Image ImageImage Image

PG: Did they know there was a game tonight?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,205

Re: PG: Did they know there was a game tonight? 

Post#41 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:01 am

eierluke wrote:Why starting Coby over Ayo?
Bad idea if you want to win a game and bad idea if you want to keep hard working players on the defensive end motivated long term

Pure speculation but I think it was an assessment game. I might be crazy. They want to see what white has and to move on from him or not. I mean why was Dotson up for this if not an assessment game. Why did Marko finally play. You could tell from the jump and AC sitting that this wasn’t a game they cared about. Looks like AK is making decisions to me. Once again just speculating. I could be way off.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#42 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:07 am

5 games in 7 nights and we were physically overmatched. I REALLY need to Vuc to play within the the next two games. We are doing an amazing job wining so many games with what is probably the worst frontcourt in the NBA. Hopefully AKME realize that cannot sit on their asses with PF situation. We need a rotation level player with legit PF size that can rebound and play defense. It probably won’t take much to acquire one.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#43 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:09 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
Bad idea if you want to win a game and bad idea if you want to keep hard working players on the defensive end motivated long term

Pure speculation but I think it was an assessment game. I might be crazy. They want to see what white has and to move on from him or not. I mean why was Dotson up for this if not an assessment game. Why did Marko finally play. You could tell from the jump and AC sitting that this wasn’t a game they cared about. Looks like AK is making decisions to me. Once again just speculating. I could be way off.

I don’t think they are looking to move on from Coby. We need his offense badly off the bench. Ayo starting would not have made a lick of difference tonight either.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,705

Post#44 » by BullChit » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:10 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:5 games in 7 nights and we were physically overmatched. I REALLY need to Vuc to play within the the next two games. We are doing an amazing job wining so many games with what is probably the worst frontcourt in the NBA. Hopefully AKME realize that cannot sit on their asses with PF situation. We need a rotation level player with legit PF size that can rebound and play defense. It probably won’t take much to acquire one.

Judging by everything we have seen from AKME I would imagine they will make moves to fill holes as soon as it makes sense to.

The investigation likely messes with Trades as well as possibly not wanting to mess up chemistry for just any old trade - buyouts more likely to be the candidate for change but no way they sit on their asses and do nothing.
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#45 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:13 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

I don’t think they are looking to move on from Coby. We need his offense badly off the bench. Ayo starting would not have made a lick of difference tonight either.

True Ayo wouldn’t have made a difference. I think they were still “testing” him though. Be it coaching to make him improve or seeing where he is at. He surely isn’t useless but if he netted something better in a trade they would be all over it. I don’t think he is a bum but he is one of the few assets we have in the hopper right now. Well assets we would trade at the very least.

Related but a small side point, last year “everyone’s was available. This year the list is much much smaller. That in itself is a huge improvement in my mind.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#46 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:20 am

BullChit wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:5 games in 7 nights and we were physically overmatched. I REALLY need to Vuc to play within the the next two games. We are doing an amazing job wining so many games with what is probably the worst frontcourt in the NBA. Hopefully AKME realize that cannot sit on their asses with PF situation. We need a rotation level player with legit PF size that can rebound and play defense. It probably won’t take much to acquire one.

Judging by everything we have seen from AKME I would imagine they will make moves to fill holes as soon as it makes sense to.

The investigation likely messes with Trades as well as possibly not wanting to mess up chemistry for just any old trade - buyouts more likely to be the candidate for change but no way they sit on their asses and do nothing.

Agreed AKME don’t seem like knee jerk reaction types. If they were first order if business would have been firing Boylen on day one and hiring the first coach available which wasn’t BD. Kinda seems like they have a plan. I mean they have outsmarted us fans so far with their moves, something GarPax never ever once did, so I’ll give them some rope. Not saying I think this is perfect and haven’t questioned every damn move from, BD, Ball, DDR, Vuc, Pat etc… I have but it surely seems to work better than anything I have seen since Thibs. I won’t deny though that it might just be beginners luck, but it doesn’t feel that way to me. Mind you though I thought Elton Brand would wash out of the league in 2 years, Odom was the truth and Curry and Chandler were smart moves so take anything I saw with a grain of salt. I ain’t too bright.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#47 » by bearadonisdna » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:23 am

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:1 center , 4 guards .
Sure is an easy watch .
:lol: Just kidding trying to see who I can bait .

I guess back to being a Knicks fan you go now!

