ImageImageImage

Victory Cigar!!! BOS 108, HOU 90 (10-8)

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Who smokes it tonight?

Tatum
63%
Brown
27%
Smart
No votes
Horford
No votes
Rob
No votes
Dennis
No votes
Grant
2%
Nesmith
No votes
Other (team)
8%

Total votes: 52

TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,211

Re: Victory Cigar!!! BOS 108, HOU 90 (10-8) 

Post#41 » by TheMartian » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:52 am

Ill News wrote:Tatum's gonna win this VC, but I'm giving it to Jaylen for a (mildly) explosive return. That personal 8-0 run in the 3rd had me giddy. Welcome back, boy!

Giving it to JB so he gets the consolation prize. That 3rd qtr explosion (10 pts in 65 seconds) was huge and gave the C's the cushion that the Rockets weren't able to recover from.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#42 » by BostonCouchGM » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:26 am

I am having a hard time caring this season. There’s nothing worse than a team with limited upside playing average veterans. I’m losing interest in Tatum and Brown’s style of play and can’t stand Smart. Guess I have to hope they blow it up. I’ve reached pre-Pierce level of indifference. Games are simply not fun to watch
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,555

Post#43 » by Shak_Celts » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:45 am

Didn't catch post game til now, watched the bucs, JB isn't going to play against the Nets. He shouldn't have tonight. All my opinions, no way to know for sure atm, but I didn't like what he said about his body.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 10,926

Post#44 » by exculpatory » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:03 am

Shak_Celts wrote:Didn't catch post game til now, watched the bucs, JB isn't going to play against the Nets. He shouldn't have tonight. All my opinions, no way to know for sure atm, but I didn't like what he said about his body.

He re-tweaked his hammy?
Dammit!

We just took out the trash tonight as we should have.
Not a real NBA game.

JT is playing TOP 5 in the NBA of late!

Loved JB’s Q3 orgasm.
Cobra under control.
Loved AL & Rob & Menace.
Romeo has real potential.

Real test of what we have begins right now:
1. Nets next & Sixers next week!
2. Then VERY VERY HARD 5 game WESTERN TRIP!
3. Then return home & immediately have to play the Bucks, Warriors, Knicks & Sixers!

VERY TOUGH STRETCH - WE ARE GOING TO FIND OUT VERY QUICKLY WHAT WE HAVE HERE.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,211

Post#45 » by TheMartian » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:39 am

Shak_Celts wrote:Didn't catch post game til now, watched the bucs, JB isn't going to play against the Nets. He shouldn't have tonight. All my opinions, no way to know for sure atm, but I didn't like what he said about his body.

Ddin't catch the post-game. What did he say?
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Post#46 » by djFan71 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:17 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:Decent tuneup session.

Need to avenge our logo on Wednesday. I want a beatdown of the Nets.

Can I and1 just the words? Mods???
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Post#47 » by djFan71 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:23 am

Went Tatum, but maybe I just misspelled team.

Rob & Jaylen back (however briefly) was nice. Rob on the boards is fun.
Romeo needs to learn to finish, but then he can be super useful.
He & Grant seem to be cementing themselves in the core 9 man rotation.
Nesmith nailing that 3 right off the bench was nice. He had a nice swagger getting back on D after it.
Kanter was solid out there.

Scal kinda called this one in the first half that HOU would just stop playing D in the 2nd half. Though it wasn't only in transition, lol, they just kinda stopped playing D everywhere.

Deep bench was a little shaky - but at least they didn't get pulled, lol.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,859

Post#48 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:29 am

djFan71 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Decent tuneup session.

Need to avenge our logo on Wednesday. I want a beatdown of the Nets.

Can I and1 just the words? Mods???

I just miss Kyrie. This team is bland, no drama.
1st banana
Starter
And1: 3,002

Post#49 » by 1st banana » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:23 am

The Comedian wrote:Is this good?

Read on Twitter
?s=20

It’s definitely not bad.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,859

Post#50 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:38 am

1st banana wrote:
The Comedian wrote:Is this good?

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

It’s definitely not bad.

When the GOAT gives you a shoutout, you might be doing something decent.
Read on Twitter

Or is this a #PaidAd, Bill?
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#51 » by BillessuR6 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:53 am

We won, so that is what counts. But I did not like how we played.

I am not a big fan of the double center lineup. There just ins`t enough spacing.

Also did not like how JB hog the ball. Sure, he had a great 3rd quarter but he needs to get rid of the ball quicker...
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,529

Post#52 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:36 pm

thebirdman wrote:We won, so that is what counts. But I did not like how we played.

I am not a big fan of the double center lineup. There just ins`t enough spacing.

