Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA : 21-22 Edition

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Re: Around The NBA : 21-22 Edition 

Post#341 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:29 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Phoenix put up 48 points in the 1st quarter against Denver.

This just echo's my irritant for the national sports media.

Phoenix has won a ridiculous 12 straight games and you wouldnt even know unless you are a hardcore fan of the game. The National media will talk about the Lakers after every single game they play but not even mention oh by the way, the significantly better team the Suns have won a crazy amount in a row.

Well it’s not like they were in the NBA finals last season… oh wait
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,414

Post#342 » by ImSlower » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:30 am

Hell I have to absolutely agree with DASMACKDOWN. I have been playing really close attention to all the East coast teams beating up on each other, but I don't really look much at the Western Conference outside of headlines and the General Board here. I knew the Suns were hot but I honestly had no idea until you said this that they had won that many in a row.

It's mostly my fault for glossing over PHO in the box scores, but The Athletic which I read daily has barely mentioned it (I never read Power Rankings this early in a season). ESPN doesn't have a word about it on their front page. Go Suns.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,017

Post#343 » by FriedRise » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:40 am

Read on Twitter

:lol:
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#344 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:06 am

LeBron has to pay for the closed fist. Stewart has to pay for the reaction. Both need a suspension. Stewart’s over reaction might get Lebron off the hook. His initial was justified for sure but running down the hall etc… will help LBJ’s case.
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,414

Post#345 » by ImSlower » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:14 am

Michael Jackson wrote:LeBron has to pay for the closed fist. Stewart has to pay for the reaction. Both need a suspension. Stewart’s over reaction might get Lebron off the hook. His initial was justified for sure but running down the hall etc… will help LBJ’s case.

Now that I've watched a bunch of feeds, I absolutely agree on both counts. Lebron's shot was absolutely vicious - he's strong as hell, that was a closed fist and he had strength behind it. Having watched it cycle about 50 times, I think he lost it for a moment and did want to hit Stewart hard, but was going for a body blow across the chest, but Stewart was ducked down about eight inches below where James thought he was. That's the most positive take I can think of on Lebron's motive at that second.

Unfortunately, Stewart went postal and had to be restrained by a heroic Cade Cunningham blocking him from that second lunge one on one with only Lakers and a staff guy behind him. Then that awful tunnel rush? Yikes. Lebron should get 2 games. One is not enough. Stewart might deserve more, especially after someone else posted that clip of him dry humping Blake Griffin after they threw each other down. He has one heck of a temper.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#346 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:20 am

ImSlower wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:LeBron has to pay for the closed fist. Stewart has to pay for the reaction. Both need a suspension. Stewart’s over reaction might get Lebron off the hook. His initial was justified for sure but running down the hall etc… will help LBJ’s case.

Now that I've watched a bunch of feeds, I absolutely agree on both counts. Lebron's shot was absolutely vicious - he's strong as hell, that was a closed fist and he had strength behind it. Having watched it cycle about 50 times, I think he lost it for a moment and did want to hit Stewart hard, but was going for a body blow across the chest, but Stewart was ducked down about eight inches below where James thought he was. That's the most positive take I can think of on Lebron's motive at that second.

Unfortunately, Stewart went postal and had to be restrained by a heroic Cade Cunningham blocking him from that second lunge one on one with only Lakers and a staff guy behind him. Then that awful tunnel rush? Yikes. Lebron should get 2 games. One is not enough. Stewart might deserve more, especially after someone else posted that clip of him dry humping Blake Griffin after they threw each other down. He has one heck of a temper.

The Blake one was more understandable and in context makes sense, but it is becoming a pattern of behavior that is an issue. Blake can be a punk and Stewart is aggressive. Hell he got LeBron to react (smart) but couldn’t control his reaction (stupid). I mean it’s nice to honor the team you come from and all by being a bad boy but keep it under check. Next he will kick a cameraman lol.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,755

Post#347 » by Jcool0 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:21 am

Probably good the Bulls passed on him

Read on Twitter
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#348 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:33 am

Jcool0 wrote:Probably good the Bulls passed on him

Read on Twitter

That’s a shame, but that’s why he dropped. This is a serious issue. Sucks for Denver that he stayed healthy just long enough to get paid. Cripples what they can do to build around Jokic if he can’t come back
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,025

Post#349 » by coldfish » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:41 pm

Jokic is a UFA the same season as Vucevic. Does someone want to make the "welcome to Chicago Joker!" thread now or should we wait a little?

