ImageImageImageImageImage

G17 : Warriors v Raptors

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,040

Re: G17 : Warriors v Raptors 

Post#101 » by The-Power » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:11 pm

Impuniti wrote:His D on KD was my favorite of the year. Absolute monster! Steph & Kerr have to start campaigning for him after a big game, maybe vs the Suns B2B which is in 10 or so days?

It has already started, and Draymond himself has taken the lead in that effort with last night's postgame interview. :lol:
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,112

Post#102 » by cpower » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:57 pm

Money_ wrote:I recently read somewhere on here where someone typed Wiggins = Barnes............

Wiggins > Barnes and it's not even close. Completely different ceilings and potential to go off.

Wiggins has been balling but you picked the wrong year to make that comparison.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 373

Post#103 » by cladden » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:10 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
marthafokker wrote:
sjballer03 wrote:
Be careful, there are a few people lurking around here that are all about the Scottie Barnes "agenda" :wink:

But GSW never got a chance to draft him.

The LeMelo agenda will be here until the World ends though.

I am still hoping that Wiseman shuts up the LaMelo agenda. No more LaXxxx people please. Wiseman can do nothing this year or next year and still obliterate the LaMelo agenda in 2024.

I mean he was a project center then and is a project center now. Of course LaMelo will be ahead at this point. I'm not that sold on LeMelo and honestly wouldn't want to do a straight-up trade with Wiseman for LeMelo. I don't think we need him and that shot is too ugly to work in the long run. Even with his improved 3-ball this year he's at .531 TS%. Presumably because he can't finish at the rim. I mean he's clearly talented but I'm wary of people who can't score efficiently.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 373

Post#104 » by cladden » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:20 pm

Impuniti wrote:
superunknown wrote:nick funny faces nurse' plan worked well. it prevented curry to go nuclear and allowed the other dubs to bury the raptors :lol:

His quote at the end of the game was "We contained Curry pretty well" . Nicky has his priorities straight.

To be fair that's still probably their best shot at beating this team. Stop Curry and hope the rest of the team can't make their shots.
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 121

Post#105 » by ClutchUp » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:22 pm

cpower wrote:
Money_ wrote:I recently read somewhere on here where someone typed Wiggins = Barnes............

Wiggins > Barnes and it's not even close. Completely different ceilings and potential to go off.

Depends on if it's sustainable.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Post#106 » by wco81 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:24 pm

cladden wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
superunknown wrote:nick funny faces nurse' plan worked well. it prevented curry to go nuclear and allowed the other dubs to bury the raptors :lol:

His quote at the end of the game was "We contained Curry pretty well" . Nicky has his priorities straight.

cid=790b7611e023c50d42f5865fe9cfc799642d4ea06be78534&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g[/img]

To be fair that's still probably their best shot at beating this team. Stop Curry and hope the rest of the team can't make their shots.

Well the rest of the team shot poorly on the road trip.

So catch them at the right time and some role players could go ice cold, even on wide open looks.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,552

Post#107 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:38 pm

Impuniti wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:Another incredible game from Draymond, he's been so locked in this season

Draymond has been a freak, if he doesn't win the DPOTY it will be a travesty.

I'm not a big gambler, but living in Vegas now I've cast a handful of sports bets. One of which was on Draymond to win DPoY. He may or may not win, but I'm certainly feeling good about the idea so far. If we keep playing league best defense, with Draymond doing what he's doing, I'd think he has to be the favorite.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#108 » by xdrta+ » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:49 pm

Was Poole efficient? You could say that.

Read on Twitter
?
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,656

Post#109 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:33 pm

cladden wrote:
marthafokker wrote:
But GSW never got a chance to draft him.

The LeMelo agenda will be here until the World ends though.

I am still hoping that Wiseman shuts up the LaMelo agenda. No more LaXxxx people please. Wiseman can do nothing this year or next year and still obliterate the LaMelo agenda in 2024.

I mean he was a project center then and is a project center now. Of course LaMelo will be ahead at this point. I'm not that sold on LeMelo and honestly wouldn't want to do a straight-up trade with Wiseman for LeMelo. I don't think we need him and that shot is too ugly to work in the long run. Even with his improved 3-ball this year he's at .531 TS%. Presumably because he can't finish at the rim. I mean he's clearly talented but I'm wary of people who can't score efficiently.

I almost don't even care about Wiseman's offense. Actually Wiseman's jump shot is the only part of his game that I thought was NBA ready. If Wiseman could just set mediocre picks that is all the Warriors really need offensively from a center. With the great modern shooters the center only needs to set picks to be useful.

Damion Lee may be average but by the 1980s standards Damion Lee is a great shooter. I am not knocking tge 1980s. Modern NBA teams would have a hard time defending the 1981 Bucks despite them not being able to shoot 3s. Many 1980s teams had offenses that would work in the current league despite them handicapping themselves by not shooting 3s.

Rookie Andris Biedrins was more ready to play NBA defense than Rookie Wiseman was. 2nd year Andris Biedrins could help this current Wrriors team even if he couldn't hit free throws.
sjballer03
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Post#110 » by sjballer03 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:35 am

cladden wrote:

I almost don't even care about Wiseman's offense. Actually Wiseman's jump shot is the only part of his game that I thought was NBA ready. If Wiseman could just set mediocre picks that is all the Warriors really need offensively from a center. With the great modern shooters the center only needs to set picks to be useful.

