D
No votes
E
4%

Total votes: 80

Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Re: Welcome to Detroit Cade Cunningham!!! 

Post#141 » by Manocad » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:30 pm

I'm not going to go back and dig it up but I think Cade is right now just about at what most people predicted his stats would be for points, rebounds and assists. I think 16-18/7/6 was right on what most people were predicting.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#142 » by Liqourish » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:32 pm

Manocad wrote:I'm not going to go back and dig it up but I think Cade is right now just about at what most people predicted his stats would be for points, rebounds and assists. I think 16-18/7/6 was right on what most people were predicting.

My prediction was under that, but I'm happy to be wrong. I'd like to see him cut down on 3's and get to the line more. But overall, he's about right where I expected the rookie to be.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#143 » by Manocad » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:08 pm

I had the 16-18 PPG right (all predictions were in the 15-20 range) but it looks like the boards and assists were generally in the 5 and 4 range.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2105672&start=20

So realistically other than the shooting percentage I think it's safe to say that Cade is outperforming our expectations.
Liqourish
RealGM

Post#144 » by Liqourish » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:28 pm

Shooting percentages, right now amongst rookie wings, are all in the 35-39% range. While it's something for them to work on, I don't think it's an aberration for one rookie .
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#145 » by DetroitSho » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:31 pm

Manocad wrote:I had the 16-18 PPG right (all predictions were in the 15-20 range) but it looks like the boards and assists were generally in the 5 and 4 range.

So realistically other than the shooting percentage I think it's safe to say that Cade is outperforming our expectations.
That's funny, I planned on going back and looking at that thread because I noticed he was already at 6 rbs and 5 assists and thinking it's going to get even better for both. I think dude will be around 18-7-6 when all is said and done. He's winning rookie of the year too.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#146 » by MotownMadness » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:44 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
Manocad wrote:I had the 16-18 PPG right (all predictions were in the 15-20 range) but it looks like the boards and assists were generally in the 5 and 4 range.

That's funny, I planned on going back and looking at that thread because I noticed he was already at 6 rbs and 5 assists and thinking it's going to get even better for both. I think dude will be around 18-7-6 when all is said and done. He's winning rookie of the year too.

Can you bump that thread or try to repost the link, that one you can't click on and I would like to see my predictions
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,042

Post#147 » by bstein14 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:44 pm

I had Cade at 16, 5, and 4 and also stated that I didn't expect anyone on our team to average 20+ PPG. Honestly his scoring has been worse than likely anyone of us would have predicted at 14.1 PPG on low percentages, but there is obviously still plenty of time for him to clean that up. His overall usage has been a bit higher than I thought it would be (25.4% and I said he and Grant would both be at 25%, (Grant is at 26%). His 6.4 is for sure better than expected he often swoops in from the perimeter to be right in the right place to grab a board. Obviously that 6.4 number is boosted by us being awful at shooting as well as by us being small up front. I would bet its likely he doesn't have very many seasons in his career where he averages 7+ rebounds per game. In reality his assist numbers are also slightly more than I predicted but he has struggled with poor passing and that is where most of his TOs are coming from (not by being stripped while penetrating or handling the ball) so hopefully that is something he can cut down on... and of course if we start shooting a little bit better it seems fairly likely that Cade could get that number to 5+ assists per game this season.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,042

Post#148 » by bstein14 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:45 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:

Can you bump that thread or try to repost the link, that one you can't click on and I would like to see my predictions

MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#149 » by MotownMadness » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:55 pm

Haha, I predicted 20/3/5
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#150 » by 440BB » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:12 pm

I'm pleased with Cunningham's progress, considering he sat out training camp and the preseason games. I expected it to take him about a month to return to game shape and sharpness, while beginning to figure out how to play effectively with his new teammates.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,503

Post#151 » by whitehops » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:14 am

safe to say cade has finally had his "welcome to the nba" moment:

breezypeezy
Senior
And1: 303

Post#152 » by breezypeezy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:21 pm

You could probably fill out an All Star roster with players that Mr Davis has blocked, so the noise around that sequence of plays is overhyped.
I remember Tobias used to get stuffed driving the lane.....thing is he kept attacking the basket.
Keep attacking the basket Cade, get blocked by AD, adjust and then attack again.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#153 » by DBC10 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:29 pm

bstein14 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:That's funny, I planned on going back and looking at that thread because I noticed he was already at 6 rbs and 5 assists and thinking it's going to get even better for both. I think dude will be around 18-7-6 when all is said and done. He's winning rookie of the year too.