Everyone knows that is the plan, right?
TyrusRose2425
Head Coach
And1: 4,589

Post#350 » by TyrusRose2425 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:31 pm

coldfish wrote:Jokic is a UFA the same season as Vucevic. Does someone want to make the "welcome to Chicago Joker!" thread now or should we wait a little?

100%

If he knows he wants to leave, I wonder if he tells the Nuggets this summer so that they get something in return for him. Vucevic + 1st(s) this summer maybe for him.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,025

Post#351 » by coldfish » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:45 pm

TyrusRose2425 wrote:
coldfish wrote:Jokic is a UFA the same season as Vucevic. Does someone want to make the "welcome to Chicago Joker!" thread now or should we wait a little?

100%

If he knows he wants to leave, I wonder if he tells the Nuggets this summer so that they get something in return for him. Vucevic + 1st(s) this summer maybe for him.

With one year left on his deal, he could basically pull a AD and say "I'm going to Chicago".
TyrusRose2425
Head Coach
And1: 4,589

Post#352 » by TyrusRose2425 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:02 pm

coldfish wrote:
TyrusRose2425 wrote:

100%

With one year left on his deal, he could basically pull a AD and say "I'm going to Chicago".

Yep and Vucevic is at least good enough for them to continue on as a playoff team. Send them Coby White too or get some assets for him and flip those to Denver too and it's better than nothing for them.

I seriously doubt it happens but it'd be great if he already got things started at the deadline. Porter possibly out for the season + Murray out for who knows how long + Jokic currently out. They could be fighting to even just make the playoffs by the deadline if they don't start getting lucky.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#353 » by jake_swivel » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:23 pm

ImSlower wrote:
Having watched it cycle about 50 times, I think he lost it for a moment and did want to hit Stewart hard, but was going for a body blow across the chest, but Stewart was ducked down about eight inches below where James thought he was.

This is what I’m seeing too. LeBron was trying to give him a hard elbow to the shoulder/chest. When you elbow someone, you often clinch your fist. LeBron was trying to send a message with the elbow for sure. He just missed and absolutely cracked Stewart with the fist. LeBron sent a different message than he intended, but that’s a risk you take when you start throwing hard elbows intended to hit an opponent.

And for the people saying Stewart overreacted, well yeah, but he really went nuts when he saw blood gushing down his face. If you’ve ever gotten cracked, you know you get angry, but when blood goes everywhere, it’s a pretty natural reaction to lose it. I don’t blame Stewart at all for his reaction. That’s fight or flight, and LeBron flipped the animal switch.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,680

Post#354 » by madvillian » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:35 pm

Chicago has quite a few Serbs, no?
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,949

Post#355 » by Chi town » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:18 pm

I see Jokic staying in DEN. He doesn't seem to be the title chaser type.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,188

Post#356 » by kodo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:38 pm

The closed fist punch is going to be easy, plenty of past incidents and expected penalties (multi game suspension).

What Stewart repeatedly tried to do will be interesting. Fit of rage, sure. But he calmed down multiple times and still tried to get at Lebron, even faking that he was done. Taking the tunnel exit to come out the other side was especially premeditated. I'm really curious to see what the league does here because Stew never was able to make contact, but he clearly had a lot of intent.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,413

Post#357 » by Ice Man » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:52 pm

madvillian wrote:Chicago has quite a few Serbs, no?

Yep. Surely more than Denver does.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,203

Post#358 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:31 pm

Did AK draft Jokic? Assuming the two are close, but that’s just an assumption…
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,585

Post#359 » by JohnnyTapwater » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:41 pm

omg Jokic added to THIS? lol
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,310

Post#360 » by d boy gentleman » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:02 pm

Yeah, he re-signs with Denver for the Supermax and about 50 million more than the Bulls can offer :dontknow:
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.

Return to Chicago Bulls