ImageImageImage

Around The League: 2021-2022 Season 1.0

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Re: Around The League: 2021-2022 Season 1.0 

Post#101 » by DCasey91 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:34 pm

If you want the Sixers to run it like the Spurs it’s like this (As it always should have been from the beginning of time).

Only Embiid/Ben are allowed inside. The other three stays out unless to cut and attack and reposition the outside ala 3 JJ reddick’s/Tony Parker’s essentially that way there’s always a two man game revolving around both the bigs. Ben’s the Point Forward not the PG and Embiid is the dominate highly effective big that has a 52+ FG%.

But alas both didn’t do what they are supposed to. Some of it does come at the FO/Coaching/Gameplan’s fault. Because they aren’t those players in the end.

Have ball in Butler/Maxey’s hand and attack attack attack, Embiid and Ben both become huge beneficiaries from it. Diaw shot low 30% on 3p and low 70*% from FT for his career.

But the monster trio is there for us Embiid/Ben/Maxey it’s that our coach, fo and the two knuckleheads themselves are the problem.

Conclusion Tobithus is the worst signing in Sixers history and will be our undoing not Ben.

I’d rather watch paint dry then him scoring 20 no impact 75+ dribble dribbles to get those measly numbers in a score friendly era.

It should have been sign 2 Niangs (one in the starting unit and one off the bench that’s not a center like cement Drummond/Howard/Amir/Monroe stop recreating Embiid off the bench it doesn’t work) that’s our 4 bigs the rest 6”6 or under that can yeet/ballhandle/score/defend no raw skilled sh*t.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#102 » by Tomjas » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:08 pm

DCasey91 wrote:If you want the Sixers to run it like the Spurs it’s like this (As it always should have been from the beginning of time).

Only Embiid/Ben are allowed inside. The other three stays out unless to cut and attack and reposition the outside ala 3 JJ reddick’s/Tony Parker’s essentially that way there’s always a two man game revolving around both the bigs. Ben’s the Point Forward not the PG and Embiid is the dominate highly effective big that has a 52+ FG%.

But alas both didn’t do what they are supposed to. Some of it does come at the FO/Coaching/Gameplan’s fault. Because they aren’t those players in the end.

Have ball in Butler/Maxey’s hand and attack attack attack, Embiid and Ben both become huge beneficiaries from it. Diaw shot low 30% on 3p and low 70*% from FT for his career.

But the monster trio is there for us Embiid/Ben/Maxey it’s that our coach, fo and the two knuckleheads themselves are the problem.

Conclusion Tobithus is the worst signing in Sixers history and will be our undoing not Ben.

I’d rather watch paint dry then him scoring 20 no impact 75+ dribble dribbles to get those measly numbers in a score friendly era.

It should have been sign 2 Niangs (one in the starting unit and one off the bench that’s not a center like cement Drummond/Howard/Amir/Monroe stop recreating Embiid off the bench it doesn’t work) that’s our 4 bigs the rest 6”6 or under that can yeet/ballhandle/score/defend no raw skilled sh*t.

Tobias scored 28 yesterday and a box watcher could potentially conclude that he was very good

And then you watch the game…

He stunts the offence and that’s in a game without Joel or Ben

It’s a mystery to me as to why we haven’t heard the faintest rumour of him being shopped and l can only conclude that he’s either viewed as a positive or that his contract is so bad that it’s a pointless exercise
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#103 » by DCasey91 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:24 pm

Harris sucks, when the clippers made the playoffs it was Gallo, Harrell, and Lou destroying. Harris was the prop up guy like here at the Sixers. Everytime his payday was coming on a trash team he got moved. We were stupid enough not just to pay him but significantly overpay him.

DLO is the same deal and the Nets were stupid enough to do the deal but weren’t as mindnumbingly dumb not to move on from him at the first opportunity.

I don’t think teams want Harris without an asset attached to him or if they go full tank mode and we get low picks back which I’m A okay with simple addition by subtraction.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#104 » by Tomjas » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:32 am

That wasn’t good from LeBron

Read on Twitter
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,902

Post#105 » by mjkvol » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:12 am

DCasey91 wrote:Harris sucks, when the clippers made the playoffs it was Gallo, Harrell, and Lou destroying. Harris was the prop up guy like here at the Sixers. Everytime his payday was coming on a trash team he got moved. We were stupid enough not just to pay him but significantly overpay him.

DLO is the same deal and the Nets were stupid enough to do the deal but weren’t as mindnumbingly dumb not to move on from him at the first opportunity.

I don’t think teams want Harris without an asset attached to him or if they go full tank mode and we get low picks back which I’m A okay with simple addition by subtraction.

The worst thing, and one that amazingly enough I think might be the case, is that the Sixers view Harris as a core piece and leader and have no intention of moving him. Otherwise, it's unlikely that we wouldn't have heard a rumor of a rumor here or there, but there's nothing. Hard to fathom.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#106 » by mjkvol » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:14 am

Tomjas wrote:That wasn’t good from LeBron

Read on Twitter

"Wasn't good?"

I only wish Stewart had been able to get to LeJerk and repay him for the cheap shot.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,863

Post#107 » by Stanford » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:25 am

Is there a better angle of the incident?

