ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: The Post-Moo Era Begins. Bulls are Better

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,507

Re: PG: The Post-Moo Era Begins. Bulls are Better 

Post#361 » by Iron Mantis » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:16 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:If this stretch of games puts the Knicks under water...might as well tank.

Why do ppl on here keep mentioning tanking like you don't know who Thibs is. We're going to play for wins until the season is over.

He will have no choice soon.

Once those losses pile up, guys will be "injured" more and more.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,404

Post#362 » by robillionaire » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:18 am

Iron Mantis wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:If this stretch of games puts the Knicks under water...might as well tank.

Why do ppl on here keep mentioning tanking like you don't know who Thibs is. We're going to play for wins until the season is over.

Wishful thinking, that will never happen. They will go out for every last win like it was game 7 of the finals no matter what the record is
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,271

Post#363 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:19 am

HINrichPolice wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
HINrichPolice wrote:Bulls fan here. I think you all are being too tough on your team, at least based on last night's performance. The reality is that the Bulls are a legitimately good team, and losing to the Bulls in a relatively close game should no longer be something to feel bad about.

Your team is better

Our team is not gelling and there will have to be significant changes

It is what it is, but I don’t think we’re in denial. As fans we’re facing the music for the most part

For someone that hasn't been following the Knicks, I thought you guys started off great. The loss to the Knicks earlier this season made me feel like the Bulls were still at or below whatever tier the Knicks are on.

I think you all just force fed Randle because the Bulls were playing small, and in theory, that would be a smart way to play, but our guys just have abnormally active hands and are effective at doubling. That's the Bulls being good more than the Knicks being bad.

Still really like the talent you all have. Quickley is a beast, Toppin showed flashes, and I think vets like Walker and Fournier figure it out throughout the season. RJ was a legit problem in our first matchup. Didn't realize you all were so down on him.

First few games were exciting and everyone was moving the ball and hitting their shots. But it has stagnated since and our starting unit's atrocious defense means most games they are playing from behind after the first quarter. Randle got his extension and now doesn't give half the effort on defense as last year so he's not very popular among many here right now. And RJ is in his worst slump ever after playing incredibly during a five game stretch. Fournier has vanished. And the Kemba you saw last night has only shown up a few times. Randle was better last night, but he's not a good # 1 option and he's a mental midget in the clutch as you saw last night. We're just not a well put together team.
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#364 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:20 am

robillionaire wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:Why do ppl on here keep mentioning tanking like you don't know who Thibs is. We're going to play for wins until the season is over.

Wishful thinking, that will never happen. They will go out for every last win like it was game 7 of the finals no matter what the record is

Doesn't matter what Thibs does though. They're not making the playoffs
ImageImageImage
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,404

Post#365 » by robillionaire » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:22 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:

Perhaps not but they definitely won’t tank. If they’re going down it’s going to be with both guns blazing
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#366 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:26 am

robillionaire wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Perhaps not but they definitely won’t tank. If they’re going down it’s going to be with both guns blazing

Oh I think you're right about that, but the ship be sinking regardless
ImageImageImage
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,507

Post#367 » by Iron Mantis » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:32 am

robillionaire wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

The Knicks at full strength aren't beating either good teams, or bad teams anymore... :dontknow:

And This team could realistically see a combination of at least 4 of Taj, Noel, Rose, Walker, Mitch, Fournier all inquired simultaneously.

If Thibs can will a bunch of rookies and young guys, with Randle & Burks, to enough wins to play themselves out of the lottery...I can't even be mad.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,308

Post#368 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:18 am

Iron Mantis wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

The Knicks at full strength aren't beating either good teams, or bad teams anymore... :dontknow:

And This team could realistically see a combination of at least 4 of Taj, Noel, Rose, Walker, Mitch, Fournier all inquired simultaneously.

If Thibs can will a bunch of rookies and young guys, with Randle & Burks, to enough wins to play themselves out of the lottery...I can't even be mad.

I would just be happy seeing next man up more often with the rotations/lineups. It is early in the season and we aren't the worst team in the league but...things look bad at the moment. There's 65 more games to go. Maybe we wait a bit and see what happens. I get caught up in my emotional fan shyt too but... collectively you would think the team was 2-15 around here. Last night's Game thread... people were calling it a loss with 7 minutes left down 4. Like...wtf?

.500 teams with no star player go through rough patches. Eventually they finish the season roughly .500. Not a contender. The FO needs to figure this out in the end and Thibs can only work with what he's given. He's not trying to lose games and it is what it is with his stubbornness.

Maybe they make some moves because...that is what they are supposed to do. :lol: We see the direction they are taking...we gotta live with it.
:beer: RIP mags
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,902

Post#369 » by DaGawd » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:43 am

Bulls looking like ass tonight..
BaF
Washington Wizards
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,206

Post#370 » by aq_ua » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:52 am

DaGawd wrote:Bulls looking like ass tonight..

Almost as bad as the Magic. They only get up to play us.
BugginOut
Head Coach
And1: 7,829

Post#371 » by BugginOut » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:39 am

DaGawd wrote:Bulls looking like ass tonight..

Pacers are also the worst match up for the Bulls since they got bigs like Sabonis and Turner to feast inside all game.

We are actually a bad match up for the Bulls too, but Mitch and Taj being injured and Noel in foul trouble we couldn’t really use our size. Randle still went off because the Pacers had no bodies to guard him
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,821

Post#372 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:01 pm

robillionaire wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:Why do ppl on here keep mentioning tanking like you don't know who Thibs is. We're going to play for wins until the season is over.

… like when that guy I don’t even remember won the last game of the season for us on a last second shot and ruined our draft position. Was it Burke?

Edit: It was N’Dour against Philly. We’re so pathetic smh … :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,906

Post#373 » by KnixtapeH20 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:34 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:

… like when that guy I don’t even remember won the last game of the season for us on a last second shot and ruined our draft position. Was it Burke?

Edit: It was N’Dour against Philly. We’re so pathetic smh … :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Take your pick THjr...
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,128

Post#374 » by moocow007 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:58 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
HINrichPolice wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Your team is better

Our team is not gelling and there will have to be significant changes

It is what it is, but I don’t think we’re in denial. As fans we’re facing the music for the most part

For someone that hasn't been following the Knicks, I thought you guys started off great. The loss to the Knicks earlier this season made me feel like the Bulls were still at or below whatever tier the Knicks are on.

I think you all just force fed Randle because the Bulls were playing small, and in theory, that would be a smart way to play, but our guys just have abnormally active hands and are effective at doubling. That's the Bulls being good more than the Knicks being bad.

Still really like the talent you all have. Quickley is a beast, Toppin showed flashes, and I think vets like Walker and Fournier figure it out throughout the season. RJ was a legit problem in our first matchup. Didn't realize you all were so down on him.

First few games were exciting and everyone was moving the ball and hitting their shots. But it has stagnated since and our starting unit's atrocious defense means most games they are playing from behind after the first quarter. Randle got his extension and now doesn't give half the effort on defense as last year so he's not very popular among many here right now. And RJ is in his worst slump ever after playing incredibly during a five game stretch. Fournier has vanished. And the Kemba you saw last night has only shown up a few times. Randle was better last night, but he's not a good # 1 option and he's a mental midget in the clutch as you saw last night. We're just not a well put together team.

Yep and that's what we were hoping to avoid (happening again) with this front office. It's kinda still early I guess but I'm not getting the warm and fuzzy and the initial shine has lost it's luster some.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#375 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:04 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
HINrichPolice wrote:

Yep and that's what we were hoping to avoid (happening again) with this front office. It's kinda still early I guess but I'm not getting the warm and fuzzy and the initial shine has lost it's luster some.

