Which PF should the Bulls target?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,405

Re: Which PF should the Bulls target? 

Post#21 » by Blazinaway » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:13 pm

logical_art wrote:Larry Nance Jr might be a good fit. Could he be had on the cheap?

no way, he's playin great for Portland and has another yr after this, much rather trade Roco (expiring) than Nance, and I am thinking POR values him a decent bit higher than RoCo
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,930

Post#22 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:45 pm

logical_art wrote:So the Bulls have a massive hole at PF. Patrick Williams, who is a good fit there, will only be back around the end of the season. In the meantime they're playing guards at the spot. Even when Williams is back, they need more frontcourt depth.

Assuming they want to go bargain shopping and not trade Coby or PWill, what kind of semi useful player could they get? Defending PFs and rebounding would be the priority, everything else gravy. Someone who can do ok on D vs Giannis would be especially useful.

Get Thad Young back.
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#23 » by logical_art » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:13 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
logical_art wrote:So the Bulls have a massive hole at PF. Patrick Williams, who is a good fit there, will only be back around the end of the season. In the meantime they're playing guards at the spot. Even when Williams is back, they need more frontcourt depth.

Assuming they want to go bargain shopping and not trade Coby or PWill, what kind of semi useful player could they get? Defending PFs and rebounding would be the priority, everything else gravy. Someone who can do ok on D vs Giannis would be especially useful.

Get Thad Young back.

Not a bad idea if he's cut loose.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,814

Post#24 » by psman2 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:21 pm

logical_art wrote:The Bulls lack roster depth and have PWill coming back this season hopefully. Additionally, their 1-4 starting scorers are good offensively. So I don't think they should give up any real assets - they basically just need a defensive/rebounding minded proper sized PF who can give them what Caruso or J Green do as starters offensively. Then that player will move to the bench when PWill is back.

I wouldn't trade Coby because they need his offense off the bench.

So basically it's what's the best piece they can get for low value players (maybe Simonovic + Troy Brown Jr + a second round pick). I'm not sure if that would be enough to bring back Clarke, but that's the kind of trade I think the Bulls should look to make.

I think Memphis would rather keep Clarke over filler and an 2nd. He is still in our rotation and could take a bigger role next year. Just no reason to sell him especially with us not having a shortage of picks and being in the playoff hunt.

Now I would consider a 1st round swap between our highest(worst) 1st (Mem, LAL, Utah) for the better (lower) pick between the Chicago and Portland pick. So likely Utah pick 25+ for a pick in the 16-20 range.
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#25 » by nicnac215 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:37 pm

Jon Isaac is an ideal fit however they do not have the assets to fit for Orlando unless you included a 3rd team.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#26 » by Ruzious » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:49 pm

logical_art wrote:
Frichuela wrote:Do the Bulls value Kuzma or Bertans as their right now answer to PF?

How about:

Coby White + D Jones Jr + Portland's 2022 1st (Top 14 protected) for Kuzma + Holiday?

or

Bertans+Todd for Coby White + D Jones Jr.

The don't need offense at the PF position. They need a dirty work guy who can slow down PFs and prevent them from getting killed on the glass (Their biggest team weakness right now).

Kuzma's getting over 9 rebounds a game this season and playing good D. Wiz are going to have a numbers crunch up front when Rui and Bryant return. They need a 3rd guard type.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,052

Post#27 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:52 pm

I don’t know if I would give Patrick Williams for Isaac or not. Lots of health uncertainty. I think I’d probably go for Grant or Siakam first if I’m the Bulls.
logical_art
RealGM

Post#28 » by logical_art » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:04 pm

Grant is too finesse (look at his rebounded numbers) and not what the Bulls need at PF.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#29 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:22 pm

logical_art wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

Get Thad Young back.

Not a bad idea if he's cut loose.

If he's bought out he will have lots of teams wanting him. If I was the bulls and I'd want him back I'd offer Brown and Jones and a 2nd or 2 and cash for him. Especially if I thought he'd put us over the top for a shot at finals. But he's 33 and expiring some I wouldn't offer a #1.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#30 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:26 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I don’t know if I would give Patrick Williams for Isaac or not. Lots of health uncertainty. I think I’d probably go for Grant or Siakam first if I’m the Bulls.

If money is no object and you don't mind getting neck deep in the tax then a Siakam might be great. Something like 2 #1's out in 24 and 26 and then the salary to make it work, but I don't see the bulls willing to send out enough salary to make it happen. LeVine would have to be in it just to match salary.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#31 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:41 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I don’t know if I would give Patrick Williams for Isaac or not. Lots of health uncertainty. I think I’d probably go for Grant or Siakam first if I’m the Bulls.

If money is no object and you don't mind getting neck deep in the tax then a Siakam might be great. Something like 2 #1's out in 24 and 26 and then the salary to make it work, but I don't see the bulls willing to send out enough salary to make it happen. LeVine would have to be in it just to match salary.

White, PWill, DJJ, TBrown does it salary wise, but I think there’s barely room for a min in with Siakam, much less a few guys to deal with roster spots.

If the Raps don’t see a lot in White I think he could get routed to OKC along with eating the salary.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,711

Post#32 » by eminence » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:25 am

psman2 wrote:Now I would consider a 1st round swap between our highest(worst) 1st (Mem, LAL, Utah) for the better (lower) pick between the Chicago and Portland pick. So likely Utah pick 25+ for a pick in the 16-20 range.

A deal like that looks pretty good to me.

POR 1st for Clarke/Utah 1st.
I bought a boat.
logical_art
RealGM

Post#33 » by logical_art » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:45 am

It seems like every loose ball has gone to them.
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#34 » by RonaldArtest » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:56 am

What about something like:

White+Brown+Dosunmu+Siminovic
for
Boucher+Flynn+Myckhyluk+Watanabe
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#35 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:24 am

RonaldArtest wrote:What about something like:

for

Seems overly complicated but a good premise. Boucher, Flynn for White, Brown
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#36 » by RonaldArtest » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:44 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
RonaldArtest wrote:What about something like:

for

Seems overly complicated but a good premise. Boucher, Flynn for White, Brown

I’m no capologist but I’m pretty sure that pushes the Raps into luxury tax as there’s around $2m more salary incoming, and I think they’re just around $1m under as it stands currently. The 4 for 4 works out better for salary matching but I agree, the basis of the deal would be Boucher/Flynn for White/Brown.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,585

Post#37 » by Bruin » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:35 am

Depends on how big they wanna go. Do they want more star power, an above average starter, or a role player?
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,478

Post#38 » by Wolveswin » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:43 am

nicnac215 wrote:Jon Isaac is an ideal fit however they do not have the assets to fit for Orlando unless you included a 3rd team.

Why not?

Williams + DJJ + 2022 Blazers 1st

Isaac would have to prove very healthy by deadline to support this type of all-in move.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,897

Post#39 » by meekrab » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:27 am

Wolveswin wrote:
nicnac215 wrote:Jon Isaac is an ideal fit however they do not have the assets to fit for Orlando unless you included a 3rd team.

Why not?

Isaac would have to prove very healthy by deadline to support this type of all-in move.

Isaac makes way too much money, 4/70 for a guy who hasn't proven anything is just a typical Magic contract.
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#40 » by nicnac215 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:36 am

meekrab wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:

Why not?

Isaac makes way too much money, 4/70 for a guy who hasn't proven anything is just a typical Magic contract.

He can do everything but score and stay healthy. If he can get the health part down no one fits next to Lavine DD and Vuc better

Return to Trades and Transactions