ImageImageImage

Stewart Suspended 2 games

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Pistonrings
Bench Warmer
And1: 284

Re: Stewart Suspended 2 games 

Post#21 » by Pistonrings » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:57 am

zeebneeb wrote:I now support Stewart breaking Lebrons damn face in the next game. Absolute horsecrap that Lebron got less games.

I want to see blood pouring down Lebrons face, so he can get two games.

I really hope he retaliates in the next game vs the Lakers.

I too would love to see Bron get what he dishes out, but I don't want to see Stew get suspended for 20 or 30 games or something, that would hurt his development and the team as well. If he were to come out, act nice until he gets a chance to smash Bron in the face, they might even suspend him for the rest of the season. Beef Stew has to let it go now for his own good not to mention the good of the team.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,637

Post#22 » by zeebneeb » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:07 am

Pistonrings wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:I now support Stewart breaking Lebrons damn face in the next game. Absolute horsecrap that Lebron got less games.

I too would love to see Bron get what he dishes out, but I don't want to see Stew get suspended for 20 or 30 games or something, that would hurt his development and the team as well. If he were to come out, act nice until he gets a chance to smash Bron in the face, they might even suspend him for the rest of the season. Beef Stew has to let it go now for his own good not to mention the good of the team.
Eh, im old school when it comes to retaliation. You poke me, I cut you. You cut me, I break something.

Sometimes you have to teach others, you are not to be trifled with. No better way to do that, then go directly at the King.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#23 » by bstein14 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:13 am

I'd also enjoy seeing Stewart hit back on LeBron, but the truth is that wouldn't be good for Stewart's imagine around the league and his development as a player. The real hit is going out there and playing physical and not backing down and making sure the Pistons get the W out in LA. He's going to get boo'd like crazy out there and likely going to be baited by some Lakers as well. I can very easily see him getting into early foul trouble and getting frustrated being taken out of the game.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,756

Post#24 » by Snakebites » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:33 am

Yeah, I think a distinction needs to be made between what some fans would like to see and what is actually best for Stewart both personally and as a player.

And in my mind he needs to develop thicker skin in general and he needs to move on from this.
Pistonrings
Bench Warmer
And1: 284

Post#25 » by Pistonrings » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:44 am

zeebneeb wrote:
Pistonrings wrote:

Eh, im old school when it comes to retaliation. You poke me, I cut you. You cut me, I break something.

Sometimes you have to teach others, you are not to be trifled with. No better way to do that, then go directly at the King.

I'm old school too, but for me, the pain of seeing him suspended for the year and the team being without him would be worse than the satisfaction from seeing him clock Bron. Stew got developing to do, for his own individual game as well as for team chemistry. Our boys are building a championship team and I want nothing interfering with that process. Losing Stew for the season would set him and the team back.
Mogolo
Sophomore
And1: 122

Post#26 » by Mogolo » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:54 am

zeebneeb wrote:
Pistonrings wrote:

I kind of agree with what all of you are saying.. I say Stew needs to play physical, tough , get under brons skin as much as possible (within the rules) and force Bron to make a choice either Bron backs down and shows he's soft asf or he takes another cheap shot at Stew and then Stew can break his face.... or Bron will send someone else to take a cheap shot at Stew...in all ways Stew wins. and fans and the league will see that.

only thing I don't want to see is game starts and Stew runs up and attacks Bron right away.. worst case possible.
Southern Piston
Senior
And1: 95

Post#27 » by Southern Piston » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:40 am

For Isaiah I want him to let it go. I think there’s a good chance they go at it next game, I’d be happy for him if he kicked James ass. Weaver needs to get him some help, another bruiser if there gonna do that to him.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#28 » by ComboGuardCity » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:33 am

Ok but really is anyone really sure he’s not pretending to be calm for the 5th and final time ?
SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#29 » by SamFlow » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:54 am

Russ should have at least got fined for taking a fighters stance and not a peace makers stance.
BigDaddyJungle
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,679

Post#30 » by Cowology » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:02 am

Snakebites wrote:Yeah, I think a distinction needs to be made between what some fans would like to see and what is actually best for Stewart both personally and as a player.

And in my mind he needs to develop thicker skin in general and he needs to move on from this.