Damion Lee may be average but by the 1980s standards Damion Lee is a great shooter. I am not knocking tge 1980s. Modern NBA teams would have a hard time defending the 1981 Bucks despite them not being able to shoot 3s. Many 1980s teams had offenses that would work in the current league despite them handicapping themselves by not shooting 3s.

Rookie Andris Biedrins was more ready to play NBA defense than Rookie Wiseman was. 2nd year Andris Biedrins could help this current Wrriors team even if he couldn't hit free throws.

Biedrins would be awesome in this team. I imagine Kerr wouldn't break his spirit like Nellie did lol
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,718

Post#111 » by floppymoose » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:33 am

xdrta+ wrote:Was Poole efficient? You could say that.

Read on Twitter
?

When Poole is hot,

Poole is hot.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#112 » by floppymoose » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:00 am

There is a thread on the Raptors board:

“Why Can’t We Run The Warriors’ Offense?”

Most understand that Steph *is* the system, but it is still a funny read at times.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#113 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:45 am

floppymoose wrote:There is a thread on the Raptors board:

Most understand that Steph *is* the system, but it is still a funny read at times.

Sort of. When MJax was the coach and had Steph handle the ball while everyone else stood around and watched he was also the system. But it's not quite that simple.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#114 » by floppymoose » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:59 am

I didn't mean that coaching doesn't matter. Coaching absolutely does matter. I meant that you can't run the Warriors offense without Steph, surrounded by enough smart players. We can see this in a few ways.

First, we see it on the Warriors when Steph is off court. The team is not a very good team then.

And next, we've seen it when the surrounding cast is not smart, like last season with Oubre, Wiseman, and Bazemore.

But of course you can run Mark Jackson's system with Steph and get a mediocre result if you really want to. That doesn't tell us if the Raptors can run the current Warriors offense without Steph.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,656

Post#115 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:53 am

Steph is the system but if Steph was necessary on the ball as a point guard running the offense we would be back to being more like Mark Jackson Warriors. Iguodala was good as a point forward but Draymond is actually special.

But everybody on the Warriors seems to be able to catch and pass quickly. How do are guys see the open man so quickly? Why can't other teams do that? The quick pass would lead to turnovers if the passers had no court vision. But we have guys making quick passes that did not have reputations of being great passers.

It is like Kerr has rebuilt the 2016 Warriors system with a new crop of guys. How did Kerr donthat and why can't other teams do it?
Sure having Curry get doubled off the ball is great but I think there is more to the story.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#116 » by floppymoose » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:47 pm

Kerr hasn't demonstrated that he can do it without Curry. They are a great pairing.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,135

Post#117 » by Impuniti » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:00 pm

Steph is the system but if Steph was necessary on the ball as a point guard running the offense we would be back to being more like Mark Jackson Warriors. Iguodala was good as a point forward but Draymond is actually special.

But everybody on the Warriors seems to be able to catch and pass quickly. How do are guys see the open man so quickly? Why can't other teams do that? The quick pass would lead to turnovers if the passers had no court vision. But we have guys making quick passes that did not have reputations of being great passers.

It is like Kerr has rebuilt the 2016 Warriors system with a new crop of guys. How did Kerr donthat and why can't other teams do it?
Sure having Curry get doubled off the ball is great but I think there is more to the story.

Steph is the reason, you're in a serious delusional ride if you think otherwise. How did that off ball player movement happen two years ago when the Warriors were the worst team in the league? That was probably the worst basketball any team was playing that season. Why did the pretty motion offense magically go away for just 1 singular season?

Kerr deserves a ton of credit and is doing an awesome job, but this is possible because of the Chef, and also a coach that is willing to play such a system. However we are seeing more and more that to play the Steph System, you need higher BBIQ guys, preferably unselfish, similar to how Lebron needs 3 point snipers that sit at the perimeter.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#118 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:11 pm

ClutchUp wrote:
cpower wrote:

True, but then that's true of every player ever.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#119 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:17 pm

Impuniti wrote:

Steph is the reason, you're in a serious delusional ride if you think otherwise. How did that off ball player movement happen two years ago when the Warriors were the worst team in the league? That was probably the worst basketball any team was playing that season. Why did the pretty motion offense magically go away for just 1 singular season?

Kerr deserves a ton of credit and is doing an awesome job, but this is possible because of the Chef, and also a coach that is willing to play such a system. However we are seeing more and more that to play the Steph System, you need higher BBIQ guys, preferably unselfish, similar to how Lebron needs 3 point snipers that sit at the perimeter.

The Warriors offense is a mish-mash of a bunch of other offenses, but the common thread is ball and player movement with a system where the next move is based on what the defense does not the players on the floor. The better players make the system better no doubt, but the system works because, as Kerr and many others before him have said, the ball has energy. The Bulls triple-post offense worked independent of Jordan, but Jordan made it all work better because of the threat of Jordan much like Curry.
SFrush
Sixth Man
And1: 778

Post#120 » by SFrush » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:52 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
ClutchUp wrote:
cpower wrote:Wiggins has been balling but you picked the wrong year to make that comparison.

True, but then that's true of every player ever.

His numbers are coming down. I don't think it's sustainable.

Return to Golden State Warriors