Also did not like how JB hog the ball. Sure, he had a great 3rd quarter but he needs to get rid of the ball quicker...

He had three straight transition buckets for 8 points. That's the good kind of hogging to me.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Jammer
General Manager
And1: 2,858

Post#53 » by Jammer » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:47 pm

exculpatory wrote:

He re-tweaked his hammy?
Dammit!

Not a real NBA game.

3. Then return home & immediately have to play the Bucks, Warriors, Knicks & Sixers!

Not without Jaylen Brown, I'm sorry to remind you. Perhaps that was already implicit in your post. Not sure if it was.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#54 » by ddb » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:05 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:I am having a hard time caring this season. There’s nothing worse than a team with limited upside playing average veterans. I’m losing interest in Tatum and Brown’s style of play and can’t stand Smart. Guess I have to hope they blow it up. I’ve reached pre-Pierce level of indifference. Games are simply not fun to watch

Alright, so to a certain extent I can understand why you feel this way. This isn't an "exciting" team to watch (yet). However, I do not agree with the blowing it up part. I would exercise a little patience with this team. Ime has very clearly emphasized the defensive end of the floor....it took the team some time, but they have been the #1 defense in the league over the last 10 games. That's something to be excited about.
Offensively, they will get better. Tatum has been much better. Jaylen just got back. Schroder has established himself as the 3rd scorer....Horford/Smart/Richardson can all contribute as solid veteran players. Rob has been decent. Grant/Romeo have exceeded early season expectations.

Here's what I would say to you.....Patience. Brad Stevens is watching these games. He knows this team doesn't have enough firepower offensively to go very far this season. Remember, Celts have a large TPE. Trade season is still a ways away. I have a feeling if this team climbs up into the thick of things in the East that Brad will work hard to bring in another player that can bolster the offense and add shooting.

This team has a good foundation. Blowing it up doesn't make any sense.
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 10,926

Post#55 » by exculpatory » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:14 pm

Jammer wrote:
exculpatory wrote:

He re-tweaked his hammy?
Dammit!

Not a real NBA game.

Not without Jaylen Brown, I'm sorry to remind you. Perhaps that was already implicit in your post. Not sure if it was.

I was hoping that he would be playing in many of those games.

Does anyone have an injury update on him?
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,268

Post#56 » by chrisab123 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:54 pm

Everyone here still want to trade Tatum or nah?
Triple M
General Manager
And1: 2,760

Post#57 » by Triple M » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:34 pm

The 3rd quarter
VeryMuchWoke
Head Coach
And1: 7,490

Post#58 » by VeryMuchWoke » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:22 pm

For the first time in about 6 years, the NBA is fun to watch again. I'm so glad Adam Silver decided to fix the officiating after slowly destroying it. I'm sure the refs still put their fingers on the scales, but at least the game isn't dominated by their whistles.

Why the hell did they rush Jaylen back when we were fine without him? I hate our medical staff.

I'm encouraged by the team's play thus far. Ime is doing fantastic for a Y1 coach, Jayson continues to improve and is playing well within an offense with real ball movement, and Stevens seems to have a good handle on roster construction. He'll need to find a way to make Schroder and Horford more than just a short-term boost to the team's play, which is no small feat, but after last year things are going about as well as one could reasonably expect (other than the injuries).
"Danny Ainge needs to shut the **** up and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner when he was playing, and I know that because I coached against him."
Pat Riley
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,555

Post#59 » by Shak_Celts » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:34 pm

TheMartian wrote:

Ddin't catch the post-game. What did he say?

Probably too late, but he said that leading up to the game he felt fine and no tightness, just before the game it tightened up. His body didn't feel the way he'd like. Said it didn't get worse during the game FWIW. He seemed like he was slow to sit and stand. He wanted to play the Lakers, but the med staff got him to wait til Monday. He's had the injury a couple times (IIRC), but this one is lingering.

Earlier he said he would come back from these maybe too soon and he was going to allow this more time to heal. I don't know if I believe him after last night. I know he wants to play, but if he does more damage it could be his season.

Edit: JB may play vs nets, it was an assumption on my part, he didn't seem enthused so I read into that. He's saying it's getting better, but I don't trust players much at this point.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 9,990

Post#60 » by Dogen » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:41 pm

return2glory wrote:Why are the Rockets allowed to tank by the league by not playing a healthy John Wall? OKC was allowed to do that with Horford last season too. The NBA would get upset at teams for resting players but now this is okay?

In Wall's defense, the word on the street is that he is traveling with the team, enjoying the food, and generally being a good egg.

But at least once a game they should pan over to him sitting on the bench and put this opening guitar riff on blast:

Hey you! Can we come together?

Return to Boston Celtics