ImageImageImage

Phoenix Suns (13-3) @ San Antonio (4-11) 6:30PM

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

BurningHeart
General Manager
And1: 1,382

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS Game 3: Phoenix @ San Antonio 

Post#541 » by BurningHeart » Sat May 8, 2010 9:02 am

I'm more nervous now than I was before the series started.

Phoenix has played like ****----yes, ****---these past two games, and yet somehow pulled out a win.

Now, you might think I'm nuts. Hell, some might say that this is a GOOD sign that they're winning these games. Maybe. But it was a mess for the second straight game. Terrible shooting, terrible spacing, no flow....nothing. Amare was worthless, J-Rich scored but he made some really stupid decisions and played some horrible D, Nash was lackluster save for a few really nice (admittedly crucial) shots. Lou didn't do anything, Dudley didn't do anything....

If someone could tell me how Channing Frye's foul was a flagrant, and how Tim Duncan's inverted DDT setup was somehow a foul on Barbosa, that'd be great btw.

We were lucky that Goran showed up tonight, because we weren't winning this game otherwise. We were lucky that SA missed a bajillion free throws. Lucky, lucky, lucky.

****, maybe we deserve the luck after all the crap over the years.

Whatever it is, we're not done yet. I don't wanna hear ANYTHING about the Lakers. I don't wanna hear ANYTHING about the Western Finals. This job is not finished yet. If ANY team can blow a 3-0 lead, it's Phoenix. If ANY team can come back from a 3-0 deficit, it's San Antonio.

That said....let's get this **** DONE on Sunday.
DBrimstone
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#542 » by DBrimstone » Sat May 8, 2010 9:17 am

Think Robin will get a warm-up in the next game?
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#543 » by lilfishi22 » Sat May 8, 2010 9:36 am

I think Rolo definitely needs a run in the next game. It could be the last game of the series after all and I definitely don't want to be heading into LA with Rolo not having played a game since March 26th.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Mr. Sun
General Manager

Post#544 » by Mr. Sun » Sat May 8, 2010 9:46 am

"In the first game, we fouled them too much an they [scored] too much in transition," Manu Ginobili said. "In Game 2, they stopped running but they beat us on offensive rebounds. Tonight we didn't foul them, they didn't beat us on the offensive boards, Amare scored seven points and they killed us anyway. That's the tough part to swallow."
ma_falaa_50
Analyst

Post#545 » by ma_falaa_50 » Sat May 8, 2010 10:37 am

this is the reason why they play the game. execution is what it comes right down to and tonight the spurs just waited for the suns to fold but never did. I think the missed free throws was an oddity but Parker was hurt and duncan is a lifetime 60 percent free throw shooter.

I think the suns players want to end this so badly. I think they have went through a lot vs San Antonio the last 6 yrs (amare and nash) that I wouldnt be surprised if they carry the suns on sunday. I think Amare had some rest, so did J-rich, and Nash. This is good cuz the close out game is usually the hardest one.

gut check time suckas!
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,293

Post#546 » by Calvin Klein » Sat May 8, 2010 11:15 am

BurningHeart wrote:I'm more nervous now than I was before the series started.

Phoenix has played like ****----yes, ****---these past two games, and yet somehow pulled out a win.

Now, you might think I'm nuts. Hell, some might say that this is a GOOD sign that they're winning these games. Maybe. But it was a mess for the second straight game. Terrible shooting, terrible spacing, no flow....nothing. Amare was worthless, J-Rich scored but he made some really stupid decisions and played some horrible D, Nash was lackluster save for a few really nice (admittedly crucial) shots. Lou didn't do anything, Dudley didn't do anything....

If someone could tell me how Channing Frye's foul was a flagrant, and how Tim Duncan's inverted DDT setup was somehow a foul on Barbosa, that'd be great btw.

We were lucky that Goran showed up tonight, because we weren't winning this game otherwise. We were lucky that SA missed a bajillion free throws. Lucky, lucky, lucky.

Whatever it is, we're not done yet. I don't wanna hear ANYTHING about the Lakers. I don't wanna hear ANYTHING about the Western Finals. This job is not finished yet. If ANY team can blow a 3-0 lead, it's Phoenix. If ANY team can come back from a 3-0 deficit, it's San Antonio.

yes sir.
impulsenine
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#547 » by impulsenine » Sat May 8, 2010 11:28 am

lilfishi22 wrote:I think Rolo definitely needs a run in the next game. It could be the last game of the series after all and I definitely don't want to be heading into LA with Rolo not having played a game since March 26th.

Agreed - just a quick 5 minutes to start and 5 minutes after the third.

HEY WAIT A MINUTE I KNOW WHOSE MINUTES TO TAKE. :lol:
Brautigan1
Junior
And1: 23

Post#548 » by Brautigan1 » Sat May 8, 2010 11:59 am

Hey guys, Blazers fan here, I gotta say the Suns have been just so awesome in this series, I feel zero shame about getting beat by your fantastic team. Go Suns!

