Around the NBA V: Live and Let Die

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Re: Around the NBA V: Live and Let Die 

Post#41 » by Coxy » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:46 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
Coxy wrote:The Pacers are looking like a team that will make deadline deals.

As buyers or sellers?

The Pacers always seem to have players I like but a flawed roster construction overall.

Sellers for sure. Even with TJ Warren returning, they are stuck in mediocrity, they would be best cashing in on their assets and going for draft picks. I think they should keep Sabonis, and maybe Levert, but the rest they may move.
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,244

Post#42 » by Outside » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:23 pm

Rick Carlisle has a lot of power as the new voice with management. If he doesn't think a player fits what he wants to do, that guy is most likely gone.

I haven't watched the Pacers play. I don't know if the problem is having to learn a whole new system or something else, but I'm surprised they've been so bad.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#43 » by Coxy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:39 am

Draymond would get 75 games for this, but Lebron will probably receive a "Please don't do that again" email from Adam Silver though.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 851

Post#44 » by DevinVassell » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:56 am

Nah, there was no intent there. LeBron was just trying to pull his arm away. Move on...

Always liked Stewarts hustle as a player but he comes off as an emotional school kid here. Sees a smidgeon of his blood and starts acting like its World War III. HOLD ME BACK!
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 430

Post#45 » by superunknown » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:51 am

lesuckerpunch
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#46 » by and1GS » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:50 pm

Coxy wrote:

Draymond would get 75 games for this, but Lebron will probably receive a "Please don't do that again" email from Adam Silver though.

He should receive at least a one game suspension. Intent or not, he punched a man in the face with a closed fist.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#47 » by Old_Blue » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:52 pm

I'd like to see a short suspension for Frank Vogel for saying...

"To me it's one of those things that can change the momentum of your season. To see guys rally around a teammate that just got ejected like that in a strange circumstance."

If that's not encouraging that kind of behavior, I don't know what is.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#48 » by wco81 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:01 pm

Ridiculous, the Lakers should have handled the Pistons easily.

Coming back to win a game they should win is like some achievement?

They get to play the struggling Knicks and the decimated Cavs so the narrative will be that the team rallied.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#49 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:02 am

Stewart was talking to LeBron way more calmly then something after the punch set him off. I wonder what it was ... I assume it was something said to him.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#50 » by Old_Blue » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:45 am

It's official. Stewart gets a two game suspension for bashing his face into LeBron's elbow. LeBron gets a one game suspension for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. :lol:

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/11/james-suspended-one-game-stewart-gets-two-game-penalty.html
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#51 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:19 am

Old_Blue wrote:It's official. Stewart gets a two game suspension for bashing his face into LeBron's elbow. LeBron gets a one game suspension for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. :lol:

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/11/james-suspended-one-game-stewart-gets-two-game-penalty.html

I still wonder what was said to Stewart to set him off.
osx28
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#52 » by osx28 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:15 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:It's official. Stewart gets a two game suspension for bashing his face into LeBron's elbow. LeBron gets a one game suspension for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. :lol:

I still wonder what was said to Stewart to set him off.

I think Jalen Rose said earlier today that he thought it was becasue IS began to feel his own blood gushing out of his face and realized how bad it actually was. I tend to agree, dude looked freaked out more than angry.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#53 » by superunknown » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:05 am

stewart going off has something to do with russell westbrick. he was the one escalating the incident with his behaviour.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#54 » by superunknown » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:39 am

are they gonna give him 2 months suspension for this, right? :lol:
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,321

Post#55 » by NeoWarriors » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:45 pm

superunknown wrote:Image

are they gonna give him 2 months suspension for this, right?
Needs to be accessorized with one of Serge Ibaka's giant scarves.

Sent from my Golden State Warriors Protoast Elite toaster using RealGM mobile app
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,798

Post#56 » by floppymoose » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:50 pm

That is awesome. And when you are on the plane you've got a blanket. You know they don't give you those anymore. Smart thinking by Kuzma.

Although I do wonder about the rip chords hanging out of the bottom. Is it also a parachute?
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,233

Post#57 » by Impuniti » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:02 pm

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't think Lebron wanted to punch him in the face, but he did want to push/hit him off. It was just unfortunate his head went down and he got clocked. 1 game suspension is fine. Stewart would not have gotten suspended if he didn't act like a crazy person, NBA isn't going to tolerate a guy acting like that and would set a precedent.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#58 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:20 pm

Impuniti wrote:

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't think Lebron wanted to punch him in the face, but he did want to push/hit him off. It was just unfortunate his head went down and he got clocked. 1 game suspension is fine. Stewart would not have gotten suspended if he didn't act like a crazy person, NBA isn't going to tolerate a guy acting like that and would set a precedent.

I agree, but I think Stewart should not have more games than LeBron.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,233

Post#59 » by Impuniti » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:32 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:

If he didn't act like a maniac, he probably doesn't even get suspended. He needed to be slowed down on 3 occasions, and it looked like he went through the tunnel to find another way to attack Lebron. That's just crazy behavior.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#60 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:28 pm

Impuniti wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:I'm probably in the minority, but I don't think Lebron wanted to punch him in the face, but he did want to push/hit him off. It was just unfortunate his head went down and he got clocked. 1 game suspension is fine. Stewart would not have gotten suspended if he didn't act like a crazy person, NBA isn't going to tolerate a guy acting like that and would set a precedent.

If he didn't act like a maniac, he probably doesn't even get suspended. He needed to be slowed down on 3 occasions, and it looked like he went through the tunnel to find another way to attack Lebron. That's just crazy behavior.

... and none of it happens without LeBron. I am fine with a suspension, I don't think he should have got more than LeBron. I also think something was said to him that set him off.

Return to Golden State Warriors