Haha wake me up wen vuc get back .
RagingBull316
Rookie
And1: 911

Post#48 » by RagingBull316 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:29 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:5 games in 7 nights and we were physically overmatched..

Actually that was game 4 in the past 6 nights.

Its also only game 2 of the 5 games in 7 nights this week. So it doesn't get any easier.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,937
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#49 » by MalagaBulls » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:48 am

When Sabonis out muscled 3 Bulls for 2 consecutive O rebounds I knew it wasn't our night. Fastforwarded & it was 25-9. I knew that was game. The only other time I knew we didn't have it was the Dubs game. I'm not a ticket holder but how can you as a team justify going out & playing like that (by taking the night off in front of paying fans)?
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#50 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:53 am

MalagaBulls wrote:When Sabonis out muscled 3 Bulls for 2 consecutive O rebounds I knew it wasn't our night. Fastforwarded & it was 25-9. I knew that was game. The only other time I knew we didn't it was the Dubs game. I'm not a ticket holder but how can you as a team justify going out & playing like that (by taking the night off in front of paying fans)?

Well they have done it for years so one night isn’t that bad. Honestly in the load management era that isn’t uncommon at all. I get it for sure but the game is still a good night out for most people regardless. Better than it has been in a while. Totally stunk up the joint though.

Next GT on you? You have to return the team to its winning ways I failed tonight.
The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

Post#51 » by The Force. » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:30 am

Coby starting tells me that either the coaching staff is testing him with starters or they want to showcase him for trades.

From a strategic standpoint it makes zero sense. We already start our two best offensive players, it’s the 2nd unit that desperately needs shooting. Not to mention the defense is mediocre with Coby, Zach and LaVine.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,893

Post#52 » by biggestbullsfan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:38 am

Our lack of size was never more apparent than it was tonight. Smh

But on to the next
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,893

Post#53 » by biggestbullsfan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:52 am

Michael Jackson wrote:

I think the issue for me is, I think we need the player that Coby can be. We don’t have a ton of offensive firepower outside of our two stars. Coby can get hot quickly.

Now if we are moving him for a worthwhile PF who can score and rebound then maybe. Idk if he has that type of value, but i guess it depends.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,921

Post#54 » by Wingy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:29 am

BullChit wrote:The biggest positive coming out of this game is we no longer have to entertain any "trade Coby, TBJ and filler for Myles Turner" ideas.

Because Indiana certainly wont!!

But don’t forget Pat Williams!!!

I’d fire all our remaining bullets to get Turner...meaning both remaining 1sts, Pat, Coby, and Stacey King. Still don’t think Indy would bite.
BullChit
Head Coach

Post#55 » by BullChit » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:37 am

Wingy wrote:
BullChit wrote:The biggest positive coming out of this game is we no longer have to entertain any "trade Coby, TBJ and filler for Myles Turner" ideas.

Because Indiana certainly wont!!

But don’t forget Pat Williams!!!

I’d fire all our remaining bullets to get Turner...meaning both remaining 1sts, Pat, Coby, and Stacey King. Still don’t think Indy would bite.

Stacey King is well loved outside of Bulls circles...... I think Adam Amin would have to be included in that trade package...
BullChit
Head Coach

Post#56 » by BullChit » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:41 am

The Force. wrote:Coby starting tells me that either the coaching staff is testing him with starters or they want to showcase him for trades.

From a strategic standpoint it makes zero sense. We already start our two best offensive players, it’s the 2nd unit that desperately needs shooting. Not to mention the defense is mediocre with Coby, Zach and LaVine.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

If Coby was scoring better I would imagine its because we knew defence would be an issue so we would send an offensive barrage there way..... That was never the case though both in theory and practice...

So I have no idea why Coby started.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,694

Post#57 » by SfBull » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:58 am

Couldn't watch last 2 games .Did we really need to start Coby ?He didn't play well by game stats.The Pacers aren't better than us.
Just_Bullz
Veteran
And1: 629

Post#58 » by Just_Bullz » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:40 am

I fear the worst for the rockets, the rebound will be like being hit by a freight train.

Rest up and be ready to gore in Texas. Still s season away from having an elite mindset but things take time.
aguifs
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,435

Post#59 » by aguifs » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:01 pm

Losing is ok.

The blowouts... Damn... It hurts :banghead:
#FIREAKME #BOYCOTTABULL #REINSDORKSELLTHEFRANCHISE
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,772

Post#60 » by jc23 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:09 pm

alot of people called this loss
Be curious, Not judgmental

Return to Chicago Bulls