ImageImage

PG Thread: I Guess No One Cared

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

All The Bucks
Junior
And1: 1,265

Re: PG Thread: I Guess No One Cared 

Post#61 » by All The Bucks » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:38 pm

Yeah and maybe we can wait to have that discussion you know when it actually happens?
"Your values is in disarray, prioritizin' horribly. Unhappy with the riches 'cause you're piss poor morally" - Abraham Lincoln
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Post#62 » by raferfenix » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:39 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:You're assuming we're gonna get healthy. Don't be surprised if Brook doesn't come back this year.

Hey VooDoo, is this based on inside info, or more your analysis?

To GOS’s points, if BroLo is out for the year, it would be even more damaging to the Bucks in the context of letting Tucker walk. Yes we’d still need an additional true center but it is already looking obvious that we could put PJ’s minutes to good use if ownership would have prioritized keeping him.

On the other hand, the Shams interview would be way strange if Lopez thinks he really might be out for months longer if not the whole season. Maybe Brook’s injury is that bad but he doesn’t act that way here:

Read on Twitter
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,929

Post#63 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:05 pm

thanks for the shams video!! hadnt seen that and at least its something. its weird how intentionally vague he was even in that tho.

just wanted just to generate a more frenetic and urgent discussion on ddv and now lopez specifically. as many of you know i enjoy stirring the pot for discussion on the board in this manner. its far from the first time.

obviously in this case its completely backfired so my bad. honestly i just think were a more casual group now so if anything i'll learn to be more careful. im not a "better fan" than any of you here. i just love a good debate and we really need a center and our front office needs to be more on point and creative than ever after this win. the last thing i want to see is complacency from them whether it exists here or not.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,929

Post#64 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:09 pm

All The Bucks wrote:Yeah and maybe we can wait to have that discussion you know when it actually happens?

no offense but you do realize thats pretty much how nothings ever been discussed here right?

whats made this board great is pretty much the exact opposite of what youre suggesting is the "proper way to discuss sports". 100 page threads on rumors or insider tips is what we all love and why gobs of lurkers follow this place.

again tho... this is setting you all off that im picking a fight over it so i'll cease and desist... for now
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#65 » by skones » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:30 pm

tedbrogen wrote:
skones wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:
I would lean towards they haven’t made a panic trade or signing yet because they believe Brook will be back sooner rather than later and in the meantime they can assess the Semis and Hoods of the team to see if they provide any rotational value (Semi appears a lost cause but Hood is at 41% from 3 albeit in a small sample size).

This is my issue. A signing or a trade wouldn't be a panic move. The reality of back injuries is that they are often stress induced and have to be managed. Even if Brook comes back soon, we don't want him to have to carry a heavy load for the rest of the season. At his age and his size, the back will continue to be a concern. We've seen our roster exposed over the course of the last 17 games. The wear and tear trickles down with players. Giannis takes on more, Bobby takes on more, etc. and come end of the season, that affects your overall ability to stay fresh. We're pinching pennies right now and we need bodies that can contribute. Half of our roster is junk.

I guess I just understand the realities of the back half of the roster for a team so top heavy with talent. Go look at the back half of the roster dynasty Warriors or LeBron’s Heat.

Lebron Wade Bosh, Curry Durant Klay Green, are not equal to Giannis Khris Jrue.

But sure, let's go with the Heat. You've got Udonis Haslem, James Jones, Rashard Lewis, and Joel Anthony rounding out their 10-13 in the finals. The Warriors? You have Zaza Pachulia, David West, Nick Young, and Quinn Cook rounding out their 10-13 in the finals. Are you sure we're looking at the same reality?

The back half of our roster is certainly affected by the lack of our flexibility. It's also woefully bad even WITH our lack of flexibility. There are guys out there that are just flat out better.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#66 » by emunney » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:05 pm

My thing is that you should really have at least 3 bigs who play good interior defense on the roster. Just a general roster principle, like having 3 point guards so you aren't caught in a situation where you don't have anybody who can get you into your offense quickly.

That we don't is a roster problem independent of Brook's health. If he or Giannis has foul trouble, we should be able to put a capable defensive unit on the floor without affecting the minutes for the other one.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks