ImageImageImage

The 2021-2022 I Wouldn't Trade Brown for Simmons Because He's a Clown Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,673

Re: The 2021-2022 I Wouldn't Trade Brown for Simmons Because He's a Clown Trade Thread 

Post#881 » by Tatumfor2 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:59 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:Coby White and Chris Boucher do exactly what for the Celtics? Get them from 9th seed to the 8th seed?

Celtics need to think much bigger than this.

Still would love to see Harrison Barnes make his way to the Celtics somehow.

Right now Harrison Barnes would be too expensive because of the Celtics cap situation.

I would love it if Brad can use the TPE on Christian Wood.

If the Celts are going to beat teams like the Sixers and Bucks, Celts are going to need 3 quality big men.

I can't tell. Do you want the Celtics to acquire Christan Wood?
Win it for Al!!! :pray:
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,797

Re: The 2021-2022 I Wouldn't Trade Brown for Simmons Because He's a Clown Trade Thread 

Post#882 » by Larry_Russell » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:41 pm

Tatumfor2 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:Coby White and Chris Boucher do exactly what for the Celtics? Get them from 9th seed to the 8th seed?

Right now Harrison Barnes would be too expensive because of the Celtics cap situation.

If the Celts are going to beat teams like the Sixers and Bucks, Celts are going to need 3 quality big men.

I can't tell. Do you want the Celtics to acquire Christan Wood?

And get rid of smart.
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#883 » by GoGreen » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:58 pm

Keep going back to assets.

Who on this team is going to net anything besides the Jays? Unfortunately, the Cs may be in a position where they trade guys like Horf and Schro before the deadline just to acquire assets for a big trade.
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#884 » by Larry_Russell » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:22 pm

GoGreen wrote:Keep going back to assets.

Who on this team is going to net anything besides the Jays? Unfortunately, the Cs may be in a position where they trade guys like Horf and Schro before the deadline just to acquire assets for a big trade.

IMO we do n ot need a big deal.

We need to surround them with a few different types of players.
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#885 » by Dannyboy36 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:32 am

GoGreen wrote:Keep going back to assets.

After seeing a feel good win with both players playing well , this sand thought crossed my mind. But there’s so many variables I have no idea if any of it makes sense.
I definitely prefer Schroeder in their as lead guard than Marcus though. Marcus had a great game though too.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,779

Post#886 » by Curmudgeon » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:54 pm

Well, let's see if the current group can sustain any success. Win one, lose one won't get you anywhere except outside of the lottery.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#887 » by Dannyboy36 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:39 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:

What does wood do and where does he play?

Can he short 3s and space the floor?

The Richardson, Smart, Schroeder 1,2,3 is a spacing and shooting nightmare, I don’t care how great they are on defense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. Sure the Celts knew it was a bunch of non shooters but Jees I definitely trust Schroeder the most. JRich’s value gotta be meh . I’d much rather be paying Schroeder Smart’s money. I don’t know what the plan is. Schroeder and Horford help the offense move I think but both are the here for long.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,734

Post#888 » by BK_2020 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:32 pm

Juancho and 2 seconds to Houston for cap relief, who says no.
Curmudgeon
RealGM

Post#889 » by Curmudgeon » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:42 pm

BK_2020 wrote:Juancho and 2 seconds to Houston for cap relief, who says no.

Houston, because they are over the cap and need to send salaries back.

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,990

Post#890 » by Floody100 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:05 am

Do we go after Buddy ? That one-two scoring punch of Schroder & Hield off the bench would help us tremendously.
Curmudgeon
RealGM

Post#891 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:29 am

Floody100 wrote:Do we go after Buddy ? That one-two scoring punch of Schroder & Hield off the bench would help us tremendously.

No. Buddy sucks.

Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,127

Post#892 » by Hal14 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:51 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:
Half-Full wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:
Come on Curmudegeon, Nesmith never makes shots. Not at Buddy Hield's rate and volume. I am not a fan of Ime. He is way too defensive oriented to to the point he hurts the offense because he loves the defense. Job is to win games, not have the No. 1 defense.

We should trade for Buddy. My god, the Hawks do't have a good defense team but have Trae, Huerter, Bogdanovich and Gallinari. All four of those guys are better shooters than any guy on our roster.