Can we move on after he punches LeBron in the face? Please? I promise I won't ask for anything else the rest of the season.
SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#31 » by SamFlow » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:23 am

Cowology wrote:
Snakebites wrote:Yeah, I think a distinction needs to be made between what some fans would like to see and what is actually best for Stewart both personally and as a player.

Can we move on after he punches LeBron in the face? Please? I promise I won't ask for anything else the rest of the season.

My hope is when the teams meet up again, Stewart does not shake hands, plays a tough and rumble but legal game ala the bad boys and we win. Send a message by playing tough the right way. But don't cow tie or bow down to james or the lakers.

shout out to Cade for having Stewarts best interests and heart. For Cojo looking out for the team. And a big thumbs down for the rest of the pistons who did nothing. No heart playing and no heart standing with Stewart.
BigDaddyJungle
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#32 » by dVs33 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:13 am

Cowology wrote:

I know the fall out would be awful for Stewart and the team, but I wish he just clocked Lebron. The happiness he would have brought to us all would have been amazing haha
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#33 » by 440BB » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:18 am

I'm concerned for Stewart getting treated differently by the refs going forward. He already seemed to get less than his share of calls.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#34 » by Pharaoh » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:32 am

My hope is that Stewart smashes LeBron to the floor on his first attempt down the lane - legal style.

Do that every **** time he drives!

You get 6 hits. If that takes a quarter or if it takes 4 IDGAF.

Put him in the ground every time he drives the lane.

That is exactly what I want to see!

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#35 » by dVs33 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:39 am

440BB wrote:I'm concerned for Stewart getting treated differently by the refs going forward. He already seemed to get less than his share of calls.

He plays in Detroit so he’d need to learn that regardless of this incident
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#36 » by Pharaoh » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:15 am

dVs33 wrote:
440BB wrote:I'm concerned for Stewart getting treated differently by the refs going forward. He already seemed to get less than his share of calls.

He plays in Detroit so he’d need to learn that regardless of this incident
As Zeke said on some clip I saw:

If you hit a Piston we are going to hit back so:

Don't! Hit! Us!

Amen!

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,942

Post#37 » by Uncle Mxy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:49 am

zeebneeb wrote:I really hope he retaliates in the next game vs the Lakers.

I really hope he doesn't. Wait until the next game at home, so I get a better chance to see in person.
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#38 » by hoophabit » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:50 am

Stewart needs to get better control of his emotions, although when you see your own blood that generally results in a pretty strong jolt of adrenaline. Two games seems fine, but getting more than the guy who intentionally struck you in the face such that you require 8 sutures is not. If the league is saying they're "buying" the "inadvertently" line, it's a corrupt response.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#39 » by Manocad » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:00 pm

I think a distinction needs to be made between what some fans think is actually best for Stewart personally and what's best for Stewart as a player.

As a player, absolutely Stewart needs to move on from this and develop a thicker skin.

As a person, I'm with zeeb. Totally old school. IMO there's still, to this day, a good way to deal with bullies. You can either ascribe to this "woke" culture and run crying when someone tells you you're ugly, which does nothing to prevent bullying. And then there's putting a sledge hammer to the snot locker when the bully tries to roll over you. And Stew going full ham on Lebron might just teach his punk ass that you don't go throwing elbows and fists around someone's eyes because they're aggressively boxing you out of the lane. No one ever died from getting punched in the nose. But it sure as hell stopped a lot of people from thinking they can automatically put their hands on someone just because they want to. And the fact that you stood up for yourself helps you a LOT more mentally then letting someone else solve--or not solve--your problem for you, or just swallowing your anger because you're threatened with repercussions if you defend yourself. It's no coincidence that school shootings became a thing not long after the fairly widespread policy of "throw a punch, you're expelled/suspended/in trouble no matter what, doesn't matter why" became popular. Not to make this too grim or take it off the rails but if we're going to start playing Freud and talking about what's best for Stew PERSONALLY, well, that doesn't necessarily have a context in basketball.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#40 » by Manocad » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:04 pm

Uncle Mxy wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:I really hope he retaliates in the next game vs the Lakers.

I really hope he doesn't. Wait until the next game at home, so I get a better chance to see in person.

I like your thinking

Return to Detroit Pistons