Image ImageImage Image

PG: Did they know there was a game tonight?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Re: PG: Did they know there was a game tonight? 

Post#21 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:30 am

HoopsterJones wrote:Team came out flat from tired legs.
Got abused on the boards.
Could not get enough stops.
Could not make buckets when they got stops.

Awful game all and all. We need Vuc and Caruso back. And a PF who can make an impact.

AC has been hurt for a few games it was a wise choice. Let Vuc get back in some shape too since sitting. It was a smart loss as long as the effort is back soon. The next two, we are going to be gunned at because of our current status but we MUST be all cylinders firing for Miami. That is our real test right now.
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,098

Post#22 » by cool007 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:32 am

BloodyQ wrote:Team needs to go on a winning streak at some point.

Can't just continue this win 3 straight lose 1 pattern.

If they do that (win 3, lose 1) the rest of the season, I will be super super happy.
That means we are going 48-16 in the next 64 games. I will take that record and run. That would give us our record to 60-22 - If that's what our record is at the end of the season, that means we are the #1 seed in the East.

Now on a serious note:
Even if they go 50% the rest of the way, they would still be 45-37 basically and that's what majority of us predicted anyway. So IMO, anything above that should exceed anyone's expectations.
Fastbrk4brkfast
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#23 » by Fastbrk4brkfast » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:32 am

Gotta pencil these guys in for a revenge game.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,203

Post#24 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:33 am

Zach - Low IQ chucker game, whatever, he’s allowed 1 every once in a while.

Derozen flopping around game, whatever, not concerned.

I’ll say this. I despise Coby. He may be my least favorite Bull of this century. He’s always out of position on defense, fouling jump shooters on routine plays, can’t stay in front of his man if his life depended on it. He gets hot on occasion and everyone is happy about that, but he makes 6-8 mental small mistakes a game that drive me off a cliff. I just don’t want him on the team. The moment he is gone, I’ll be happier about the Bulls.

I’m out on TBJ too. Missing easy layups, can’t hit a jumper, defense and playmaking are average on a good day. He shouldn’t get any minutes above Ayo or Green. Props to Billy for seeing this quickly and removing his minutes from the team. He isn’t good.

Not much else to take. When you play a team with 2 talented centers, and very patient guards, a team of small ball, sometimes undisciplined athletes is going to get murdered. And they did.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#25 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:35 am

cool007 wrote:

If they do that (win 3, lose 1) the rest of the season, I will be super super happy.
That means we are going 48-16 in the next 64 games. I will take that record and run.

Even if they go 50% the rest of the way, they would still be 45-37 basically and that's what majority of us predicted anyway. So IMO, anything above that should exceed anyone's expectations.

Some people are fans who don't like the Bulls being good, because that is Bulls fandom. Some have been conditioned to losing. We are in a new era and it is a transition for all. I get it but this team has proved they aren't bums like that.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#26 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:38 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Zach - Low IQ chucker game, whatever, he’s allowed 1 every once in a while.

Derozen flopping around game, whatever, not concerned.

I’ll say this. I despise Coby. He may be my least favorite Bull of this century. He’s always out of position on defense, fouling jump shooters on routine plays, can’t stay in front of his man if his life depended on it. He gets hot on occasion and everyone is happy about that, but he makes 6-8 mental small mistakes a game that drive me off a cliff. I just don’t want him on the team. The moment he is gone, I’ll be happier about the Bulls.

I’m out on TBJ too. Missing easy layups, can’t hit a jumper, defense and playmaking are average on a good day. He shouldn’t get any minutes above Ayo or Green. Props to Billy for seeing this quickly and removing his minutes from the team. He isn’t good.

Not much else to take. When you play a team with 2 talented centers, and very patient guards, a team of small ball, sometimes undisciplined athletes is going to get murdered. And they did.

Coby is not the best IQ. He still has a skill this team needs though in the big picture. I've never been sold on TBJ though at all. I think Whites role will be fine long term just don't expect too much. Crawford is his ceiling and he won't get there but he has a role.
Shill
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#27 » by Shill » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:38 am

There are a handful of games a year that will be wire-to-wire blowouts.

This was our night to get kicked in the teeth.

We'll pay it forward to another this year (hopefully Indiana).
Scottie Pippen's response to whom he would pick for his running mate, Michael or LeBron: "That's a dumbass question. I've never done anything with LeBron. I wouldn't take LeBron to the movies."
Rowland Garrett
Senior
And1: 489

Post#28 » by Rowland Garrett » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:41 am

Ugh...so it goes...**IT happens.

