ImageImageImageImageImage

This team needs Ben Simmons

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 40,643

Re: This team needs Ben Simmons 

Post#41 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:59 pm

We don't have anything they'd want, and you all hated Payton, why would you like 6'10" Payton?
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,851

Post#42 » by robillionaire » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:14 pm

Randle at the stretch 5 and Simmons as a point forward and a few of our shooters and that’s an improvement over what we have
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,913

Post#43 » by Richard4444 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:15 pm

It's very funny how a lot of posters can aggressively trash our roster and at the same time think they can be traded for established stars.

I guess they think our opponents have really dumb front offices.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,977

Post#44 » by Capn'O » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:35 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:We don't have anything they'd want, and you all hated Payton, why would you like 6'10" Payton?

I think that's most of the point. I'd be interested in a flip situation but not at the price Morey wants.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,464

Post#45 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:35 pm

Richard4444 wrote:It's very funny how a lot of posters can aggressively trash our roster and at the same time think they can be traded for established stars.

Simmons value is so low we could probably get him for Randle straight up!!!!!!

Ingram would be a little more tricky but it can be done!!!!!!

Nobody’s out here saying we should trade our trash for the Lukas of the world!!!!!!!

We’re being realistic here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheGreenArrow
RealGM

Post#46 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:36 pm

Capn'O wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:We don't have anything they'd want, and you all hated Payton, why would you like 6'10" Payton?

I think that's most of the point. I'd be interested in a flip situation but not at the price Morey wants.

Would you do Randle and Rj for Simmons???!!!??????
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,977

Post#47 » by Capn'O » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:45 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Would you do Randle and Rj for Simmons???!!!??????

No.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
sol537
RealGM
And1: 4,908

Post#48 » by sol537 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:51 pm

Randle + Fournier for Simmons + scraps. They'd still need a 3&D point guard, but they'd have a pretty strong big three in Embiid + Randle + Tobias with decent guard depth and 3-pt shooting. And with Randle + Tobias soaking up minutes, Embiid can rest more over the course of the season. I don't see Philly coming away with more talent than what Randle would give them. You can argue against fit, but it's not the worst fit especially if Randle is motivated on defense like he was last season.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,851

Post#49 » by robillionaire » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:52 pm

sol537 wrote:Randle + Fournier for Simmons + scraps. They'd still need a 3&D point guard, but they'd have a pretty strong big three in Embiid + Randle + Tobias with decent guard depth and 3-pt shooting. And with Randle + Tobias soaking up minutes, Embiid can rest more over the course of the season. I don't see Philly coming away with more talent than what Randle would give them. You can argue against fit, but it's not the worst fit especially if Randle is motivated on defense like he was last season.

Sounds like a great deal for Philly let’s help them win a championship just to do it
sol537
RealGM
And1: 4,908

Post#50 » by sol537 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:53 pm

We then build around Simmons + IQ + RJ + Obi. Walker could get bought out. Rose + Taj become the veteran teachers teaching the kids how to play and win the right way.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM

Post#51 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:56 pm

sol537 wrote:We then build around Simmons + IQ + RJ + Obi. Walker could get bought out. Rose + Taj become the veteran teachers teaching the kids how to play and win the right way.

The thing with Simmons is that he allows every other player to be there best offensively!!!!!!!!!

Julius can’t do **** without the ball in his hands!!!!!!!!!!!
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#52 » by Richard4444 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:09 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:It's very funny how a lot of posters can aggressively trash our roster and at the same time think they can be traded for established stars.

Simmons value is so low we could probably get him for Randle straight up!!!!!!

Ingram would be a little more tricky but it can be done!!!!!!

Nobody’s out here saying we should trade our trash for the Lukas of the world!!!!!!!

We’re being realistic here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About Randle for Simmons.

1) Simmons's value will not increase for the time being. The sixers are waiting for some team to get desperate and trade a star for peanuts.

2) Randle's value might increase. It's not intelligent to trade an asset when it is undervalued. I think he is trying to adapt. He made a really good game against Chicago who reminded me of last year's Randle. And in the game before, he stop the 2pt jumpers and hit a lot of 3s.

3) The Sixers don't want Randle. He is not a good partner for Embiid. Tobias is a better PF than Randle for the Sixers because he doesn't clog the paint or hold the ball too much. We would have to get a third team evolved that could give a player who the Sixers want and probably this player would be a better fit to us than Simmons is.

About any Ingram trade.

1) Pelicans are not willing to trade Ingram. It's too difficult for a small team like The Pelicans to get a young star player like Ingram in a long deal. They will hold as much as possible. The Pelicans will not rebuild while they have Zion on the roster.

2) Ingram does not have any leverage to ask for a trade. His contract is long. He is not old. He can not threaten to not play because the Pelicans are tanking for this season. He does not have the political power to push for a trade. The Pelicans are not treating him badly like the Sixers did with Simmons to give him an excuse to break bad. He has less leverage than Simmons.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#53 » by Richard4444 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:13 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
sol537 wrote:We then build around Simmons + IQ + RJ + Obi. Walker could get bought out. Rose + Taj become the veteran teachers teaching the kids how to play and win the right way.

The thing with Simmons is that he allows every other player to be there best offensively!!!!!!!!!

Unless if the opponent players keep themselves 3 meters away from him while they block the passing lanes, challenging him to shoot from long range.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,648

Post#54 » by nedleeds » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:15 pm

3 of those guys can't shoot. 1 can't shoot at all even layups, 1 can only shoot layups, 1 can only make stand still 3s for 3-4 game stretches. Can't imagine a worse idea. Simmons is dreadful on offense, and makes almost $40 million, and has injury history, and is a low effort bum off the court.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#55 » by Marty McFly » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:45 pm

I've been a devil's advocate for Ben but this team would need quite the overhaul for him to reach his potential. RJ and Randle would have to go right off the bat.

you basically have to field a team of 3/D guys for it to work.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,021

Post#56 » by moocow007 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:51 pm

And when Ben Simmons turns into a girl once the NY media and fanbase gets on him for not being able to be THE guy on the team...then what? The Knicks want someone that can defend they'd be better off trying to trade for Tybulle. Let some other team crazy enough to trade for Simmons.
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Post#57 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:43 am

moocow007 wrote:And when Ben Simmons turns into a girl once the NY media and fanbase gets on him for not being able to be THE guy on the team...then what? The Knicks want someone that can defend they'd be better off trying to trade for Tybulle. Let some other team crazy enough to trade for Simmons.

Exactly. And now close this thread.
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,356

Post#58 » by Ray Williams » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:14 pm

moocow007 wrote:And when Ben Simmons turns into a girl once the NY media and fanbase gets on him for not being able to be THE guy on the team...then what? The Knicks want someone that can defend they'd be better off trying to trade for Tybulle. Let some other team crazy enough to trade for Simmons.

He’ll shrink and play like a little girl the same way Randle did for us in the playoffs. Which is why The priority should be getting Randle the hell off this team.
TexasMassacre
Junior
And1: 644

Post#59 » by TexasMassacre » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:57 am

The only trade to make would be:

Philly gets: Randle, Kemba, Knox

Knicks get: Simmons, Embiid, Thybulle

Fair is fair.

Return to New York Knicks