Yep
Read on Twitter

lol, wow, LeBron sucks
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,535

Post#108 » by 76ciology » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:08 am

LeBron is getting frustrated and stressed with this circus team he’s playing with.

I even think he’s being a primadona and trying to not to play that much
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#109 » by 76ciology » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:23 am

Read on Twitter
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#110 » by mjkvol » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:19 am

76ciology wrote:LeBron is getting frustrated and stressed with this circus team he’s playing with.

Right. There's some justification for punching an opponent in the face.

If Stewart just understood the frustration and stress that LeQueen is enduring, I'm sure he wouldn't have reacted the same way - in fact, he might have apologized.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,443

Post#111 » by Eyeamok » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:51 pm

mjkvol wrote:
Tomjas wrote:That wasn’t good from LeBron

Read on Twitter

"Wasn't good?"

I only wish Stewart had been able to get to LeJerk and repay him for the cheap shot.

Yeah but he broke free of everyone and ran towards Lebron then he slowed down so he could be stopped again. Did he really want to get to Lebron?
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,811

Post#112 » by Mik317 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:24 pm

I like to trash on Bron like the next guy but Stewart is a blowhard. He plays hard for sure but often does small dirty things himself and got a taste of his own medicine IMO.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
76ciology
RealGM

Post#113 » by 76ciology » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:05 pm

mjkvol wrote:
76ciology wrote:LeBron is getting frustrated and stressed with this circus team he’s playing with.

Right. There's some justification for punching an opponent in the face.

If Stewart just understood the frustration and stress that LeQueen is enduring, I'm sure he wouldn't have reacted the same way - in fact, he might have apologized.

Lakers was fighting for their life against… the pistons :lol:
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,805

Post#114 » by Negrodamus » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:09 pm

Jeez, this whole LeBron-Stewart situation is so weird.

Used to be confined to ESPN reporting it, the local sports media talking about it on the radio, perhaps there'd be bad blood after which would provide a storyline, and that's it.

Now we have Shams reporting that LeBron tried to get Isaiah's number so he could tell him it was inadvertent (clearly concerned about his reputation/legacy)? Lakers fans all over the internet are showing their ass saying how Isaiah should be "thrown out of the league" for the way he acted?

I sometimes like the drama of the NBA that extends to social media but this is silly.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#115 » by GoSixersBro » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:53 am

The funny thing is if this happened and LeBron was still on the Cavaliers you wouldn't see all these Lakers bending over backwards defending the elbow. I swear since Kobe passed (RIP) they stooped to a whole new level.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
76ciology
RealGM

Post#116 » by 76ciology » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:35 am

Spoiler:
76ciology wrote:Perimeter players: Iso and PnR scoring
Bigs: Post and PnR scoring

Aside from exceptional 1v1 players like Biid, KD and etc.

Is perimeter players trying to score on ISO similar to bigs trying to post up? Where its much better for a players to attack a defender via PnR than 1v1?

Like for instance if you are Dennis Schroeder and you want to attack Seth’s defense, Schroeder can score more efficient by running a PnR than just straight up attacking Seth on isolation. This makes a guy like Seth’s defense not that big of a liability, also explains how we can be a top defensive team despite having Seth or JJ on defense.

This also explains why Trae Young is highly playable. Trae is not a good defender and is undersized. But if you try to beat his 1v1 defense over his PnR offense, you’ll lose that game. And if you now run a contest between your PnR and his PnR, Hawks’ has the right roster structure to defend the PnR with Capela or Collins being able to step out and switch and Capela or Collins being able to rotate to protect the rim. While on the offensive end, Trae is one of the top PnR players in the league.

Now going to the 2018 playoff series against the Celts. Celts were attacking JJ on defense. I do think we could have done a better job on defense. But the real issue was our offense, whereas if we can score more efficiently on offense, let’s say we have Brogdon in Ben’s place running the PnR we’d still be able to outscore them. For instance Biid can camp in the paint and we can let it be a battle of highly contested iso baskets and Baynes shooting 3s over Brogdon’s PnR game. The problem in that series is really more on how bad our offense was that Celts was able to read what we’re doing with all the handoffs, leading to a LOT of turnovers.

1v1 play is important. But it’s frequency should not be that much compared to PnR. And it should only be used on mismatches mostly due to PnR switches.

And today’s game, it’s really just a battle of how good your team is in pick and roll. While you try to compensate or make the gap bigger on the other things like ORebs and transition baskets off deflections.

And lastly, do we really need that ISO perimeter scorer? When we already have Embiid for ISO play?

If Maxey can make ISO scoring on small volumes but on high efficiency, wouldn’t that be enough since we’re just going to rely on this kind of scoring not as much as PnR play?

Why boston is struggling and wont win a championship.

Read on Twitter
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#117 » by agiaco » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:14 am

Mik317 wrote:I like to trash on Bron like the next guy but Stewart is a blowhard. He plays hard for sure but often does small dirty things himself and got a taste of his own medicine IMO.

This. Not surprised he's a guy who is getting hit. He plays dirty. Regardless, dumb move by LeBron. However maybe dumber continued reaction to fight on the court by Stewart.
blargh
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#118 » by blargh » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:49 am

Man, this Lakers-Knicks game is brutal to watch.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#119 » by Tomjas » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:47 pm

Nuggets are cursed

Read on Twitter
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#120 » by Tomjas » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:18 am