Onward>>>>>>>>>>
RagingBull316
Rookie
And1: 909

Post#29 » by RagingBull316 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:53 am

More like Win 2 games, lose 1 game. They haven't won 3 straight since they won the first 4 games. Id gladly take a 3 game win streak, but they don't seem to be able to do it.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,187

Post#30 » by Dan Z » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:17 am

kodo wrote:SIMONOVIC SIGHTING

I know he didn't play much, but how did he look?
Ring_Me
Rookie
And1: 584

Post#31 » by Ring_Me » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:20 am

Everybody was gassed. We didn't run plays. Iso game chucking trying to catch up won't help. We'll have a few more types of games like this so don't be surprised.
"Do not go gentle into that good night." :starwars
Senor Chang
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,212

Post#32 » by Senor Chang » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:20 am

Wait, what? But seriously, I get what you're saying but this isn't the 72-10 bulls here. It's a blessing we're even 12-6 right now. Shake it off and keep it moving.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM Forums mobile app
wayoftheroad wrote:We’re getting bodied by Moochie Norris lmao
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,430

Post#33 » by Repeat 3-peat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:33 am

It was a loss right from the jump. 7 games in 10 days and a day after a grind out win vs the Knicks, they had nothing in the tank. The Pacers just out sized the Bulls, 59 rebounds to 38. Even with Vuc coming back this still needs to be addressed. Also, I didn't feel that Coby should've started. Start Ayo or Troy Brown. Someone to replace Caruso's physicality on the perimeter

Next two games are @Rockets and @Magic. No let downs, get those two wins and then Miami comes to Chicago, which should be a great and physical game.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,017

Post#34 » by FriedRise » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:38 am

A shorthanded team that just played 7 games in 11 nights. Nothing to see here, moving on.

BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,704

Post#35 » by BullChit » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:40 am

The biggest positive coming out of this game is we no longer have to entertain any "trade Coby, TBJ and filler for Myles Turner" ideas.

Because Indiana certainly wont!!
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#36 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:48 am

BullChit wrote:The biggest positive coming out of this game is we no longer have to entertain any "trade Coby, TBJ and filler for Myles Turner" ideas.

True but they never would have. I mean 2 years ago people said they needed to trade either Sabonis or Turner and they didn’t. They are riding with them at this point. Brogdon looked like a steal at that point and he is a good fit but his health isn’t all there either. Indiana is always interesting, they are the close but no Cigar team.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,704

Post#37 » by BullChit » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:49 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
BullChit wrote:The biggest positive coming out of this game is we no longer have to entertain any "trade Coby, TBJ and filler for Myles Turner" ideas.

True but they never would have. I mean 2 years ago people said they needed to trade either Sabonis or Turner and they didn’t. They are riding with them at this point. Brogdon looked like a steal at that point and he is a good fit but his health isn’t all there either. Indiana is always interesting, they are the close but no Cigar team.

oh no doubt they would never have... but at least now if somebody on here or anywhere else suggests it to me I will use this game to shut them down.
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,008

Post#38 » by MrSparkle » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:52 am

dice wrote:apologize if this has already been said, but...

caruso for MVP?

Yea man. It's no joke. Honestly, since the beginning of the pre-season, he's been the one who quickly turns the tide in Chicago's favor with a relentless second wave. Kept bringing it in the starting lineup. His defense is insane.

Anyway, glad I actually had to miss this game. :-?
eierluke
Lead Assistant
And1: 87

Post#39 » by eierluke » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:55 am

Why starting Coby over Ayo?
Bad idea if you want to win a game and bad idea if you want to keep hard working players on the defensive end motivated long term
sven petersson
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#40 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:57 am

Repeat 3-peat wrote:It was a loss right from the jump. 7 games in 10 days and a day after a grind out win vs the Knicks, they had nothing in the tank. The Pacers just out sized the Bulls, 59 rebounds to 38. Even with Vuc coming back this still needs to be addressed. Also, I didn't feel that Coby should've started. Start Ayo or Troy Brown. Someone to replace Caruso's physicality on the perimeter

Next two games are @Rockets and @Magic. No let downs, get those two wins and then Miami comes to Chicago, which should be a great and physical game.

They folded this game by not playing AC or Vuc. The team knew it and they played as such. It was a rest game or so it appears. Like Portland they didn’t really care about this game for better or worse. With Coby, they were giving Vet respect, and seeing what he has. I mean they played Dotson and Marko. They were testing the ranks to see what they can do. Honestly I haven’t seen a team throw a game like this in Chicago for a little while. I mean we have lost some like this but that was just bad teams. This wasn’t even an effort. I will assume myself personally that this was planned, unless the wheels fall off. Last season was a whole lot of this, testing to see what this team could do and they made changes. Maybe this was an assessment game and a chance to rest? Maybe not but I will wait and see. I’ve been impressed so far with this new look Bulls so I will give them some leash at this point. They clearly are not the same Bulls team as we have seen in the past.

Return to Chicago Bulls