ImageImageImage

Game 16: Denver Nuggets (9-7) @ Phoenix Suns (12-3) l Sunday l 6:00pm

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Re: Game 16: Denver Nuggets (9-7) @ Phoenix Suns (12-3) l Sunday l 6:00pm 

Post#41 » by matt131 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:32 pm

Went to this one as well. Great crowd again. Favorite moment was when Gordon got ejected. So satisfying.

I was ecstatic to see Cam have a career night. Two solid games in a row for him and if he can keep that up, our team gets so much better. Hopefully Monty decides to play cam more over nader. Cam should get all of his minutes. It paid off tonight.
Jesus_H_Macy
Rookie
And1: 1,074

Post#42 » by Jesus_H_Macy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:24 pm

matt131 wrote:Went to this one as well. Great crowd again. Favorite moment was when Gordon got ejected. So satisfying.

I was ecstatic to see Cam have a career night. Two solid games in a row for him and if he can keep that up, our team gets so much better. Hopefully Monty decides to play cam more over nader. Cam should get all of his minutes. It paid off tonight.

I'm a Nader fan because of how aggressive he is (or at least was last year) at getting to the rim. There are times where we get in jack-mode and having Nader in there attacking is good. But man...Nader has been atrocious this year. He's not attacking as much and when he does it just becomes a turnover, he's not hitting the 3, and doesn't look like he's playing good D to me either. He should be limited to a handful of mins a game until he gets his game right with the rest of his minutes going to Jam Johnson like you suggest. He can still turn things around but we'll see if it happens...

What a drop off from the minutes Craig was giving us. How much money did we save letting Craig go and signing Nader to his non-vet min deal? Was it worth it? A few mil of that Shamet contract couldn't have gone to Craig? It'll suck if we fall short again and the conversation this time is about a lack of quality backup 3/4 instead of quality backup 5.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,936

Post#43 » by sunsbg » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:25 pm

Craig had a big game earlier, but his overall stats for the season are meh. Still he was valuable during the playoffs, so wish they were able to keep him, but we all know the owner is not into spending much.

DA with a few nice turnaround jumpers in this game. He's clearly not a Capela type offensively like some are trying to picture him.

Book with another nice game with 7:1 A/T ratio. Cam J is heating up, though this may make it harder to keep him.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#44 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:16 pm

Outside of getting only up9 in the 3rd, the game wasn't really in contest. Their spurt in the 3rd was all they could muster without their big 3. I know we shouldn't look past the next few games but I really want us to have a statement win to solidify us as a contender. Wins against Brooklyn and GS would be HUGE
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame

Return to Phoenix Suns