TBH, I was looking forward to the team eventually reaching contention and I entered this season in my usual glass half full mode with sunshine blowing out of my azz hoping for the best, but now I’m just not settling for half measures. IDGAF if people think it is savage to savage Randle, but nobody is going to tell me I’m ungrateful when this guy literally scammed us and is now phoning it in on defense. Fck this guy. But, mostly, I’m over it. I’m just going to be here because I’ve been here so long and I know people here and we banter and make each other laugh and sometimes think about something interesting besides basketball.
ImageImageImage
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,128

Post#376 » by moocow007 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:53 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

TBH, I was looking forward to the team eventually reaching contention and I entered this season in my usual glass half full mode with sunshine blowing out of my azz hoping for the best, but now I’m just not settling for half measures. IDGAF if people think it is savage to savage Randle, but nobody is going to tell me I’m ungrateful when this guy literally scammed us and is now phoning it in on defense. Fck this guy. But, mostly, I’m over it. I’m just going to be here because I’ve been here so long and I know people here and we banter and make each other laugh and sometimes think about something interesting besides basketball.

You should join us on the NBNF podcast. We've been talking about none basketball stuff and having some fun. :lol:
Mister Ed
Junior
And1: 224

Post#377 » by Mister Ed » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:32 pm

TexasMassacre wrote:
Mister Ed wrote:
TexasMassacre wrote:I think everyone's expectations for this team have been too high.

It is a team which is named after pants afterall.
Well, not as low expectations as your Knicks lose by 22 prediction befoer the game started. Another not really a Knick fan. I think you have a Lebron poster in your room - does he glow in the dark?

I dont like homers.
I don't like you.
I don't like your posts, your name or any of your hot takes.
I don't like anything about you.

I've been a Knicks fan for 17 years, you don't get to call me a 'non Knick fan'.

You are literally Randle's cum rag and you named yourself Mister Ed coz your posts and comments are pure horseshi.t.

I would trade Randle in a heartbeat if it made the team better.
I have been a knick fan for 50 years. Apparently the last decade or so, some of the fanbase have become whining little girls, to put it mildly. You would be a real joy to be stuck in a fox hole with.
I will also cheer for the Knicks to win every game. And root for every player - even the ones I don't like.
You have a losing mentality. I wouldn't trust you to walk my pet.

Get a grip.
Mister Ed
Junior
And1: 224

Post#378 » by Mister Ed » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:35 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
Mister Ed wrote:
TexasMassacre wrote:I think everyone's expectations for this team have been too high.

It is a team which is named after pants afterall.
Well, not as low expectations as your Knicks lose by 22 prediction befoer the game started. Another not really a Knick fan. I think you have a Lebron poster in your room - does he glow in the dark?

Who are you? You’re the judge of Knicks fandom? No idea who you are but just because you masturbate feverishly to Randle’s spin moves doesn’t make you more of a Knick fan than anyone else here. Sit down and know your role.

Really??
TexasMassacre
Junior
And1: 645

Post#379 » by TexasMassacre » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:09 am

Mister Ed wrote:
TexasMassacre wrote:
Mister Ed wrote: Well, not as low expectations as your Knicks lose by 22 prediction befoer the game started. Another not really a Knick fan. I think you have a Lebron poster in your room - does he glow in the dark?

I dont like homers.
I don't like you.
I don't like your posts, your name or any of your hot takes.
I don't like anything about you.

I've been a Knicks fan for 17 years, you don't get to call me a 'non Knick fan'.

You are literally Randle's cum rag and you named yourself Mister Ed coz your posts and comments are pure horseshi.t.

I would trade Randle in a heartbeat if it made the team better.
I have been a knick fan for 50 years. Apparently the last decade or so, some of the fanbase have become whining little girls, to put it mildly. You would be a real joy to be stuck in a fox hole with.
I will also cheer for the Knicks to win every game. And root for every player - even the ones I don't like.
You have a losing mentality. I wouldn't trust you to walk my pet.

Get a grip.

You've been a Knicks fan for 50 years??

How old are you fam? Shouldn't you be out there looking after your grandchildren instead of sitting on a forum arguing about basketball?

Don't have a family to look after?

Damn homie.

Return to New York Knicks