ImageImageImage

Wolves @ Pelicans Gamethread...4 in a row tonight??

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,843

Re: Wolves @ Pelicans Gamethread...4 in a row tonight?? 

Post#81 » by life_saver » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:40 am

Wolf_Cry wrote:
WolfAddict wrote:Just imagine how good we'd be if DLo could hit at anything better than 18.8%... Just imagine.

True, but also add in Beasley and Ant too. All 3 are so darn streaky that when they're all cold, it can drive us insane. Ant at least has the ability to get to the rack when he tries, but the other two unfortunately will have to keep shooting away until they start dropping.

Ant's shooting averages are still above league average for a guard/wing...he is shooting 35.5% from 3 so far this season and he shot similar averages from 3 post-ASB last season too...for me, bigger concerns so far this season have been DLo and Beasley...DLo especially is shooting below his career averages from 3 but we are still not even 25% into season...so hoping that he will catch fire as the season goes on.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,530

Post#82 » by Note30 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:46 am

DLo and Beas are trash
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,408

Post#83 » by winforlose » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:48 am

Note30 wrote:DLo and Beas are trash

There is no doubt this is a bad year for both players. But, they have both made an effort to step up their game in other areas. Dlo and Beasley have both had some nice defensive moments this season and both are willing passers. I agree that both are overpaid for their performance level, but I also believe career averages are more than random numbers. I have hope that both men will find their stroke and turn things around.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,843

Post#84 » by life_saver » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:56 am

winforlose wrote:
Note30 wrote:DLo and Beas are trash

There is no doubt this is a bad year for both players. But, they have both made an effort to step up their game in other areas. Dlo and Beasley have both had some nice defensive moments this season and both are willing passers. I agree that both are overpaid for their performance level, but I also believe career averages are more than random numbers. I have hope that both men will find their stroke and turn things around.

yeah...atleast they have been putting effort on defense. I still think they will find their shot as the season progresses
Wolf_Cry
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,378

Post#85 » by Wolf_Cry » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:56 am

life_saver wrote:
Wolf_Cry wrote:
WolfAddict wrote:Just imagine how good we'd be if DLo could hit at anything better than 18.8%... Just imagine.

True, but also add in Beasley and Ant too. All 3 are so darn streaky that when they're all cold, it can drive us insane. Ant at least has the ability to get to the rack when he tries, but the other two unfortunately will have to keep shooting away until they start dropping.

Ant's shooting averages are still above league average for a guard/wing...he is shooting 35.5% from 3 so far this season and he shot similar averages from 3 post-ASB last season too...for me, bigger concerns so far this season have been DLo and Beasley...DLo especially is shooting below his career averages from 3 but we are still not even 25% into season...so hoping that he will catch fire as the season goes on.

It's not the average that bugs me. It's the streaky-ness that drives me insane. One game he'll go 5/7 from 3pt. The next game it's 1/6. Over the course of the season, it will average out pretty well, but during those span of cold nights is when the team really struggles. Again, this pertains to DLo and Beasley as well, if not more. I'm just hoping for consistency in the future.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#86 » by packforfreedom » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:57 am

We survived Jonas Valanciunas!

Now on to Jimmy. I need this win so bad
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,629

Post#87 » by shrink » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:39 pm

shrink wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Come on Russell get your sheet together. That said we're up 16 at the half.

Yeah, he’s 1-for-7, and he leads the team at +21.

I don’t understand this game.

I just learned this isn’t unique. I finally got to Dane’s podcast after the Memphis win, and he did a whole section on the fact that Russell was leading the team in +/- by a significant margin for the whole season.

He attributes this, not to defense, and not to Russell’s shaky start offensively, but due to the fact that Finch plays him a lot with the second unit, as a stabilizing factor.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,941

Post#88 » by Klomp » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:58 pm

shrink wrote:
shrink wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Come on Russell get your sheet together. That said we're up 16 at the half.

Yeah, he’s 1-for-7, and he leads the team at +21.

I just learned this isn’t unique. I finally got to Dane’s podcast after the Memphis win, and he did a whole section on the fact that Russell was leading the team in +/- by a significant margin for the whole season.

He attributes this, not to defense, and not to Russell’s shaky start offensively, but due to the fact that Finch plays him a lot with the second unit, as a stabilizing factor.

It's more than just being a stabilizing factor. You don't get to +21 if nothing more than a stabilizing factor.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#89 » by Worm Guts » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:28 pm

Klomp wrote:
shrink wrote:
shrink wrote:Yeah, he’s 1-for-7, and he leads the team at +21.

It's more than just being a stabilizing factor. You don't get to +21 if nothing more than a stabilizing factor.

We really shouldn’t be taking anything from plus/minus numbers in an individual game.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#90 » by a8bil » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:32 pm

Nice win, Wolves. Win the ones you're supposed to, steal some you're not, and you have the makings of a PO team. Really like the defensive effort. Wish DLo was not taking that many shots when he's off, but somebody else has to step up and force the ball out of his hands. Patience...you guys are establishing a good foundation to build on.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,629

Post#91 » by shrink » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:49 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Klomp wrote:
shrink wrote:I just learned this isn’t unique. I finally got to Dane’s podcast after the Memphis win, and he did a whole section on the fact that Russell was leading the team in +/- by a significant margin for the whole season.

We really shouldn’t be taking anything from plus/minus numbers in an individual game.

I would agree, but apparently this has gone on all season.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#92 » by urinesane » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:41 pm

Dalvin wrote:
urinesane wrote:
Dalvin wrote:What a treat for my first wedding anniversary!

Unless your wife is a die hard Wolves fan, you definitely shouldn't watch TWolves games live on your anniversary... if you want more of them that is.

Oh, she knew she married a die hard T'Wolves fan :lol:
Technically, it's already the 23rd where I'm from. But it's still the 22nd there, it counts for me! 8-)

You've been warned.

shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#93 » by shangrila » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:08 am

urinesane wrote:
Dalvin wrote:
urinesane wrote:
Unless your wife is a die hard Wolves fan, you definitely shouldn't watch TWolves games live on your anniversary... if you want more of them that is.

Oh, she knew she married a die hard T'Wolves fan :lol:
Technically, it's already the 23rd where I'm from. But it's still the 22nd there, it counts for me! 8-)

You've been warned.

Welcome back man.

You came at a good time. For now you can strap on to the hype train of our current win streak before it inevitably derails and we go back to discussing KAT trades and constantly bumping the draft thread to the top of the board.
jscott
Veteran
And1: 917

Post#94 » by jscott » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:46 pm

shrink wrote:
jscott wrote:Love for Towns to start getting some calls and have Val get into foul trouble early. That would all be guarantee a Wolves win.

Never start a post like this again! :wink:

Haha. Cavs fans are salivating at the thought :lol:
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#95 » by urinesane » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:38 pm

shangrila wrote:
urinesane wrote:
Dalvin wrote:Oh, she knew she married a die hard T'Wolves fan :lol:

You've been warned.

Welcome back man.

You came at a good time. For now you can strap on to the hype train of our current win streak before it inevitably derails and we go back to discussing KAT trades and constantly bumping the draft thread to the top of the board.

Not sure what you're talking about. Probably that other person who doesn't have a totally real nose and mustache attached to glasses...
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#96 » by shangrila » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:15 am

urinesane wrote:
shangrila wrote:
urinesane wrote:
You've been warned.

Welcome back man.

Not sure what you're talking about. Probably that other person who doesn't have a totally real nose and mustache attached to glasses...

:lol:

I legitimately didn't notice. Take this and 1 for the dedication.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves