Image ImageImage Image

PG: The Return of Coby White Mamba

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,235

Re: PG: The Return of Coby White Mamba 

Post#101 » by Dan Z » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:02 am

VolumePoster wrote:
jordanwilliams6 wrote::evil:
VolumePoster wrote:You start to wonder: what do they really need to be championship level? They're obviously very good already, and playing at an elite, or nearly-elite level. Size and toughness down low, I suppose - a Draymond Green type, not that there are many of them.

Honestly I'm just appreciating it. It's so refreshing to be watching players that are excited to play for and with each other, particularly as it follows the brainless suck & mope fest of the last few years.

Can there be any doubt that AKME is executive of the year?

It’s astonishing when you think about. I’ve gone from thinking hey we’ll be a pretty good team to hey why can’t we win the championship? The roster isn’t 100% there yet but I see no reason why we can’t make 1 or 2 smart acquisitions around the trade deadline to address those weaknesses. We won’t be in the top handful of contenders but that’s not really a concern to me.

There's so much depth that we can afford to move a few players in a consolidation type trade. It's annoying because they've got so much chemistry you don't really want to change anything.

I wonder if they're waiting (A) to see how good they can be with Coby and Vuc playing (B) for the shoe to drop with respect to whatever punishment the league metes, given that draft picks will likely be involved.

What did the Bulls do that was so wrong? I never looked into the details.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#102 » by BullChit » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:07 am

Gotta give it up for DeMVP Derozen!!! I thought he would end up with a bad night overall but he comes through as always!

Key stat to the game though
Randle ; 34 points, 10 rebounds but only 3 assists...
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
DxC17
Junior
And1: 432

Post#103 » by DxC17 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:37 am

Randle is one of the worst scoring matchups for us with Vuc back. Agile, big body tweeners who can bully their way to points are gonna give us fits with Pat down. Vuc can do an adequate job containing the true Cs like Embiid, Jokic, & AD, but lacks the lateral quickness to stay in front of someone like Randle. We don’t have anyone with quickness either that can body them up.

Aaron Gordon exposed this in the Denver game too.

Fortunately there aren’t too many guys built like that in the league right now, but one in particular is of significant concern & that would be Giannis. We don’t have anyone on the roster right now that can hope to slow him down.

In the East, Giannis, Randle, Siakam, Sabonis & Harrell are matchups I’m worried about (and of course KD but that goes without saying)
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,928

Post#104 » by meekrab » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:38 am

Dan Z wrote:
VolumePoster wrote:
jordanwilliams6 wrote::evil:
It’s astonishing when you think about. I’ve gone from thinking hey we’ll be a pretty good team to hey why can’t we win the championship? The roster isn’t 100% there yet but I see no reason why we can’t make 1 or 2 smart acquisitions around the trade deadline to address those weaknesses. We won’t be in the top handful of contenders but that’s not really a concern to me.

There's so much depth that we can afford to move a few players in a consolidation type trade. It's annoying because they've got so much chemistry you don't really want to change anything.

I wonder if they're waiting (A) to see how good they can be with Coby and Vuc playing (B) for the shoe to drop with respect to whatever punishment the league metes, given that draft picks will likely be involved.

What did the Bulls do that was so wrong? I never looked into the details.

Supposedly the investigation is in the final phase, so we should find out soon, if anything.
tunit213
Senior
And1: 398

Post#105 » by tunit213 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:39 am

I’m thinking when we get everyone back healthy I’d like to see this 10 man rotation and minute distribution.

PG- Ball / Caruso
SG- LaVine / White
SF- DeRozan / Ayo
PF- Jones Jr. / Green
C- Vucevic / Bradley

1. Ball 35
2. LaVine 35
3. DeRozan 35
4. Jones Jr. 20
5. Vuc 34

6. Caruso 28
7. White 17
8. Green 12
9. Ayo 10
10. Bradley 10
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 15,261

Post#106 » by Mk0 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:56 am

FriedRise wrote:
Rowland Garrett wrote:
Bulls2021 wrote:Love Caruso, but he needs to stop being an absolute bum on offense.

SERIOUSLY?

Come on man.

Please tell me this wasn't serious.

Guys get SHOOK when they know they have Caruso on them, no matter how big they are.

Read on Twitter

Tag that NSFW. That sh#% is lewd!
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,453

Post#107 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:03 am

Let’s get Vuc and DJJ in at the 4 and 5 and reset the bench. Ayo has played great but we really need Coby for 25 mpg; he’s too good. Billy can figure that out from game to game but I’m happy with running AC and Coby in the backcourt, they complement each other well with green at the 3

We still need to figure out our size issue. If we’re serious about contending we need another legit big that his some girth and height.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,947
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#108 » by MalagaBulls » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:07 am

I just can't get upset about this team's state after really only playing together only 10-11 games & really w/o PWill. I'm just going to enjoy the ride and see how far we go. I can see a 2nd round playoff roster right now w/o even getting to the TDL.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,886

Post#109 » by nomorezorro » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:12 am

when vucevic is back, i’d keep starting caruso and bring djj off the bench (maybe making some matchup-dependent exceptions? idk)

first and foremost, it makes sense to start your five best players, and i think ball/lavine/caruso/derozan/vucevic are clearly our five best players. but also, djj’s been providing a lot of value as a pressure release valve who can attack a defense when they’re loading up on derozan and lavine, and he loses that value in the starting lineup because vucevic fills the same role

i could see a scenario where we need better rim protection next to vucevic and djj ends up being the better fit, but honestly, trusting caruso and ball to swarm big men while also serving as linchpins of our defensive rotations has worked out pretty dang well for us so far. keep riding it until the wheels fall off
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#110 » by BullChit » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:19 am

nomorezorro wrote:when vucevic is back, i’d keep starting caruso and bring djj off the bench (maybe making some matchup-dependent exceptions? idk)

first and foremost, it makes sense to start your five best players, and i think ball/lavine/caruso/derozan/vucevic are clearly our five best players. but also, djj’s been providing a lot of value as a pressure release valve who can attack a defense when they’re loading up on derozan and lavine, and he loses that value in the starting lineup because vucevic fills the same role

i could see a scenario where we need better rim protection next to vucevic and djj ends up being the better fit, but honestly, trusting caruso and ball to swarm big men while also serving as linchpins of our defensive rotations has worked out pretty dang well for us so far. keep riding it until the wheels fall off

I'd say a lot of that depends on how Coby goes in the coming weeks.

If Coby is producing on offense he will need Caruso out there with him.

DJJ I think will work really really well with Vuc so I hope BD gives us a taste of a Ball/Zach/DDR/DDJ/Vuc lineup
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#111 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:25 am

Caruso has great D, but if he is an everyday starter , he can stand to get a lot better .

Not be just Keith bogans offensively
OldSchoolNoBull
General Manager
And1: 3,676

Post#112 » by OldSchoolNoBull » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:57 am

Did anyone else watch this game on league pass?

I ask because I watched the game late(after it was already done) and although I have scores hidden, when you start the game, you can see the duration of the game. In this case, it showed over three and a half hours, so I thought, whoever won this game, it went multiple overtimes. Obviously it turns out that wasn't the case, and instead, it was just a good 35 minutes of the 'game has ended' screen after the game, like somebody somewhere forgot to press a button or something.

But it was a bit amusing because up until the game ended, I thought it was going to overtime, so the Bulls are up by six with thirty-something seconds left, and I'm thinking, is this about to be one of the most monumental collapses in recent memory?

Anyway, just wondered if anyone else noticed the excessively long runtime on league pass.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#113 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:09 am

OldSchoolNoBull wrote:Did anyone else watch this game on league pass?

I ask because I watched the game late(after it was already done) and although I have scores hidden, when you start the game, you can see the duration of the game. In this case, it showed over three and a half hours, so I thought, whoever won this game, it went multiple overtimes. Obviously it turns out that wasn't the case, and instead, it was just a good 35 minutes of the 'game has ended' screen after the game, like somebody somewhere forgot to press a button or something.

But it was a bit amusing because up until the game ended, I thought it was going to overtime, so the Bulls are up by six with thirty-something seconds left, and I'm thinking, is this about to be one of the most monumental collapses in recent memory?

Anyway, just wondered if anyone else noticed the excessively long runtime on league pass.

1 of the biggest gyps in retail . Can’t watch your local team on league pass
OldSchoolNoBull
General Manager
And1: 3,676

Post#114 » by OldSchoolNoBull » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:12 am

bearadonisdna wrote:
OldSchoolNoBull wrote:Did anyone else watch this game on league pass?

1 of the biggest gyps in retail . Can’t watch your local team on league pass

It's necessary for me - I don't live in Chicago or even Illinois, so I get all Bulls games that aren't nationally televised.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,402

Post#115 » by fleet » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:56 am

kodo wrote:Win or lose I hate micro-ball. This stuff isn’t going to work through 1 round of the playoffs.

I tend to agree. And1 for “micro-ball”
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#116 » by TheFinishSniper » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:00 am

DxC17 wrote:Randle is one of the worst scoring matchups for us with Vuc back. Agile, big body tweeners who can bully their way to points are gonna give us fits with Pat down. Vuc can do an adequate job containing the true Cs like Embiid, Jokic, & AD, but lacks the lateral quickness to stay in front of someone like Randle. We don’t have anyone with quickness either that can body them up.

Aaron Gordon exposed this in the Denver game too.

Fortunately there aren’t too many guys built like that in the league right now, but one in particular is of significant concern & that would be Giannis. We don’t have anyone on the roster right now that can hope to slow him down.

In the East, Giannis, Randle, Siakam, Sabonis & Harrell are matchups I’m worried about (and of course KD but that goes without saying)

I mean, beside Giannis if your team losses to Siakam, Sabonis, Harrell in playoffs game let say, we can say Bulls arent very good. That means we didnt create advantage or took advantage of our backcourt or our center, both offense and defense and we let lower guys on totem pole to beat you.

I want to say it's innefficent to build a team to beat Siakam, Sabonis, Harrell. And it's even more harder to build a team with no weaknesses at all. It's something you need to live with it. Yes Bulls have weakness at PF, but we possibly have strenghts in matchups on other positions. Thing is AKME needs to evaluate this roster by trade deadline and see if there is deal to be struck around the league to improve PF position.

At some point micro ball will fail. It's a given.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,749

Post#117 » by dougthonus » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:49 am

VolumePoster wrote:There's so much depth that we can afford to move a few players in a consolidation type trade. It's annoying because they've got so much chemistry you don't really want to change anything.

From a very practical perspective, you probably can't make a trade right now. A lot of the sellers, particularly of impact players aren't going to move this early. The targets I have named are: Harrison Barnes, Christian Wood, Pascal Siakam, and Jerami Grant. Those teams probably aren't set on their direction yet, and even if they know they are selling, they'll hold out to try and get better offers.

We simply don't have a killer offer to make. Our best bet is Coby + Pat + TBJ + Portland pick for one of those guys. That's probably a backup offer if they can't find something better not something anyone jumps at. For Coby, he also needs more games like last night for someone to make him a valuable chip in that offer.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Post#118 » by CBS7 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:49 am

Coby white bringing his PER up to a fat 0.0!
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,749

Post#119 » by dougthonus » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:50 am

CBS7 wrote:Coby white bringing his PER up to a fat 0.0!

11.8 improvement in 1 game is nothing to sneeze at :lol:
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Just_Bullz
Veteran
And1: 629

Post#120 » by Just_Bullz » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:02 pm

Top in the east but strive for more.
Now Zach and DDR need to make their teammates better.
Do not let up on the pursue for greatness.
On to the next.

Return to Chicago Bulls