Nearly everyone one was correct on the shooting part. That usually comes last for rookies, and to the near end of the season once they get used to the pace and the extended 3 point line compared to college

I'm surprised at my 16-18 pt prediction, totally thought I whiffed there and underrated it for some reason. But the 5 reb/5 ast I had underestimated, since getting a 5 & 5 is generally fairly hard to begin with for rookies. I didn't think Cade was this good of a rebounder though but that may be in due part because our frontcourt presence is lacking in terms of rebounding & size so Cade had to step up
Manocad
RealGM

Post#154 » by Manocad » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:59 pm

DBC10 wrote:
bstein14 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: Can you bump that thread or try to repost the link, that one you can't click on and I would like to see my predictions

Nearly everyone one was correct on the shooting part. That usually comes last for rookies, and to the near end of the season once they get used to the pace and the extended 3 point line compared to college

I'm surprised at my 16-18 pt prediction, totally thought I whiffed there and underrated it for some reason. But the 5 reb/5 ast I had underestimated, since getting a 5 & 5 is generally fairly hard to begin with for rookies. I didn't think Cade was this good of a rebounder though but that may be in due part because our frontcourt presence is lacking in terms of rebounding & size so Cade had to step up

I don't think Cade's rebounding is as much a result of a lack of front court size as him just being a good rebounder. The problem with the Pistons rebounding, and I've posted this before, was that none of them looked any good at it relative to being in the right place at the right time. Too deep under the hoop (Lyles, looking at you), too far out (didn't roll to the hoop after the shot went off), or still being flat footed after the ball comes off the rim (Stew). Cade IS however in the right place at the right time to get rebounds.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#155 » by DBC10 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:17 pm

Manocad wrote:
DBC10 wrote:
bstein14 wrote:viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2105672&start=20

I don't think Cade's rebounding is as much a result of a lack of front court size as him just being a good rebounder. The problem with the Pistons rebounding, and I've posted this before, was that none of them looked any good at it relative to being in the right place at the right time. Too deep under the hoop (Lyles, looking at you), too far out (didn't roll to the hoop after the shot went off), or still being flat footed after the ball comes off the rim (Stew). Cade IS however in the right place at the right time to get rebounds.

It almost makes you miss the glory days of Drummond. Almost
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,704

Post#156 » by zeebneeb » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:18 pm

Cade rebounds so he can lead the break. I've seen some people(not necessarily here)poo-pooing Cades triple/double because of his shooting.

I mean, good luck with that. If Cade was hitting his shots, we would be looking at a high 30's, possibly 40 point triple double, and he would already be crowned the next Luka.

Now we'll just have to wait until he gets his next TD with good %'s.

Just for reference;

Luka didn't get his first Triple/double until his 45th game.

James-37th game, second season.

Westbrook-60th game season 1

Jokic-42 game, second season

Harden-48th game, 4th season

Kidd-68th game, season 1

Simmons-4th game season 1

Bird-14th game, season 1

G. Hill-61st game, season 1

Taken from career leaders of triple doubles, for context.
breezypeezy
Senior
And1: 303

Post#157 » by breezypeezy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:44 pm

That was a good point on the rebounding being about getting to those spots, which is as big a factor as having the great height.
Wallace and Rodman were neither the tallest guys on their rosters. But no-one anticipated and got to the spot better.
It's Basketball intelligence, that Bird and Magic gene!!
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#158 » by DetroitSho » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:51 pm

DBC10 wrote:
Manocad wrote:
DBC10 wrote:

It almost makes you miss the glory days of Drummond. Almost
To be honest, I think people did take his rebounding for granted because he wasn't necessarily the most fundamentally sound when it comes to boxing out. But there's something to be said for 6 or 7 guys being around the rim and your guy consistently is coming out of that traffic with the ball. I literally don't have confidence even if we have 2 guys around the rim against their 1 guy. We are TERRIBLE with 50/50 balls.

Liqourish
RealGM

Post#159 » by Liqourish » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:16 pm

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-rookie-rankings-cade-cunningham-claims-top-spot-josh-giddey-shows-off-his-all-around-capabilities/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

#1: Cade Cunningham

After starting the season slow in part because of an ankle injury that kept him sidelined for five of the first six games of his rookie campaign, Cunningham has started to consistently show flashes of why he was taken with the No. 1 overall pick. This past week he was doing a little bit of everything: scoring, grabbing rebounds, dishing out assists and being engaged on defense, which resulted in some timely steals. His 13-point, 12-rebound, 10-assist triple-double -- the first of his young NBA career -- against the Lakers was overshadowed by the altercation that broke out between LeBron James and Isaiah Stewart, but Cunningham had a solid all-around game

He's shown a great deal of improvement as the season chugs along, but his efficiency remains the area that needs the most work, as he's shooting just 35 percent on the season and 25.3 percent from deep.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#160 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:43 am

Made 11 of his last 41 FGA in last 3. Still 7+ boards/assists.

I guess his shooting hasn't been fixed yet afterall, perhaps.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot

Return to Detroit Pistons