ImageImageImage

Random question from a non Pistons fan regarding yesterday's incident

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

SimonFish
General Manager
And1: 2,026

Random question from a non Pistons fan regarding yesterday's incident 

Post#1 » by SimonFish » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:04 am

So I am reading the play by play and noticed that Josh Jackson entered the game for Stewart after he was rejected. Jackson split the free throws off Lebron's flagrant foul at 9:18. Jackson was then replaced by Lyles at 8:57.

So my question is, why was it Jackson in the first place? Jackson's career FT% (65%) is lower than both Lyles (75%) and Garza (small sample size but he was a solid shooter for his size in college).
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Re: Random question from a non Pistons fan regarding yesterday's incident 

Post#2 » by chrbal » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:07 pm

Other than Casey, how would anyone know that?

No idea
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#3 » by Manocad » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:15 pm

chrbal wrote:Other than Casey, how would anyone know that?

No idea

Beyond that, I'm not sure why anyone would care. Especially a non-Pistons fan.
SimonFish
General Manager

Post#4 » by SimonFish » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:22 pm

Manocad wrote:

No idea

well thats why its a random question...
Irate
Freshman
And1: 37

Post#5 » by Irate » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:25 pm

SimonFish wrote:So I am reading the play by play and noticed that Josh Jackson entered the game for Stewart after he was rejected. Jackson split the free throws off Lebron's flagrant foul at 9:18. Jackson was then replaced by Lyles at 8:57.

So my question is, why was it Jackson in the first place? Jackson's career FT% (65%) is lower than both Lyles (75%) and Garza (small sample size but he was a solid shooter for his size in college).

Stewart was ejected so he couldn't shoot the FT's from the Lebron flagrant. When an ejected player is owed FT's the opposing team gets to pick who shoots them.
SimonFish
General Manager

Post#6 » by SimonFish » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:33 pm

Irate wrote:
SimonFish wrote:So I am reading the play by play and noticed that Josh Jackson entered the game for Stewart after he was rejected. Jackson split the free throws off Lebron's flagrant foul at 9:18. Jackson was then replaced by Lyles at 8:57.

Stewart was ejected so he couldn't shoot the FT's from the Lebron flagrant. When an ejected player is owed FT's the opposing team gets to pick who shoots them.
Ahh that actually makes sense. thanks a lot!
Manocad
RealGM

Post#7 » by Manocad » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:51 pm

SimonFish wrote:
Manocad wrote:

No idea

A random question would be a question not relevant to the context in which it's asked. Example: In a discussion about whether or not Lebron truly is a king piece of s**t, someone asks if the Lions will win a game this season. Asking in a basketball forum why a particular player shot free throws in particular game situation therefore wouldn't be random. I would classify it as insignificant, hence my response.

In any case, you have your answer which is good; it sure as hell beats my smartass remarks.
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#8 » by 440BB » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:13 pm

There is something in common between the thread title and the example though.

In the first case, a question was raised and clarified by the facts.

In the second case a question was raised, and can also be clarified by the facts:

Given that Lebron is a king spoiled bully piece of s**t, he is therefore implicitly a king piece of s**t.

One does wonder at times whether Miguel Cabrera can ice skate. Just a random thought.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,303

Post#9 » by Moses ShamMoses » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:09 pm

Odd question but interesting answer. I didn't realize the other team could pick a player to shoot the free throws currently on the bench..
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
Cowology
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,667

Post#10 » by Cowology » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:14 pm

Manocad wrote:
SimonFish wrote:
Manocad wrote:Beyond that, I'm not sure why anyone would care. Especially a non-Pistons fan.

A random question would be a question not relevant to the context in which it's asked. Example: In a discussion about whether or not Lebron truly is a king piece of s**t, someone asks if the Lions will win a game this season. Asking in a basketball forum why a particular player shot free throws in particular game situation therefore wouldn't be random. I would classify it as insignificant, hence my response.

In any case, you have your answer which is good; it sure as hell beats my smartass remarks.

Most things beat your smart ass remarks, but that's never stopped you before.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#11 » by Liqourish » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:44 pm

Cowology wrote:
Manocad wrote:
SimonFish wrote:well thats why its a random question...

:lol:
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#12 » by DetroitSho » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:46 pm

Moses ShamMoses wrote:Odd question but interesting answer. I didn't realize the other team could pick a player to shoot the free throws currently on the bench..
First realized this years ago when Boston was playing somebody and the other team chose rookie Kendrick Perkins bum ass to shoot free throws. It was close late in the game and you knew he was scared. I heard his knees shaking and clapping together.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Manocad
RealGM

Post#13 » by Manocad » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:48 pm

Cowology wrote:
Manocad wrote:
SimonFish wrote:well thats why its a random question...

Nope, Especially not when it bugs people who are wrapped a little too tight for life and overstate the importance of an internet forum.
breezypeezy
Senior
And1: 290

Post#14 » by breezypeezy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:43 pm

I lurnt me sumtn . :lol:
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,786

Post#15 » by DBC10 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:24 pm

Moses ShamMoses wrote:Odd question but interesting answer. I didn't realize the other team could pick a player to shoot the free throws currently on the bench..

I sure as hell learned something on here then. Nice random question

Return to Detroit Pistons