Also, best of luck against the Los Referee Lakers. My money's probably on the Suns, but I gotta get with Donaghy first!
Suns_fan_2007
Rookie

Post#549 » by Suns_fan_2007 » Sat May 8, 2010 2:20 pm

LOL thanks buddy.
Suns fan during the KJ era (Coliseum), through the Barkley era (Am West Arena), and now the Nash era (US Airways Arena)!
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,538

Post#550 » by Qwigglez » Sat May 8, 2010 2:21 pm

impulsenine wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:I think Rolo definitely needs a run in the next game. It could be the last game of the series after all and I definitely don't want to be heading into LA with Rolo not having played a game since March 26th.

Agreed - just a quick 5 minutes to start and 5 minutes after the third.

HEY WAIT A MINUTE I KNOW WHOSE MINUTES TO TAKE. :lol:

RoLo isn't take Nash's minutes...

:roll:
aIvin adams
Analyst
And1: 1,978

Post#551 » by aIvin adams » Sat May 8, 2010 3:25 pm

lol. we need suns fan counseling for many people on this board

SUNS WIN BABY HERE COME DA LAKERS!!!
garyb916
Junior

Post#552 » by garyb916 » Sat May 8, 2010 3:56 pm

I didn't really like anything in your post except:

"If someone could tell me how Channing Frye's foul was a flagrant, and how Tim Duncan's inverted DDT setup was somehow a foul on Barbosa, that'd be great btw."

You forgot to mention Dudley's "foul" on Ginobli's 3 too. lol

But yeah man you gotta be optimistic about that stuff. Yeah the Suns haven't played THAT great, in fact they're playing below normal for them, but they've still found ways to win. That shows something past Suns teams didn't have: RESOLVE

When their players move on to the next round, there's no doubt in my mind they'll play better. Wish there wasn't so much doubt in the rest of ya'lls minds...
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#553 » by JohnVancouver » Sat May 8, 2010 4:15 pm

... Amare was worthless,

--- i bwg to differ; he was shut down but has become an excellent passer out of the double-triple team. He played solid defense and did the little things. And when they backed off him to protect the three, he scored.
He did exactly what he needed to do for us given the Sputs strategy

J-Rich scored but he made some really stupid decisions and played some horrible D, Nash was lackluster save for a few really nice (admittedly crucial) shots. Lou didn't do anything, Dudley didn't do anything....

----- JT I think was just over-excited - been a llong time since he's played games that mattered this much or was n the cusp of really going for it. this team is still over-achieving - to co that, we need different guys to be the hero at different times. That's a huge thing to have going for you. Reminds me of some ofthe latter Celtic teams, like '74

--- that Barbs foul was almost as bizarre a call as the Nahs free throw a few games back, when he wasn't eveninvolved in the play

-- Yes, andreally good teams tend to be lucky. Duncan's three ....

I agree with last point 100%. I won't feel safe til we win five
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#554 » by JohnVancouver » Sat May 8, 2010 4:17 pm

Brautigan1 wrote:Hey guys, Blazers fan here, I gotta say the Suns have been just so awesome in this series, I feel zero shame about getting beat by your fantastic team. Go Suns!

Also, best of luck against the Los Referee Lakers. My money's probably on the Suns, but I gotta get with Donaghy first!

Thanks man -
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
SUN
Lead Assistant
And1: 865

Post#555 » by SUN » Sat May 8, 2010 4:20 pm

Qwigglez wrote:Someone absolutely has to make a montage of Goran Dragic after tonight's performance.

Yeah, I mean, did you see his moves? Completely insane.

I got to visit Slovenia. :lol: .
DaDragicShow
Banned User

Post#556 » by DaDragicShow » Sat May 8, 2010 4:37 pm

I will make game 4 a little later fellas. ;)
Cash
Veteran
And1: 18

Post#557 » by Cash » Sat May 8, 2010 6:28 pm

Wow, what an awesome game! Watching it again on espn3.com right now. So glad I ditched my concert and stuck around to watch the game last night.

ONE MORE!!!!
Robert Sarver: "Hey Suns fans, how's my a** taste?"
ls2ws6
Junior

Post#558 » by ls2ws6 » Sat May 8, 2010 6:48 pm

DaDragicShow wrote:I will make game 4 a little later fellas. ;)

there better be sweeps included in game 4 game thread. even though i predicted us in 5
SteveNashMVP
Senior

Post#559 » by SteveNashMVP » Sat May 8, 2010 9:17 pm

A confident dragon is more dangerous than a healthy black mamba
VancitySunsFan
Ballboy

Post#560 » by VancitySunsFan » Sat May 8, 2010 9:34 pm

what a great game