Both Pritchard and Nesmith have a history of being good shooters. It is not likely that they have lost this skill. More likely that they are in a bit of a slump. Give them some playing time (not just 6 minutes), and encourage them to take shots when they are open (of course, give them the ball). There is no reason to think that they will not knock down shots at a rate in keeping with their past history. Of course, everything is dependent on opportunity. No/limited playing time = no/limited impact.

Pritchard's rookie 3pt percentage exceeds Hield's career average. And Hield started his NBA career even older than Pritchard did. The same is true for TS% and WS/48 by wider margins.

Also, Ime was scared of Pritchard when he coached against the Celtics last postseason. So I doubt he's given up on him this soon.

1) show me the link to the quote where Udoka says this
2) Udoka was only the asst coach for the Nets last postseason. Not head coach. Asst coach has very little influence..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,127

Post#893 » by Hal14 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:54 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:Well, let's see if the current group can sustain any success. Win one, lose one won't get you anywhere except outside of the lottery.

We've won 3 in a row and 8 out of 11. Currently tied for 6 seed and only 3 games out of 1st. If we win tomorrow night it'll only be 2 games out of 1st.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,281

Post#894 » by chrisab123 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:57 pm

Why do the same jobbers keep getting brought up for trades? Need to think bigger than Barnes who while he isn't a jobber isn't exactly a star player.
Curmudgeon
RealGM

Post#895 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:00 pm

Hal14 wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:Well, let's see if the current group can sustain any success. Win one, lose one won't get you anywhere except outside of the lottery.

We've won 3 in a row and 8 out of 11. Currently tied for 6 seed and only 3 games out of 1st. If we win tomorrow night it'll only be 2 games out of 1st.

Beating the Nets will require better basketball than they've been playing.

Back to trades, I'm still high on acquiring Usman Garuba from the Rockets. They have him playing in the G league so the price can't be too high.

Smart2Nesmith43
Sixth Man
And1: 4,139

Post#896 » by Smart2Nesmith43 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:58 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:Back to trades, I'm still high on acquiring Usman Garuba from the Rockets. They have him playing in the G league so the price can't be too high.

Garuba was the guy I wanted the 16th pick before the Kemba trade. I'd love to get him to Boston but it's not uncommon for low first round picks to start off in the G-league so I don't think his value has dropped that much unfortunately. I don't know what we could offer that would entice Houston to do that kind of deal either.
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#897 » by Larry_Russell » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:19 pm

I would offer pritchard plus for martin jr.
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#898 » by BillessuR6 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:34 pm

Hernangomez and a 2nd to team with cap space...

But I would certainly like a shooting wing to come of the bench and help with scoring. But who is available?

We discussed Ross a few times but his 3% is actually quite bad...
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,833

Post#899 » by Celts17Pride » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:08 pm

I'm in the camp of going out and getting a potential difference maker that other teams may be interested in in the off season someone like Barnes, J Grant, Ingram, Hield, Rozier etc. whoever is available at the right price and you think they are a fit. I don't care about next year's first round pick because the Celtics have too many young players that can't get playing time right now.

If Stevens can package a vet, young players and 1st round pick to add a significant piece then great. If not then just let the young (Langford, Pritchard, Nesmith) play.
La Flame
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,105

Post#900 » by La Flame » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:07 pm

I'm very open to getting Wood and Hield. Both would be very beneficial to our offense and on a playoff team would surely at least try on defense.
Hield has been shooting 40% on 10 threes a game for like 3 seasons now, comparing PP to him is beyond homerism at this point. If you're gonna tell Tatum we aren't trading for Hield because we already have PP, he is getting his ass out of here asap lmao.

Since Danny fumbled the bag these past years, we need to get someone with good potential in a bad situation and hope for him to become an all-star level player with the right guidance here. We have no means of getting solid talent in the future anyway. Take a chance on a Bagley or Wood especially if it's for cheap. I never understood why Danny didn't take chances on players like this, just to keep a Carsen or Semi on the end of the bench. Kevin Porter Jr was traded for a 2nd round pick. ****, Desmond Banes is looking great right now too.

I'm really hoping we actually get someone who can grow better here, using your ammo on Harrison Barnes is like putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound. SGA for like 3 picks and Smart? I doubt OKC is interested in anything we have though.

Return to Boston Celtics