw it seemed unintentional. If it was unintentional he shouldn't get any more punishment.

Stewart should be suspended for repeatedly taking out team personnel trying to start a fight.

It was a bit much, wasn't it?

I saw the other view of it. Lebron just snapped and lashed out at Stewart. He deserved the technical 2.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,285

Post#231 » by winforlose » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:19 am

Nick K wrote:
fattymcgee wrote:
Nick K wrote:

It was a bit much, wasn't it?

I saw the other view of it. Lebron just snapped and lashed out at Stewart. He deserved the technical 2.

Kinda seemed like fight or flight took over. The guys are evenly matched by height and weight but I take Stewart and his rage in that fight. Stewart was definitely going to try and hospitalize him if he got the chance.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,178

Post#232 » by Neeva » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:16 am

Klomp wrote:
Calinks wrote:The greatest coach of our generation. The man who came in after Malone and Joerger to bring Sacramento to the promised land, Luke Walton, has been viciously dismissed.

Read on Twitter

Remember how upset some were that we didn't hire him....

Well he lasted there a lot longer than Thibs did here.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,178

Post#233 » by Neeva » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:17 am

I like Isaiah Stewart wolves should try to trade for
Him. Have the old Udub duo back on same team.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 685

Post#234 » by karch34 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:08 am

Klomp wrote:Remember how upset some were that we didn't hire him....

Wow. I’m sure it’s true but I really don’t. I thought we were all on the benefiting from perfect situation as interim on Warriors is not indicative of future success bandwagon.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#235 » by packforfreedom » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:31 am

Neeva wrote:I like Isaiah Stewart wolves should try to trade for

Absolutly not. He has some serious early Ron Artest energy.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,714

Post#236 » by FinnTheHuman » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:31 pm

Klomp wrote:Awhile back, this is the week I predicted a Simmons trade would come. With Sixers currently in play-in contention, they could use a boost of a couple of rotation players.

Yeah, but sadly we are 7-9 and not impressing. We were willing to do DLo for Simmons, but DLo's looked bad. We were also willing to do Beasley + Prince or Bev for Simmons, but only Bev has looked okay-ish of those 3 so far. If we started the season with say 10-6 and these guys were the key contributors, we could've maybe gotten Simmons. But no way with the way things are right now.
Folklore
Senior
And1: 171

Post#237 » by Folklore » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:52 pm

winforlose wrote:From what I could tell on the espn video (slightly better angle,) it was an intentional act, but I don’t know that he was aiming for the head. He was trying to shrug the guy off of him on the box out and threw the arm. Lebron was caught off guard when he went to the floor and that was when he tried to apologize. Aimed lower that would be little more than a off arm shove, but hitting the eye made him bleed pretty good. Stewart definitely over reacted, but I would probably suspend Lebron for a game as well. The motion itself was non basketball and even if it doesn’t bust Stewart open should have been an ejection.

That was definitely intentional. Lebron looked right at him before he smack him on the face. Any other sport you can respond accordingly to being hit. I can't imagine a baseball or hockey player getting beamed and then held back by their team mates. SOMETHIING would have to be done. Unfortunately his team is weak, there's no way in hell that the leader of the team should be dapping up Westbrook at the end of the game. So there aren't any enforcers on teams anymore.
Folklore
Senior
And1: 171

Post#238 » by Folklore » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:55 pm

packforfreedom wrote:
Neeva wrote:I like Isaiah Stewart wolves should try to trade for

Absolutly not. He has some serious early Ron Artest energy.

He's absolutely the type of player we need on the team. We're too soft down low.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,509

Post#239 » by Worm Guts » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:16 pm

Maybe hockey, but no other sport allows any type of fighting anymore. It also would have been different if Stewart came out swinging, but he waited. I think you would have had different reactions.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,714

Post#240 » by FinnTheHuman » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:36 pm

Lebron lost his cool. He missed a shot beforehand and the Pistons were winning at the time, so Lebron was frustrated and then Stewart boxed out aggressively and Lebron just threw his arm in the general area of Stewart's head/upper body at the peak of his frustration.

Pretty sure he thought "I'mma throw my hand at him and see what happens wherever it connects".

And then he tried to play it off as nothing serious when he realized he literally punched him near the eye.

So yeah, I doubt Lebron was aiming to draw blood, but he surely was aiming to take out his frustration on Stewart, so it was intentional in the sense for sure.

So people saying that Lebron was just trying to free himself are delusional, but people saying that Lebron viciously tried to do serious damage to Stewart are also delusional. It was just a reckless attempt to release his frustration, which should warrant a 1-game suspension I believe, nothing more and nothing less if we're looking at the similar previous cases.

And when it comes to Stewart, I don't know what to think, is it a pure loss of control or simply a calculated attempt to retaliate?

He looked out of control, but then he was composed enough to put on an act that he's cooled down so that people would stop holding him tightly so that he could go run at Lebron again.

So I think it's an ego thing with him, he simply doesn't want the end result to be that he took more beating than he gave. And that's a pretty dangerous standard to try to live by.

I think the league will suspend him for some time, but I personally would give him 1-game suspension and I'd order him to see a professional for this.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves